Be honest.. Who wins Stipe or Cro Cop 2005

Stipe would easily take Cro cop down... Fedor did and he's a smaller guy with worse takedowns than stipe. And Stipe would finish from top. Watch his ground and pound from guard/half guard/side control. Different kind of animal

Fedor takedown game is much better then stipes not even close.

Stipe,overeem,jds would all kills prime fedor and Cro Cop on feet
Prime JDS already fought Mirko

We dont have to argue. The evidence is available.

Mriko had 50 plus mma and kickboxing fights at the time. He was clearly far past his best

He gave JDS the toughest fight of his title reign and JDS has never been as happy to win a fight.

You dumb

Ring + PRIDE rules- Cro Cop

Cage + UFC rules- Stipe

At least that is what the prevailing opinion is, but honestly, have you actually watch a fight of Stipe's where he used the cage to his advantage? There are very few HW fighters that use the cage for a tactical advantage. Most current HWs think they are boxers. Perhaps the best "cage" fighters were Couture and Cain, where their strategy is to press you against the cage, beat you up inside (where it's safe), and then take you down (where it's safe) and beat you up on the ground... I could be wrong, but I have never seen Stipe use this strategy and therefore the whole ring vs cage comparison is not applicable.

Fedor takedown game is much better then stipes not even close.
In the clinch maybe, but Stipe has true wrestling talent and skill. Huge blast doubles and a mean, relentless single leg. Fedor doesn't have either one of those. Stipe is easily the better wrestler, while Fedor has better submissions.

stipe-struve.gif

53166_o_medium.gif

tumblr_ne1iwr4Bcf1seiofxo1_400.gif

At least that is what the prevailing opinion is, but honestly, have you actually watch a fight of Stipe's where he used the cage to his advantage? There are very few HW fighters that use the cage for a tactical advantage. Most current HWs think they are boxers. Perhaps the best "cage" fighters were Couture and Cain, where their strategy is to press you against the cage, beat you up inside (where it's safe), and then take you down (where it's safe) and beat you up on the ground... I could be wrong, but I have never seen Stipe use this strategy and therefore the whole ring vs cage comparison is not applicable.
Yeah Stipe is gonna pull a showtime kick on CC

Or he cant land a takedown and gets his face kicked in. .... But yeah, mma has evolved so much!

Shogun Rua is top 5

Maia is too

Shogun is like 20 times worse and still top 10. Its not evolving
Its the opppsite

40y old Mirko Ko'd Stipe in Zagreb.....nuff said....Stipe is a great guy and great fighter....but there will be more Stipe's to come....there will never be another Cro Cop...
KO'd Stipe? Was this during a sparring session?

I do agree with your statement that there will never be another Cro Cop. Most new fans simply do not know what they're talking about. CC was a K1 championship-level striker. I literally shake my head when I read a comment that Stipe is a better striker... do they not know what "striker" means?!

In the clinch maybe, but Stipe has true wrestling talent and skill. Huge blast doubles and a mean, relentless single leg. Fedor doesn't have either one of those. Stipe is easily the better wrestler, while Fedor has better submissions.
Ive never seen a takedown from Stipe that compares to Fedors worst.

Stipe would easily take Cro cop down... Fedor did and he's a smaller guy with worse takedowns than stipe.

First of,his takedowns are absolutely not better then Fedor's.
Second,size doesn't matter in this,Fedor and Stipe are totally different in their grappling approach and not comparable at all.
What Fedor does is trickier and worse for Cro Cop then what Stipe does in wrestling as it was shown so many times.
So no,he would not wrestle fuck Mirko.

I'd pick prime CC over Stipe, due to stylistic advantage, but conversely I could totally see Ngannou beating him due to power (cro cop was always hittable), and prime Cain beating him. The current version of werdum would be a good fight as well, considering werdum doesn't have one of his signature brain farts

Stipe would manhandle him, and I'm not even a fan.

I said that not because of the cage being an advantage to Stipe, but because of the cage throwing off Cro Cop. Mirko never looked as comfortable in the cage as he did in the ring, and he's talked about elbows throwing him off. Also, he can't corner people in a cage to use his LHK. Because of that, he'll have a much harder time implementing his usual game.

The best Cro Cop i saw was when he beat Barnett and Silva for the Open Weight Tourny in 2006. He would have beaten anyone in the world that night i believe. Stipe has a fantastic chin and i love his gritty style, Ngannou match showed he can take a vicious punch. This match probably would be close. I favor Mirko Filipovic here if it were in their "prime" years. But as far as the matchup....i would imagine Pedro Rizzo vs Mirko Filipovic would be much more exciting.

Back