Bellator 160: Henderson vs. Pitbull (7:50pm et prelims/10pm et Main Card) Discussion

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://bellator.spike.com/live
edit.. they're having problems with their prelim stream. use these links.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/08/bellator-160-video-stream-and-live-results
http://www.sherdog.com/events/Bellator-160-Henderson-vs-Pitbull-53687

Bellator 160: Henderson vs. Pitbull

Friday 08.26.2016 at 10:00 PM ET
U.S. Broadcast: Spike TV | Prelims: Spike.com
Promotion: Bellator MMA
Ownership: Bellator Sport Worldwide, LLC
Venue: Honda Center
Enclosure: Cage
TV Announcers: Sean Grande, Jimmy Smith
Ring Announcer: Michael C. Williams
Post-Fight Interviews: Jimmy Smith
Number of MMA Bouts: 12

Bellator_160_Henderson_vs._Pitbull_Poster.jpg

Main Card: (Spike TV-10pm ET)

155lbs- Benson Henderson (23-5) vs. Patricio Freire (25-3) (3 X 5 Rounds)
155lbs- Derek Anderson (13-2) vs. Saad Awad (19-7)
145lbs- Bubba Jenkins (11-2) vs. Georgi Karakhanyan (24-6-1)
145lbs- Cody Walker (9-4) vs. AJ McKee (4-0)

Prelims: ( 7:50PM ET) http://bellator.spike.com/live

125 lbs David Duran vs. Kyle Estrada
125 lbs Steve Ramirez vs. Ron Henderson
170 lbs Joey Davis vs. Keith Cutrone
155 lbs Gabriel Green vs. Alex Trinidad
170 lbs Andy Murad vs. Johnny Cisneros
145 lbs Mario Navarro vs. Chinzo Machida
155 lbs Stephen Martinez vs. Jake Roberts
155 lbs Jacob Rosales vs. Mike Segura

1159.png

Weigh In Results
Bellator 160 Weigh-in Results:
Benson Henderson (156) vs. Patricio Freire (155.4)
Saad Awad (155.5) vs. Derek Anderson (155.6)
Georgi Karakhanyan (149) vs. Bubba Jenkins (146.8)
A.J. McKee (145.6) vs. Cody Walker (145.3)
David Duran (125.7) vs. Kyle Estrada (125.8)
Ron Henderson (125.7) vs. Steve Ramirez (126.2)
Joey Davis (174) vs. Keith Cutrone (175)
Gabriel Green (155.4) vs. Alex Trinidad (156)
Johnny Cisneros (174.5) vs. Andy Murad (175)
Chinzo Machida (145.2) vs. Mario Navarro (145.8)
Stephen Martinez (156) vs. Jake Roberts (155.8)
Jacob Rosales (155) vs. Mike Segura (155.5)
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Be...o-Pitbull-on-Point-110271#LxwAjXl1WJebzZ5s.99

CANCELLED & FIZZLED BOUTS
CANCELLED145 lbsAJ McKee Jr. vs. Henry Corrales Corrales Injury
CANCELLED170 lbsKevin Ferguson Jr. vs. Jonathan Tomasian Ferguson Injury
CANCELLED125 lbsLena Ovchynnikova vs. Jaimee Nievara Ovchynnikova Injury​

Last edited:
One of the best Bellator cards in some time. The only "meh" matchup is the McKee/Walker fight, which AJ should win rather easily by first round finish. The rest of the card is pretty damn good. Benson should win, but Patricio packs a really mean punch and could catch him. I don't see Pitbull being able to win any other way honestly, maybe he could get a sub, but I doubt he'd be able to sub Benson without rocking him or something.

Bubba/Georgi 2 and Anderson/Awad are pretty much pick 'ems for me.

oh didnt know the baby slice fight was canceled...still got chinzo on the prelims, i'll try to remember to watch that

Really good main event and Bubba/Georgi is solid.

Joey Davis is a prospect to watch on prelims but other than that its usual bellator shit prelims to sell tickets.

They did lose a few fights though, Baby Slice, Lena and Aj fight with Corrales which was an actual legit test for AJ.

One of the best Bellator cards in some time. The only "meh" matchup is the McKee/Walker fight, which AJ should win rather easily by first round finish. The rest of the card is pretty damn good. Benson should win, but Patricio packs a really mean punch and could catch him. I don't see Pitbull being able to win any other way honestly, maybe he could get a sub, but I doubt he'd be able to sub Benson without rocking him or something.

