Bellator 160: Henderson vs. Pitbull (7:50pm et prelims/10pm et Main Card) Discussion

If you want to pretend Bellator's top fighters only look good because Benson is somehow different, you're welcome to it. Some of us know better and we're not even surprised Alvarez is now UFC LW champ. I suppose Eddie just got way better or RDA got way worse after Eddie joined the UFC? <rollingeyes.gif>
I'm sorry, are you aware that I've been posting in Bellator pbp threads since 2013? Or the fact that I was saying Eddie was a top 5 LW since he made chandler look like a dumbass on his feet?

For you to compare Pitbull to one of the best strikers in mma after he literally bounced around throwing a few low kicks is honestly pretty absurd. Don't act like he looked like a world beater himself in this fight.. you wouldn't even be saying that if Pitbull DIDN'T fight in Bellator. Not sure why I even wasted my time posting this as you're clearly too biased (and frankly ignorant of striking technique) to comment on this with anything close to objectivity.

53 left seconds in the first round...that was the kick

Pitbull had a good gameplan for Bendo. Bendo likes to kick a lot and he doesn't set it up with punches usually. Pitbull waited for those kicks so he could counter with his right hand. Bendo should have thrown more left high kicks so Pitbull had to block them and take damage on his right arm. Mixing in, or at least faking a shot would have helped too.

Summon a beach...

I'm happy that Benson got the win, but... aw, fuck.

That leg kick with 54 seconds left in the 1st round messed up Pitbulls shin. Stumbled backwards after that, and never threw another kick. Made a sickening thud sound. Checked perfectly.
yup this is the one, i rewatched this sucky fight on dvr so i can doubly verify this, its clear pitbull is hurt ane backs off after that...makes it not as bad as we thought since its not a random fluke ..benson looked tentative but he should get at least some credit..

Cut not resigned it's the same thing. They didn't want them and all of a sudden they suck.

It's not the same thing at all. I shouldn't have to explain this but obviously you are an idiot or just have your dana white glasses on. Being cut is like being fired from a job. Leaving a job for a better, higher paying job is not being fired, it's leaving on your terms and moving on to something better.

yup this is the one, i rewatched this sucky fight on dvr so i can doubly verify this, its clear pitbull is hurt ane backs off after that...makes it not as bad as we thought since its not a random fluke ..benson looked tentative but he should get at least some credit..

If Weidman gets credit, Benson gets credit. He was on his way to at least losing 29-28.

If you want to pretend Bellator's top fighters only look good because Benson is somehow different, you're welcome to it. Some of us know better and we're not even surprised Alvarez is now UFC LW champ. I suppose Eddie just got way better or RDA got way worse after Eddie joined the UFC? <rollingeyes.gif>

Don't MMAmath us. But if you insist: Eddie got fucked up VS. Chandler. Chandler got fucked up VS. Brooks. And Brooks looked middling at best VS. a shitty version of Ross Pearson.

As Substance Abuse said: Eddie changed his game after Cerrone. And tonight is no grand proof Bellator's "best" are actually best.

well eddie did get his shit kicked in his first UFC fight

How so? The ex-Bellator champ just finished the ufc champ in the first round. Sounds like the Bellator belts are worth more, people just buy into BS marketing from the ufc because they are stupid.
all the belts are just meaningless to me now....bellator belts are def not worth more though, at most they are just as meaningless

i just like good fights now...at least i think chandler and benson will be interesting and im looking forward to that

I love how this dumbass wants to pretend that Eddie didn't look like shit against cowboy. Hahahahaha

all the belts are just meaningless to me now....bellator belts are def not worth more though, at most they are just as meaningless

i just like good fights now...at least i think chandler and benson will be interesting and im looking forward to that

I can definitely agree that many of the belts are pretty much meaningless.

Don't MMAmath us. But if you insist: Eddie got fucked up VS. Chandler. Chandler got fucked up VS. Brooks. And Brooks looked middling at best VS. a shitty version of Ross Pearson.

As Substance Abuse said: Eddie changed his game after Cerrone. And tonight is no grand proof Bellator's "best" are actually best.

MMA Math to prove organizational quality is a hilarious thought.

If you don't believe the UFC has the best fighters in the world for the most part outside of a few outliers, you might be a bit delusional.

Chandler is going to piece Benson up if he doesn't go back to his wrestling style. He needs to force the clinch early and often.

I'm sorry, are you aware that I've been posting in Bellator pbp threads since 2013? Or the fact that I was saying Eddie was a top 5 LW since he made chandler look like a dumbass on his feet?

For you to compare Pitbull to one of the best strikers in mma after he literally bounced around throwing a few low kicks is honestly pretty absurd. Don't act like he looked like a world beater himself in this fight.. you wouldn't even be saying that if Pitbull DIDN'T fight in Bellator. Not sure why I even wasted my time posting this as you're clearly too biased (and frankly ignorant of striking technique) to comment on this with anything close to objectivity.

Wow! Since 2013? Really? I'm so fucking impressed by that. I said Pitbull looked like a better version of Frankie against Bendo standing. I think Edgar vs Pitbull would be a heck of a fight to make actually. You talk like you think these guys are nobodies and he only looked good because Bendo is suddenly shit. Was that why Koreshkov looked so good too? Frankie often takes a shitload of punishment in fights. Even ones he wins. He's a good striker because of his wrestling.

MMA Math to prove organizational quality is a hilarious thought.

If you don't believe the UFC has the best fighters in the world for the most part outside of a few outliers, you might be a bit delusional.
nah man, Andrey koreshkov is clearly primed to KO wonderboy stiff.

Chandler is going to piece Benson up if he doesn't go back to his wrestling style. He needs to force the clinch early and often.

Benson's only chance to beat Chandler is to do what Brooks did to him: out-athlete him. Push the pace. Grapple with him a lot. Make him work a ton. If not, Benson is going to get hurt.

wellll...anyway this was still a good card...just a letdown main event

Wow! Since 2013? Really? I'm so fucking impressed by that. I said Pitbull looked like a better version of Frankie against Bendo standing. I think Edgar vs Pitbull would be a heck of a fight to make actually. You talk like you think these guys are nobodies and he only looked good because Bendo is suddenly shit. Was that why Koreshkov looked so good too? Frankie often takes a shitload of punishment in fights. Even ones he wins. He's a good striker because of his wrestling.
Koreshkov was significantly bigger than Benson though. Not to say he isn't very skilled. Thatch was a lot bigger than Benson too. I'm surprised he was losing to Pitbull.

Back