Be honest.. Who wins Stipe or Cro Cop 2005

Prime Cro Cop got knocked out by Randleman. I'm going with Stipe.

Stipe could win, but Cro Cop would be a heavy favorite. Stipe has beat a bunch of 40 year olds and dudes with busted chins. I've never seen him take on a well rounded guy who was 35 or younger and not washed up. He is a big fish in a small pond right now. He is the best by default, not really because he shows anything that special. He is your basic wrestle-boxer.
This is like the truest statement. Stipe has beat a lot of guys that I would now consider "washed up" or past their "hay days"

guys like post USADA JDS (washed up, no longer on TRT) Arlovski (no chin, pretty much washed up) Overeem (no chin, no TRT) Ngannou (KO artist, but that's it, no ground game at all) and Werdum (still dangerous, but he's old af and has no chin)

The only real threat to Stipe is Sea Level Cain atm. He beats Cain, I'll consider him the best of this decade. Cain was the only HW of this decade I've considered the best since the decade of the HW GOAT, Fedor. Stipe has beaten good names, but we just can't rule out that the guys he beat except Ngannou were either old or washed up.

Hard to say. Stipe is better than the majority or all of the guys Crocop smashed in Pride that made him seem so godlike.

Wouldn't be surprised if either won. Anyone that thinks Stipe has no chance is too much of a fanboy and can't park their bias aside.

Prime Cro Cop was a far faster more agile fighter than people remember. That dude danced about like someone half his size. So I'd have to give the edge to Cro Cop. Stipe could have probably got him to the ground and won it, but I think I'd have favoured Prime Cro Cop.

Prime Cro Cop. People forget how much wear and tear he has. Guy has 137 fights between MMA, kickboxing, and amateur boxing.

UFC rules favour Stipe: cage, elbows, USADA etc. Although I do agree that HW is shit now.

CroCop definitely. Stipe looks beatable in a lot of fights and CroCop had great TDD

It's better. Division 1 wrestling, with a much more brutal and effective top game . He's also a larger and likely much stronger man.

Plus he's a much better striker than a Fedor and an even better striker than Cro Cop, if you ask me.
I thought you were just a Stipe fan for awhile. Good to see because Stipe is honestly underrated. But hyperbole like this (downplaying the most legendary gnp in the sport's history, painting it as weak relative to the gnp we just saw against ngannou of all people) makes me think youre more of the ufc only type of poster. Maybe even shill territory (ie: 3sumrock) you go so over the top with it. Especially considering you never miss a chamce to bash anything before 2010/repeat Conor posts/etc. Posts like the above just dont pass the smell test, same as with someone posting about gsp having shitty takedowns. Reeks of agendaism/PR attempts it is so anti-reality.

Last edited:
I thought you were just a Stipe fan for awhile. Good to see because Stipe is honestly underrated. But hyperbole like this (downplaying the most legendary gnp in the sport's history, painting it as weak relative to the gnp we just saw against ngannou of all people) makes me think youre more of the ufc only type of poster. Maybe even shill territory (ie: 3sumrock) you go so over the top with it. Especially considering you never miss a chamce to bash anything before 2010/repeat Conor posts/etc. Posts like the above just dont pass the smell test, same as with someone posting about gsp having shitty takedowns. Reeks of agendaism/PR attempts it is so anti-reality.
I don't bash anything. I haven't bashed anything. Stipe is more brutal than fedor from top. He smashes and passes and destroys guys. Fedor couldn't get out of Cro Cop's guard.

Stipe. You guys overrated the shit out of Crocop on here. Remember he wasn't even the top guy in his day, he was number three at best.

I think even prime Nog would beat Stipe.

Fedor and Crocop would have the advantage

I'm way too biased to evaluate this fight clearly.

Stipe in the cage, Cro Cop in the ring.

Stipe would knock him out standing.
I do wonder how Stipe would do in a ring. CC was great at cutting off the ring, and Stipe seems to have most of his success by NOT getting stopped on the fence (see how Struve caught him).

That being said, Stipe is a big guy, and clearly skilled.

I don’t see why anyone would pick Stipe in this fight? Crocop used to have the best takedown defence % in all of mma, and was obviously the superior striker.

Back