Bubba/Georgi 2 and Anderson/Awad are pretty much pick 'ems for me.
Pitbull can win this by decision for sure. He is very hard to take down and has better boxing than Bendo. He even has excellent BJJ but I think this will go the distance to a close decision that could go his way. I was initially leaning Bendo but the value on Pitbull at +190 is incredible.

Finnaly Bellator is having a good card, Rich Chou finally is doing good things, the main event would be fun and the rest of the main card is really fan friendly
The only "meh" matchup is the McKee/Walker fight, which AJ should win rather easily by first round finish
It's a shame that Corrales get a injury in his training camp, Corrales was supposed to be a excellent step up in competition to AJ

Bellator 160 Weigh-in Results:
Benson Henderson (156) vs. Patricio Freire (155.4)
Saad Awad (155.5) vs. Derek Anderson (155.6)
Georgi Karakhanyan (149) vs. Bubba Jenkins (146.8)
A.J. McKee (145.6) vs. Cody Walker (145.3)
David Duran (125.7) vs. Kyle Estrada (125.8)
Ron Henderson (125.7) vs. Steve Ramirez (126.2)
Joey Davis (174) vs. Keith Cutrone (175)
Gabriel Green (155.4) vs. Alex Trinidad (156)
Johnny Cisneros (174.5) vs. Andy Murad (175)
Chinzo Machida (145.2) vs. Mario Navarro (145.8)
Stephen Martinez (156) vs. Jake Roberts (155.8)
Jacob Rosales (155) vs. Mike Segura (155.5)
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Be...o-Pitbull-on-Point-110271#LxwAjXl1WJebzZ5s.99

So I looked at all the last names of the people who are on the card and where did they get all of these people? Home Depot?

So I looked at all the last names of the people who are on the card and where did they get all of these people? Home Depot?
This is one of Bellator's better non-tentpole cards in a while. Do you not follow Bellator or MMA at all? All the main card fighters have fought in Bellator before. Henderson is a former UFC champion that everyone knows, Pitbull (Freire) is Bellator's former featherweight champion who has headlined cards before; Awad & Anderson have both been on Bellator main cards in competitive fights multiple times; Karakhanyan and Jenkins have both fought on Bellator main cards before and are re-matching each other here- they're also two of the better fighters outside the UFC in their weight class; AJ McKee is the son of former fighter Antonio McKee and is a rising prospect at 145 pounds and his opponent Cody Walker is a Bellator veteran who is stepping in on short notice. From the preliminary card Chinzo Machida is former UFC champ Lyoto Machida's brother. Jake Roberts is apparently pro wrestler Jake The Snake Robert's son for what that is worth. Most of the rest of the preliminary card fighters are locals or up and comers booked to sell tickets to increase the live gate as is usual for Bellator.

Jake Roberts is apparently pro wrestler Jake The Snake Robert's son for what that is worth.

He also holds a win over classical Bellator fighter Lloyd Woodard!

Sucks that the main event is only three rounds while fights like Manhoef-Carvalho go five.

I want pitbull to do well, but I have to lean towards bendo.

I have bendo, Anderson, Jenkins and McKee.

Top two fights I'm very interested in

are u sure it is 3 rounds? i can not find that information
All of Bellator non-title fights are 3 rounds, so it would be very surprising if they made Benson/Pitbull a 5 rounder.

All of Bellator non-title fights are 3 rounds, so it would be very surprising if they made Benson/Pitbull a 5 rounder.
155lbs- Benson Henderson (23-5) vs. Patricio Freire (25-3) (3 X 5 Rounds). it say on title of this thread

155lbs- Benson Henderson (23-5) vs. Patricio Freire (25-3) (3 X 5 Rounds). it say on title of this thread
I think that means it's 3, 5 minute rounds, unless they'd make it 5, 3 minute rounds.

http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/40416-bellator-160

This is from where TS took the whole bout order and ruleset, you can see that every fight is showed as being 3 x 5 rounds, So i'd venture to guess that it means every fight will go 3 rounds.

wish I could watch this, but I got a steak night fundraiser I can't miss.

Why did Georgi miss weight by 3lbs ? (he was whining a few days ago about how he only lost his last couple of fights due to injuries and that Bubba is screwed because he feels great).

Can anyone explain the weight classes in this fight lol? sherdog says everyone made weight but 4 guys weigh 175ish and 2 guys are inbetween 145-150. Is there a new 175lb class in bellator or is the article just horribly written.

Back