Being the 125lb Champion is like winning at the paralympics...

125 lb guys, 5'3 they just don't give the same thrilling sensation you get with at least normal sized guys.

What in the world is a "normal sized guy"? What is the definition of "normal sized"? What about the Gaussian Distribution model? So, since you only have an IQ of 85, does that make YOU retarded?

Also, according to Wikipedia, you should measure up to 4'10'' to be considered a midget.

What's more of a disability in a real fight? Being 6'4 and 300 lbs, but having 1 arm -- or being 5'3 140 lbs? Being 5'3 is a disability.

That's why they have to make handicap divisions for people that are too physically inferior to compete with the best. And Mighty Mouse fights at the bottom, most handicapped division there is.

125 lb guys, 5'3 they just don't give the same thrilling sensation you get with at least normal sized guys. Say what you want but Conor McGregor and Aldo look like normal human beings. Mighty Mouse is so small that he starts to have Oompa Loompa type body proportions. It just feels weird to watch.

The best way I can put it is, throw clown makeup on Conor McGregor and you just have a clown. Throw clown makeup on Mighty Mouse and you'll have people calling for human rights organizations because they assume you're making fun of small people.

*sigh* I'm 6'2 and 180 pounds and I recently placed 3rd in a regional kumite tourney. But I'd still balk at fighting Mighty Mouse because of his athleticism and ground skills. You say that being small is a disability compared to big guys, but then having no skill is an even bigger disability, meaning that you, by your own logic, are a disabled person! You might well weigh in at 200 lbs of couch lard but MM would chew you up unless you are a well-rounded mma fighter yourself. And that's the truth.

Last edited:
If there was a 5'3" and under division in basketball would you call the most dominant player in that division who is 5'2" the GOAT basketballer of all time?
Did you think you were a genius coming up with (or stealing) this shitty cross-sport analogy? MMA is a skillset, if you can't see the quality of Johnson's I don't know how to help you.

What's more of a disability in a real fight? Being 6'4 and 300 lbs, but having 1 arm -- or being 5'3 140 lbs? Being 5'3 is a disability.

That's why they have to make handicap divisions for people that are too physically inferior to compete with the best. And Mighty Mouse fights at the bottom, most handicapped division there is.

125 lb guys, 5'3 they just don't give the same thrilling sensation you get with at least normal sized guys. Say what you want but Conor McGregor and Aldo look like normal human beings. Mighty Mouse is so small that he starts to have Oompa Loompa type body proportions. It just feels weird to watch.

The best way I can put it is, throw clown makeup on Conor McGregor and you just have a clown. Throw clown makeup on Mighty Mouse and you'll have people calling for human rights organizations because they assume you're making fun of small people.
Get your big ass to a near boxing or bjj gym and you will find 140 guys that could kick your ass without breaking a sweat.

But you never trained so you are just talking from your couch.

What in the world is a "normal sized guy"? What is the definition of "normal sized"? What about the Gaussian Distribution model? So, since you only have an IQ of 85, does that make YOU retarded?

Also, according to Wikipedia, you should measure up to 4'10'' to be considered a midget.
When you think 5'3 is normal sized, you're drinking the kool aid. Keep on drinking

Get your big ass to a near boxing or bjj gym and you will find 140 guys that could kick your ass without breaking a sweat.

But you never trained so you are just talking from your couch.
I am 140 lbs. I could be considered a manlet myself. There's no pride or ego here. I'm just being honest. Watching guys my own size, like Dominick Cruz, sucks but is watchable. The guys at 125 are just on a different level small.

*sigh* I'm 6'2 and 180 pounds and I recently placed 3rd in a regional kumite tourney. But I'd still balk at fighting Mighty Mouse because of his athleticism and ground skills. You say that being small is a disability compared to big guys, but then having no skill is an even bigger disability, meaning that you, by your own logic, is a disabled person! You might well weigh in at 200 lbs of couch lard but MM would chew you up unless you are a well-rounded mma fighter yourself. And that's the truth.
Lack of skill is a disability in fighting, which is why they handicap amateur fights based on years of training experience..

I am 140 lbs. I could be considered a manlet myself. There's no pride or ego here. I'm just being honest. Watching guys my own size, like Dominick Cruz, sucks but is watchable. The guys at 125 are just on a different level small.

