Bellator 160: Henderson vs. Pitbull (7:50pm et prelims/10pm et Main Card) Discussion

Benson seems to have lost his appetite for MMA is that maybe the reason for him wanting to join the Marines?
maybe he's too rich, lost the hunger, literal hunger of needing to fight to keep food on the table...hes too comfortable and there is no goal for him in bellator because the titles are more meaningless than in the ufc

Awful main event on many levels. Just awful. Aside from that, fun night.

Can we just let RDA in a Bellator Cage and watch him eat their souls
tumblr_muu3jlpB6r1sohs7lo1_500.gif

He's definitely not fighting the same way. Age and hunger matters.

Context really matters in MMA.
That's definitely true. Maybe he's just past it, I dunno. That was seriously underwhelming though. I figured he'd be the one to pick Patricio apart at range and instead he gets out pointed with low kicks the whole fight? That's so fucked

I've never listened to the show. Never knew anyone did.
Obz I'm joking if they're going to put one on for Bellator, but I atually enjoy it somewhat for big fights. Sometimes it's nice to listen to someone else talk about the fights when you're still thinking about them and the broadcast is done.

I really think that Pitbull injured himself when he was holding up Bendos leg and turning with the weight of Bendo on him.
that probably popped it out or whatever turned it out, i think it was from an earlier kick...will have to rewatch the fight, if only bellators production crew didnt suck we would know

Bendo is known for the low, hard leg kicks and grinding TD's. He carries all of his weight in his lower body, so he isnt fast. His boxing has never been great. He should get back to the basics. Pitbull was fast and looked good until the check. I cant believe that I remember the kick and Bellator cannot find the damn footage. Sad

Shame for Pitbull. He was piecing Bendo up. Bendo is sure showing the UFC isn't all that.

Pride, Strikeforce and the WEC showed that the ufc wasn't all that. Bellator is doing the same. The previous Bellator champ came in and took the ufc title in the first round. You would think after years of this happening, the morons that buy into the ufc marketing would wake up and realize they have been had.

I honestly could see Benson getting KOed by Chandler with a performance like that. Maybe he's just not used to three round fights... idk. But that was probably the worst performance I've ever seen from him, and I've watched pretty much all his fights since the Melendez fight.
Yeah, that was uncharacteristic of Benson. I can't recall him ever being that inactive and tentative. Maybe the Koreshkov fight screwed with his head?

Dana White must've gotten a good chuckle out of that, your boy was losing to a FW.

Benson just fighting for a paycheck, he has said for a while that he was gonna retire at 32 or 33.

Pittbul hits harder than Frankie and Bendo barely landed a punch before it was stopped. I say he looked better.
that doesn't mean Pitbull is a better striker by any means.

The reason Benson didn't land a punch is because he didn't actually throw any.

I remember Belaltor circa 2009 being great.

The 2016 version is garbage.

Back