Being the 125lb Champion is like winning at the paralympics...

The importance of size in MMA is very comparable to the importance of size in basketball.
No, it isn't. Height is the single most important attribute in Basketball. To the point that 99% of professional athletes are abnormally tall human beings. On the other hand, in MMA, height is not that important and is certainly superseded by reach, technique, speed, fight IQ and overall size.

Worst analogy I've seen in a long time.

I guarantee you there are people on sherdog able to beat the ever living fuck out of MM.
They might not be as skilled or good as him,but make no mistake, some people here will stomp him easy.

And that is why, Imo, he can not be the greatest.

So you admit to being disabled? In fact, by your criteria, 99% of the population are disabled right now! You guys should totally support you disabled brethren and watch all their fights!
At 5'8 140, I am disabled relative to someone that's 6'2 220. On no planet except horse racing is being 5'8 140 a good thing that doesn't make me genetically inferior at 99% of things in life. It sucks and it makes me naturally worse at almost everything. Those 6" and 80 lbs are a form of disability.

Not enough money for the effort. Honestly I think a lot of sherdoggers if they trained for a year could beat MM. I think no one on Sherdog could beat someone like Overeem after a year of training.

I have actually been to a lot of regional level shows and I would put my money on any of the 0-0 middleweights over MM.

MM in the cage weighs 26 lbs less than the average US woman. Even if he gets full mount the average US male will have no problem tossing him off.
They would get their asses beat. 100 %.

Are you one of those guys at local shows asking why the guy on bottom: "doesn't just get up" and yells "pussy!" half the time?

No, it isn't. Height is the single most important attribute in Basketball. To the point that 99% of professional athletes are abnormally tall human beings. On the other hand, in MMA, height is not that important and is certainly superseded by reach, technique, speed, fight IQ and overall size.

You're still not getting it.
All MMA athletes would be abnormally large if there weren't artificial weight divisions that made it possible for the little fighters to survive.
In basketball, "size" is more about height, while in MMA it's more about a combination of height and weight, but it's a perfectly apt analogy.

All MMA athletes would be abnormally large if there weren't artificial weight divisions that made it possible for the little fighters to survive.
Screen-Shot-2013-05-31-at-1.38.08-PM.png

I swear some of you are genuinely retarded.

At 5'8 140, I am disabled relative to someone that's 6'2 220. On no planet except horse racing is being 5'8 140 a good thing that doesn't make me genetically inferior at 99% of things in life. It sucks and it makes me naturally worse at almost everything. Those 6" and 80 lbs are a form of disability.

I think the word you are looking for is "disadvantaged". You are at a disadvantage in straight up 1 vs 1 unarmed fighting and in basketball/am. football. However there are many sports sports in which you would not necessarily be at a disadvantage at all (off the top of my head: cycling, long-distance running, rock climbing, badminton, sailing etc.). Even in terms of survival in the stone age, you are not so badly off as a small body requires less food and any kind of missile weapon nullifies size advantage as David taught Goliath. Consider that a gorilla is stronger than any human, but intelligence and skill makes us infinitely superior to any animal. Summa sumarum: there is nowt wrong with watching Mighty Mouse fight!

If Mighty Mouse looked and acted like Cody, this place would be swinging from his nuts.

I think the word you are looking for is "disadvantaged". You are at a disadvantage in straight up 1 vs 1 unarmed fighting and in basketball/am. football. However there are many sports sports in which you would not necessarily be at a disadvantage at all (off the top of my head: cycling, long-distance running, rock climbing, badminton, sailing etc.).
Heights important in all those, dunno about sailing. But man being short in rock climbing blows
edit: just did some reading and being short sucks even for sailing. your less weight means that small bumps and waves effect you more, and your less height (less leverage) makes it more difficult to immediately steer the boat left or right.

What's the difference between a disadvantage relative to the mean and a disadvantage relative to someone better? The former is considered a disability and the latter not.. but the only difference is where you arbitrarily decided to place the initial reference.

I doubt that a man as tiny as MM would even consider entering or be allowed in an open weight competition, so that shows how ridiculous is to call him GOAT or whatever.

Get your big ass to a near boxing or bjj gym and you will find 140 guys that could kick your ass without breaking a sweat.

