Bellator 198 - Fedor vs Mir - Rosemont Illinois

I believe that 100%. Bragging about one's bankroll, elite gambling skills and financial security is inversely proportional to one's real bankroll, betting sharpness & net worth.

Yeah, generally probably true. I guess I was just kinda yapping about my general financial situation in reaction to that other goof, which is probably a poor tactic. I readily admit my gambling BR and amounts I bet are (relatively) small compared to a lot of people here. And while I've been profitable long term, I think there's for sure sharper bettors here than me. (Maybe due to time constraints they can study more or whatever, doesn't matter. They just do better than I do most likely.)

I shouldn't bring up my financial situation, even in reaction to someone else or for context. In my case, it's definiely NOT inverse to reality, but it's still tacky at best, and straight up d-bag stuff at worst.

I've just busted my ass (and so has my wife) and made sacrifices when we were younger to get to where we are financially now. For some reason being called "broke" by some turd here because I bet amounts that don't really matter to me was irritating. Meh, whatever, I should act my age and not respond...

Yeah, generally probably true. I guess I was just kinda yapping about my general financial situation in reaction to that other goof, which is probably a poor tactic. I readily admit my gambling BR and amounts I bet are (relatively) small compared to a lot of people here. And while I've been profitable long term, I think there's for sure sharper bettors here than me. (Maybe due to time constraints they can study more or whatever, doesn't matter. They just do better than I do most likely.)

I shouldn't bring up my financial situation, even in reaction to someone else or for context. In my case, it's definiely NOT inverse to reality, but it's still tacky at best, and straight up d-bag stuff at worst.

I've just busted my ass (and so has my wife) and made sacrifices when we were younger to get to where we are financially now. For some reason being called "broke" by some turd here because I bet amounts that don't really matter to me was irritating. Meh, whatever, I should act my age and not respond...
I've read this forum long enough to know you weren't included in the 'ego' thing i said! No justification needed on your end

I believe that 100%. Bragging about one's bankroll, elite gambling skills and financial security is inversely proportional to one's real bankroll, betting sharpness & net worth.
Absolutely it is and they come back as alt accounts after they get banned. Saddest part about it...

What's worse, if they had any personal skills they'd have good conversation in here. Everyone wants to talk fights, afterall.

I've read this forum long enough to know you weren't included in the 'ego' thing i said! No justification needed on your end

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

For some reason being called "broke" by some turd here because I bet amounts that don't really matter to me was irritating. Meh, whatever, I should act my age and not respond...
Looks like you got successfully trolled lol. It can happen to the best of us.

Not to be unscientific and kneejerk, I just rate Fedor in this one since I feel like Mir's both a lot slower, and a lot more likely to stay down if he gets cracked hard. Fedor's gone till he's been finished in all his losses, whilst we've seen Mir just kind of stay down a few times like against Mir and JDS (Not saying those two didn't blast him, but you could see Mir just kind of accept defeat)

Not to be unscientific and kneejerk, I just rate Fedor in this one since I feel like Mir's both a lot slower, and a lot more likely to stay down if he gets cracked hard. Fedor's gone till he's been finished in all his losses, whilst we've seen Mir just kind of stay down a few times like against Mir and JDS (Not saying those two didn't blast him, but you could see Mir just kind of accept defeat)

I like Mir to win, but this is an absolutely valid point. Mir has had times (granted awhile ago) when he's been lit up and just didn't have it in him to keep fighting.

But...also keep in mind he got battered by Nog in the rematch and found a way to get ahold of that kimura. He's dangerous until the ref stops it.

I think you and I have similar thoughts on this one. Speed standing is going to be an issue and I also think speed with the GnP is going to be an issue if Fedor is standing above Mir. Even at his best, Mir looks slow IMO. I think we'll probably see one of the worst versions of Mir too.

I like Mir to win, but this is an absolutely valid point. Mir has had times (granted awhile ago) when he's been lit up and just didn't have it in him to keep fighting.

But...also keep in mind he got battered by Nog in the rematch and found a way to get ahold of that kimura. He's dangerous until the ref stops it.
He is dangerous. Can't deny that. I just see the probability of Mir just being in it for a payday as larger than Fedor. I totally believe there's a cahnce Mir just catches Fedor clean early and gets the win, but I'd be surprised by a great Mir performance under duress in this one. I'd also be surprised if Fedor doesn't close as a favorite here due to the traditional fuckton of late money that comes in on Russian fighters lately.

I think you and I have similar thoughts on this one. Speed standing is going to be an issue and I also think speed with the GnP is going to be an issue if Fedor is standing above Mir. Even at his best, Mir looks slow IMO. I think we'll probably see one of the worst versions of Mir too.

I could honestly see GnP hardly coming into it. Mir gets dropped like Mittrione, and I think that Mir doesn't come back up again.

I like the under 1.5 rounds in the Mir/Fedor fight, the price is reasonable. I'm in for 1u.

Mir is going to be the bigger fighter and Fedor is going to have a fair size speed advantage. My only concern regarding my bet is Mir with his size advantage might try and grind out Fedor against the cage with his size. Both fighters don't have the gas tanks to trade for more than 1.5 rounds, if both fighters decide to just trade.

He is dangerous. Can't deny that. I just see the probability of Mir just being in it for a payday as larger than Fedor. I totally believe there's a cahnce Mir just catches Fedor clean early and gets the win, but I'd be surprised by a great Mir performance under duress in this one. I'd also be surprised if Fedor doesn't close as a favorite here due to the traditional fuckton of late money that comes in on Russian fighters lately.

I could honestly see GnP hardly coming into it. Mir gets dropped like Mittrione, and I think that Mir doesn't come back up again.

I think both are in it for a payday to a degree. I think they'll still fight hard, but I gotta believe neither are putting in the hours training that they used to.

Guys please don't bet on Fedor vs Mir
What’s gonna happen, in nothing-ever-happens-the-way-you-expect bellator fashion, is Mir wins by decision. Thus ruining any Fedor/FDNGTD bets everyone puts down.

Fedor BETTER win this fight, and it would obviously be by stoppage, but Bellator fights almost always have the most unexpected outcomes possible.

surprisingly fedor looks like shit and Mir seems to have slimmed out. incredible the difference in Frank's gut from a few weeks ago

frank-mir-fedor-emelianenko-bellator-192.jpg

tiny limits sadly but took some Harris DEC +790 that line seems nuts.. he likely loses but would not be shocked if he gets some takedowns and gets his hugging going for a DEC win

tiny limits sadly but took some Harris DEC +790 that line seems nuts.. he likely loses but would not be shocked if he gets some takedowns and gets his hugging going for a DEC win

Yeah took a tiny stab too.

What’s gonna happen, in nothing-ever-happens-the-way-you-expect bellator fashion, is Mir wins by decision. Thus ruining any Fedor/FDNGTD bets everyone puts down.

Fedor BETTER win this fight, and it would obviously be by stoppage, but Bellator fights almost always have the most unexpected outcomes possible.
Mir wins via Fedor snapping his achilles tendon at 2:31 of the second round.

Back