Bellator 180: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione PBP (Discussion)

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
265lbs- Fedor Emelianenko (36-4) vs. Matt Mitrione (11-5)

Fedor_Emelianenko_vs._Matt_Mitrione.jpg

13679.png

Last edited:
Fedor looks weird in that picture.
Anyway, I think he can win this one. He trained with Peter this time, mainly in Holland without any distractions. So I expect him to be calmer and more calculated this time.
Fedya by sub in the first.

is this fight tonight? what time???

Fedor is super religious, so he doesn't beat meat.

edit:
nvm, it isn't working on sherdog for some reason.

Last edited:
This fight is the reason I will be watching. Hope we get to see one last Fedor GOAT win before riding off into the sunset.

Matt will rain destruction on the HW Emperor, Fedor's last fight eroded my confidence in his ability to take the fist of Meathead.

Play that shit

Emperor ✔
Thick Solid Tight ✔
Cold as ice ✔
Goosebumps ✔

Lets do this.

giphy.gif

bdRx1.gif

office-dwight-mad.gif

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR FEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody but me notice that in the Fabio fight Fedor looked as comfortable as I've seen him in the cage...ever. Maybe it was just that he got punished took it's toll but he looked loose and really used the cage and distance a lot better than his other cage fights imo. Especially late in the fight when Maldanado would "try" to come in for a attack, Fedor sorta clinched him and tossed him into the cage really fast.

Taking into account that "clinch toss", I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it again possibly a "clinch Sambo toss" if Fedor wants it on the ground, for Fedor to easily gameplan a inevitable Meathead "charge forward with punches" then toss and counter punch him directly into a takedown or just pure KO/TKO. If Fedor doesn't get stupid and egocentric like with Fabio if he takes down Meathead it's 100% Fedor destroys him. If he's dumb and wants to straight up strike, it's 60/40 Matt imo...unless Fedor uses very good distance and head movement and speed, with extreme use of really damaging leg kicks (like with Monson) to setup and good blind combo (ala Tim Silvia/Rizzo) and finish with GnP.

If it ends up on the ground with Fedor on top = 100% Fedor win
If they stand all night = 60/40 odds in favor of Matt catching something, unless Fedor fights as smart as he did at least against Rizzo (distance, careful precision strikes, leg kicks constant, speed).

I like Mitrione, but I can't root against Fedor.

I do think Meathead wins though based off of Fedor's last few performances.

Nobody I know is taking Fedor in this fight but they all want him to win. Old age came fast for the man and he hasn't put the work in that is required in this era of MMA to slow it down. His camp is probably still full of the normal guys. Why he wouldn't try to bring the fight down to the ground as fast as possible is beyond me, he literally doesn't care anymore about GnP or submissions.

Back