But you never trained so you are just talking from your couch.
That's the worst part about this thread... a bunch of bums that would get fucked up in a real fight talking all this shit lol.

Lol the triggering MM is doing is quite funny, it's not even his fault he's going to break all the records. The smaller divisions are the ones I most enjoyed last year in boxing. Then you got guys like Mayweather that make 300m in a fight weighting 146. why so salty and Insecure?

Heights important in all those, dunno about sailing. But man being short in rock climbing blows
edit: just did some reading and being short sucks even for sailing. your less weight means that small bumps and waves effect you more, and your less height (less leverage) makes it more difficult to immediately steer the boat left or right.

What's the difference between a disadvantage relative to the mean and a disadvantage relative to someone better? The former is considered a disability and the latter not.. but the only difference is where you arbitrarily decided to place the initial reference.

Height isn't important in all of those! Lionel Messi is maybe the greatest soccer player of all time and he's 5'7. Obviously, he won't win many headers in the air or the 100 yard dash, but that's for grunts! He leaves big, strapping defenders in the dust because of his speed and skill when twisting and turning on the field. In bicycling, you won't win time travels if you are a small guy, but you can speed away from the big guys on inclines in road cycling. In formular one, the lighter the driver is, the better (the best drivers are between 60-68 kilos) - and there are plenty of examples like that.

At his prime Anderson showed that he could beat some of the best lhw.

And at the moment the best fighters who could beat everyone in the ufc (including hw) are probably at lhw: Cormier, Jones.

So Not completely true
At his prime Anderson showed that he could beat some of the best lhw.

And at the moment the best fighters who could beat everyone in the ufc (including hw) are probably at lhw: Cormier, Jones.

So Not completely true

Never fought a true hw (excluding dc who killed him)

"Would dominate"

.. ill have what ur having kiddo

What's more of a disability in a real fight? Being 6'4 and 300 lbs, but having 1 arm -- or being 5'3 140 lbs? Being 5'3 is a disability.

That's why they have to make handicap divisions for people that are too physically inferior to compete with the best. And Mighty Mouse fights at the bottom, most handicapped division there is.

125 lb guys, 5'3 they just don't give the same thrilling sensation you get with at least normal sized guys. Say what you want but Conor McGregor and Aldo look like normal human beings. Mighty Mouse is so small that he starts to have Oompa Loompa type body proportions. It just feels weird to watch.

The best way I can put it is, throw clown makeup on Conor McGregor and you just have a clown. Throw clown makeup on Mighty Mouse and you'll have people calling for human rights organizations because they assume you're making fun of small people.
Its not a disability it is you being racist and ethnocentric, flyweight has been around for ages and the boxing community knows that because there are lower privlidge coubtries who werent given white man genes

So if u want to shut out these countries go ahead u piece of shit

Its such a strawman to say shit like "ohh why dont we got midget divs lololol"

Flyweights are not short by international standards, smolka is 5'9 and elliot is 5'7, dj just happens to be dominant in it

Never fought a true hw (excluding dc who killed him)

"Would dominate"

.. ill have what ur having kiddo
Reading problem ? I said that Anderson could beat some of the best lhw (never talked about hws).

And that at the moment the "baddest" men on the planet are at lhw: Cormier, jones

They would get their asses beat. 100 %.

Are you one of those guys at local shows asking why the guy on bottom: "doesn't just get up" and yells "pussy!" half the time?

This is an actual sherdogger, you really think MM beats his ass after he trains for a year?
lj4ld.jpg

You must be one of those guys that thinks Ronda would beat regional show level male fighters, heavyweights even.

Hell no, MM gets beat by normal sized men with a year of training under their belts. Just like the best 5th grade 140 lb wrestler in the world, who has been training his whole life, will get dominated by an adult 180lb man who has been training wrestling for a year.

Last edited:
What a great fucking analogy. Picking a sport where height is the single most important attribute.
You should have stayed in school.

It's a perfect analogy and that's the point, you are just not intelligent enough to grasp it, little guy. If MMA were open weight, then weight would be the single most important factor, hence why the sport is broken up in to weight classes. You are calling the king of the lightest weight class the best fighter. That would be like calling the king of the shortest division in basketball the 5'3" and under the best basketballer. Sorry if I hurt your little feelings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back