Been made Best Man for someone I barely know

I am considerate of others. That's why I help out my friends and don't bitch about it on the internet like a crybaby. But you can be self-centered if you want to, I guess. You got yours, and fuck everybody else, right?

Nope, you're THAT guy. The fact that you continue to ignore what the OP actually wrote and dismiss it is all the info I need.

Nope, you're THAT guy. The fact that you continue to ignore what the OP actually wrote and dismiss it is all the info I need.
That guy meaning a dude who actually has close friends and would do for them if they asked of me? Yeah, I'm totally that guy. You must the other guy.

TS doesn't feel super close to the groom, so that's on him for accepting. He could have declined graciously, but instead, he accepted and is now whining about it. In reality, it's a big honor to be asked, as I am sure the groom thinks that this will be the one wedding he ever has. He should be taking it as such instead of being selfish and worrying about losing about two weekends.

Don't know how Hungarian weddings go, but in America the best man is pretty meaningless. The best man is the first guy in line behind the groom and really nothing else. Hopefully you won't have any real responsibility TS.

I would just do it but I understand the frustration.

Does the bride to be have hot friends? I'm sure she does, Hungarian chicks are hot. But if she's Welsh, you're screwed. Welsh and British chicks are meh. But I'm sure they'll have some nice kids, Welsh and Hungarian, the kid will be Wel-Hunged.!

This is why i don't have single friends.

And why i stop being friends with guys who get divorced.

I also leave my wife before each valentines day and then apologize on feb 15.

Life is good.

KEYSER SOZE!

Does any of this end with mention of a large sum of money held in escrow that requires your casual assistance?

Just do it mate. The guy is a loner and/or in a foreign city. You spend a lot of time with co workers. You did the right thing by accepting. Now just have fun!

Do it! Hungarian chicks are wild.

No one cares or remembers what you say so just make it short and normal sounding. Just don't say anything weird-- make it super generic, that's what I always did and it kept me from getting tongue tied or messing up.

Doesn't sound like a whole lot of upside tbh

What's the hirsute situation?
I guess, not as bad as at an Israeli wedding...
Some Israeli dishes are delish tho, ummm, hummus.

Just keep it short, complement the bride on being breathtaking, bridesmaids for looking lovely etc. 'and I hope everyone will join me and raise their glasses in a toast to the new Mrs and Mr X, may they blah blah blah'

Job done.

Have fun out there, let us know how it went

You know the Sherdog standards

If you can't come up with anything recite the "English, mother fucker!" speech from PULP FICTION. Pointing at family, upturning random tables.

Haha lol its imposible to refuse in a situation like this ts

Yeah he put you in a tough spot. The guy who hung out with him 2 times dodged a bullet.

It could be good karma; maybe in the form of a hot drunk Hungarian chick.

However bad you feel about this, I imagine this guy feels worse.

He must be a decent dude or you wouldn't have been "work friends" with him for the past 3 years.

He's away from his native country where all his close friends and family are.

He considers you a friend because you talk every day for the past 3 years and have hung out after work a few times. Consider yourself lucky that you have so many friends that you don't even consider this significant. But to him, it is significant.

I'm sure it was awkward for him to ask. He knows you don't consider him a close friend, but he has to get someone or else he'll look like a loser in front of his bride's friends and family.

I'm sure you're going to get some good food and free booze out of the deal, plus the chance to bang bridesmaids.

That being said.... if it were me I would've told him to fuck off.

Sage advice.

Great twist at the end.

According to videos I've seen online Hungarians are DTFAF and love to do it to royalty free music.

2 options.

1. buy a mannequin. put clothes on it. lay it in your bed with your toothbrush next to it. burn the house down. move to Alaska.

2. tell him you dont want to do it.

Back