Bellator 180: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione PBP (Discussion)

YuhzflC.mp4
giphy.gif

Thank you - was looking for this :eek:

Man Fedor was never this sloppy before - both sloppy just throwing punchs and not protecting themselves at all

I swear to fucking God if Fedor fights again after this I might consider stopping watching MMA all together. Dude is losing all respect, didn't even look for the takedown against Matt. A guy who is known to be a fucking amateur. GTFO with this shit!

You could have just said 1-4 in the cage, but saying 'with PED testing' insinuates something

Plus who knows if he was tested in Russia??

Officially he's 4-5 on US soil (under testing) - but most importantly failed zero of those
Is there something false about what I said?

Slander is a lie, so yes.
Stating a fact isn't slander. There is no reason to be upset by the fact that Fedor is 1-4 in the cage with PED testing. You can keep reporting me but it doesn't change anything.

I think Fedor should have went to his back instead of trying to get up.
True, these punches under the arm finished him when he exposed his head trying to stand up, not the punch that dropped him. A BJJ guy would just stay on the ground and try to tie up their opponent, Fedor might have actually survived this.

all these pride era guys need to just stop and retire and enjoy the rest of their lives. no need to sustain further damage to their bodies and legacies.

lol now that time has passed that double knockdown is pretty funny

$

Sherdog, why do you guys rule the finish as 'TKO' as opposed to 'KO' when it was a clear KO?

That seems bias to me. I think Matt deserves more credit than he got.

Is there something false about what I said?
You tell me, was he tested in Russia?

We know he's 2-0 in a ring with PED testing though. But we know many fighters were cycling with old USADA, so almost everyone's record is questionable up until recently

Anderson Silva would be 1-1 with new USADA
GSP never fought under new rules
same with Jones...

You tell me, was he tested in Russia?

We know he's 2-0 in a ring with PED testing though. But we know many fighters were cycling with old USADA, so almost everyone's record is questionable up until recently

Anderson Silva would be 1-1 with new USADA
GSP never fought under new rules
same with Jones...
Cool story and all, but that has nothing to do with the fact that Fedor is 1-4 in the cage with PED testing.

Cool story and all, but that has nothing to do with the fact that Fedor is 1-4 in the cage with PED testing.
My question was whether he was tested in Russia, as if he was he'd be 2-4 in the cage with testing.

Honest question as it would alter 'the facts' if we had information on it

The other part of my story was just for your benefit, seeing we're both posting cool stories

My question was whether he was tested in Russia, as if he was he'd be 2-4 in the cage with testing.

Honest question as it would alter 'the facts' if we had information on it

The other part of my story was just for your benefit, seeing we're both posting cool stories
And yet it was you who quoted me and not the other way around. ;)

It saddens me that Fedor lost, especially being Russian it hurts even more.
Can't really access this fight since it ended so quick. Fedor dropped, but how can we know now what he is really still capable of, I wish fight went longer. Smth like that can pretty much happen in any HW fight, like Werdum getting KOed by Stipe for example.
I gotta say though Matt Mitrione is such a cool and classy dude. I was moved by his speach and request to donate to fighter that just passed away. You can tell he was sincere. Will always support him from now.

Crocop was outstuck wnd dominated by Gabriel Gonzaga...
Who stunned him with elbows that were illegal in Pride, and Cro Cop had never before faced them in his life. And that same CC has 6 wins vs UFC champions in Pride. Cro Cop was in a way lineal UFC champion because Barnett never lost his title in a fight and then Mirko beat him.

The man is a legend and one of the best fighters of all time, but it's dumb to think that he would be the same in 2017.....the end of his prime was in mid 2008, that's almost 10 years ago.

The transitions from striking to wrestling are gone, his strength used to be unbelievable according to other formidable fighters that fought him, his hips, his quickness, his ability to take a punch.

Later in his career, due to age and injuries, he's turned more into a one dimensional stand up fighter who only relies on the knockout, if he connects he can hurt you, but he himself can also easily get hurt nowadays.

Back