Bellator 180: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione PBP (Discussion)

No one is trolling. Fedor fans just can't handle the fact that he is overrated. Not everyone is blind. He ducked the UFC for over a decade.

Beaten by 2 UFC fighters and should have lost to another.

No. For his era he was the best ever, he beat most of the top 10 during his run, including the champs from the UFC (Tim, AA, tried to fight Barnett), who was going to beat him during that time in the UFC Randy? Who he tried to fight as well. He isnt overrated, he is one of the best fighters of all time, just like Anderson, GSP, Jones, Nog, Cro Cop, etc

At the time UFC couldn't match Prides offer, after that he joined Affliciton which paid him more, then he joined Strikeforce which had a MUCH better HW division then the UFC. So what did he duck exactly? Randy who he tried to fight? He wasn't getting an offer from the UFC after strikeforce, and at that time was the only time the UFC had a great HW division, just understand that they have always had a worse HW division then Pride and Strikeforce, and hell even Affliction. They only now have a serviceable one. If Fedor was a LHW I would agree, but he wasn't. There is no one from his era that the UFC had that might have been a threat that he didn't fight or try to, Barnett, Randy, Tim, Monson AA, Hunt, Rizzo...so who again should he have fought during his reign? Um..Buentello, Vera? He joined the SF HW GP which had Werdum, AA, Sergei, Barnett, Cormier AND Reem, he was expected to fight some of those in it..sooooo he ducked what? Underpayment and weaker competition during his era?

Then Sonnen triangle chokes Wandy after Wandy gets on top with an explosive double leg.

Uh he got KO'd in like 2 seconds.

They both knocked each other down, if he would have got up quicker and hit Matt again it COULD have been different, but he didn't and he lost, no shame in that. I quite enjoyed the double knock down, was hoping for a double ko I thought that would have been the most bellator thing to happen.

No one is trolling. Fedor fans just can't handle the fact that he is overrated. Not everyone is blind. He ducked the UFC for over a decade.

Beaten by 2 UFC fighters and should have lost to another.
Your criticizing a guy who is 40 years old and is now clearly past his prime. If you think he always sucked then I guess Cro Cop, Big Nog, and the entire pride roster did as well; also Arlovski and Sylvia and all the people of the mid 2000's who lost to them in the UFC. You have no concept of age, history, biology or anything cogent or tangent to a discussion of all time heavyweight greats. And i don't argue with children who like wiping their intellectual poo all over the internet like there some kind of great MMA prognosticator.

TL;DR Don't feed the trolls.

Looking at Wanderlei these days and looking back at how he looked when he fought cro-cop the 2nd time .... Is that age or being off the roids or both?

They both knocked each other down, if he would have got up quicker and hit Matt again it COULD have been different, but he didn't and he lost, no shame in that. I quite enjoyed the double knock down, was hoping for a double ko I thought that would have been the most bellator thing to happen.

Nah it was just obvious he was gonna get his ass handed to him. Tbh it's really upsetting... He's literally top 50 at best now. Really upsetting.

Nah it was just obvious he was gonna get his ass handed to him. Tbh it's really upsetting... He's literally top 50 at best now. Really upsetting.

Eh, I dont know maybe im more optimistic, I think if he would have recovered quicker and jumped on Matt it would have been he as the winner. However it was a dangerous fight, which is sad because 10 years ago it would have been an easy zuluing. That said fighters get old. It is sad to see, but hell, not everyone is GSP and retires on top

Man... I don't know why Fedor wanted to return, when this fight was first announced I knew it was going to be a bad night for Fedor after we all saw how Fedor was against Fabio.

$ and he never cared about tarnishing his legacy or proving anything.

He was willing to fight anyone PRIDE asked him to, even if they had no business getting in the ring with him. He also seemed to be a different fighter by the time he went to Strikeforce and shows hint of sliding early in the Arlovski fight.

They declined offer. What a shit guess.

Some of them, like Curry, have said they wouldn't attend a White House event. But at this point I believe that they have officially not been invited and are still deciding if they would accept if offered.

WTF Anderson Silva weighs 220lbs and cuts down to MW whereas Fedor who's a natural 230lb doesn't cut weight and fights guys that are all larger than he is.

lets judge them on how they fought similar competition shall we such as Dan Henderson...yeah i thought so.

Fedor has lost his chin the same way Chuck Liddel did. Bellator has had bad luck with these aging fighters. As someone else said, only legends fights for Fedor from now on.

What did people expect? Fedor got destroyed by an over the hill 205-pounder Dan Henderson like 5-years ago and should have lost to Maldonado of all people, any decent heavyweight was gonna wreck him since then.

Henderson even fought at 185 late in his career. I wouldn't say Fedor got destroyed. I remember an exchange on the feet that got Henderson on the ground and Fedor followed him down and let Henderson slip away and clock him from behind - a move Henderson says he practiced. If Fedor stayed on his feet he had a good shot against both Henderson and Werdum. Or if he went to the ground and showed caution. But his fight IQ seemed to decrease, like his chin.

Back