Been made Best Man for someone I barely know

amplus

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I worked with this Hungarian guy for just under 3 years. I used to chat with him quite alot at work and always got on well with him. Outside of work I have probably been out with him no more then 4 times. He asked me to his house the other day and asked me to be his best man for his wedding. At first I thought he was joking since I don't know him that well other then when at work but he was deadly serious. As I was on the spot and I didn't want to upset him of course I said yes.

Now I'm feeling a little pissed off Ive been put in this situation for a guy I barely know, although I do have a hint of sympathy for him as I know he doesn't know many people here in the UK. At the same time he could have asked his dad or someone from Hungary, plus I'm shitting the fact a) I have to give a speech and b) I have no stories about him to tell in the speech as I hardly know him. To be honest I'm fucked off about the whole thing but got to do it to avoid upsetting him on his big day.

But if you're not his best man, that means YOU HAVE TO MARRY HIM.

OMGWHAT DO?

I wouldn't worry too much about trying to tell funny stories or being all cool in the speech. Most of the time the best men aren't funny or they tell something inappropriate that's better told at the bachelor party. Just say he's a great guy and they are going to make a great couple for life.

I can see why you are upset or why it's weird though.

Make up a story about all the good times you've had together.

Just say some really strange shit about him, stories of him shitting himself, etc.

I worked with this Hungarian guy for just under 3 years. I used to chat with him quite alot at work and always got on well with him. Outside of work I have probably been out with him no more then 4 times. He asked me to his house the other day and asked me to be his best man for his wedding. At first I thought he was joking since I don't know him that well other then when at work but he was deadly serious. As I was on the spot and I didn't want to upset him of course I said yes.

Now I'm feeling a little pissed off Ive been put in this situation for a guy I barely know, although I do have a hint of sympathy for him as I know he doesn't know many people here in the UK. At the same time he could have asked his dad or someone from Hungary, plus I'm shitting the fact a) I have to give a speech and b) I have no stories about him to tell in the speech as I hardly know him. To be honest I'm fucked off about the whole thing but got to do it to avoid upsetting him on his big day.

Don't sweat it pal. Just make sure he has a hot bridesmaid for you to take home that night.

do the guy a solid man. if he isn't a dick that is. but if he's a kindhearted individual, spread some good in this world brother.

Honesty is key. Repeat what you just wrote on here for the speech.

No balls to do it? Then shut your pie hole and just deal with it.

Were you like this when he asked?

source.gif

LMAO. Good luck

"One day at work, HE STOLE A PEN"....... one person in the back claps.

Stop being lame. Imagine how he feels knowing he knows barely anybody and you're his closest friend?

Just go in with a YOLO attitude and have fun and try to make memories for them.

This why they tell you not to hang out with people you work with?

You should bang his wife to get back at him for asking

who cares, give an awesome best man speech, get drunk and have se* with one of the hot single ladies there.

Will there be food at this Hungary wedding? Doesn't sound like a whole lot of upside tbh

What's the hirsute situation?

TS humble bragging about being popular. I've never been made best man not even when my sister got married.

do the guy a solid man. if he isn't a dick that is. but if he's a kindhearted individual, spread some good in this world brother.

haha I was just looking through old photo albums (remember those?) a few weeks ago & in all the photos I was in during my sister's wedding I looked super salty. I remember not wanting to be there because I was missing out on girlfriend time & skating.

Back