Ah, the "sure I'm 4 inches, but the guys who are 3 inches are REALLY sad" mindset.

Last edited:
I am in my 20ies, 190 pounds jacked and i have 5 years of bjj.
The best guy in my gym is a 135 pounds guy older than me and a longtime smoker, never tapped him even once, i can smash him, but it is an hard fight everytime.

Technique and "fight-honed athleticism" are real.

Ah, the "sure I'm 4 inches, but the guys who are 3 inches are REALLY sad" analogy.
I really don't even like watching guys my own size. If it were up to me, they'd rid of everything below 155, or at least 145. I would probably fight at 135, or even 125, myself. I don't like either weight class but 125 -- and the ratings prove that most people agree with me -- is just almost impossible to watch. 135 is like eating broccoli it sucks but I can take it. 125 is like filling my mouth with soap.

It really feels like I'm watching midget basketball on youtube, which was posted in this thread and sucks.

When you think 5'3 is normal sized, you're drinking the kool aid. Keep on drinking

But what IS normal sized? 5'5''? 6'2''? Is there a range of sizes that you consider normal or do you need to be one specific height to be normal?

They both have special competitions where they compete against athletes with similar shortcomings but unlike MMA, nobody is calling a Paralympian who wins 5 medals, GOAT of his sport.

strue1.jpg

Meanwhile you made the post equivalent of losing the paralympics.

But what IS normal sized? 5'5''? 6'2''? Is there a range of sizes that you consider normal or do you need to be one specific height to be normal?
I know it when I see it. This isn't rocket science. You don't need to be thinking about means, variances, and guassian distributions.

I mean hey if it's so easy you can always go challenge him. You know put your money where your mouth is, but you'll pussy out in the end.

"That's fine. We can sign a waiver and make it totally legit. We can make it no rules or rules and figure it out." - MM.

Go fight him, prove your post.

Not enough money for the effort. Honestly I think a lot of sherdoggers if they trained for a year could beat MM. I think no one on Sherdog could beat someone like Overeem after a year of training.

I have actually been to a lot of regional level shows and I would put my money on any of the 0-0 middleweights over MM.

MM in the cage weighs 26 lbs less than the average US woman. Even if he gets full mount the average US male will have no problem tossing him off.

Last edited:
Oh cool, we're making fun of people with handicaps, and disabilities now. This place is wonderful.

I really don't even like watching guys my own size. If it were up to me, they'd rid of everything below 155, or at least 145. I would probably fight at 135, or even 125, myself. I don't like either weight class but 125 -- and the ratings prove that most people agree with me -- is just almost impossible to watch. 135 is like eating broccoli it sucks but I can take it. 125 is like filling my mouth with soap.

It really feels like I'm watching midget basketball on youtube, which was posted in this thread and sucks.

The difference is that size doesn't make that much of a difference in MMA. In volleyball or basketball, sure, the tall people are going to have an advantage. In gymnastics or horse racing, smaller people will excel. But in MMA, it's fighting ability that matters, and that's not influenced by height or weight at all.

As some people have already said, just consider how you would feel taking on someone like this. Against someone good at midget basketball, I like my chances. Against MM, I'd probably get pretty beaten up. No matter how big or small someone is, if they can defeat the average trained person in a given sport or discipline, the rest is irrelevant.

Lack of skill is a disability in fighting, which is why they handicap amateur fights based on years of training experience..

So you admit to being disabled? In fact, by your criteria, 99% of the population are disabled right now! You guys should totally support you disabled brethren and watch all their fights!

This thread is offensive because Paralympics are made for athletes with disabilities, not for small people, there a lot of Olympians the size of Mighty Mouse or even smaller.

You know an Olympian the size of Demetrious? Henry Cejudo.

LOL
Cejudo also got his medal by competing in a special handicapped division for small people.
He wouldn't have finished in the top 300,000 globally if he were competing against opponents of any size.

What a great fucking analogy. Picking a sport where height is the single most important attribute.
You should have stayed in school.

The importance of size in MMA is very comparable to the importance of size in basketball. In fact, because it's a team sport with multiple positions/roles, one player's size relative to everyone else's is somewhat less important in basketball.
The only difference is basketball doesn't create size divisions and try to sell the little divisions as just as good as the big ones.

Back