Be a man take a stand Daniel Cormier vs Jon Jones part II

Who wins?

• Total voters
dc is old and has low T and cant even make weight

IF he makes it to the octagon he probably gets submitted, jon has been working on his jitz exclusively for like 10 months now and dc will probably gas

No tune up fight for Bones? I will go with DC via UD.

Crazy long lay-off for Bones, USADA breathing down his neck again, and new eye-poke rules. Plus, DC has remained active, and improved his cardio from the first fight.

What makes you think DC has improved his cardio from the last fight? IMO I haven't really seen anything that would lead me to believe it's better. He's had his way with everyone else other than Jones so there hasn't been anyone really pushing him to gas. Jones was the first to be able to stay in the clinch with DC the whole time fight off the TD's and even get him down. He pushed DC in a way that no one has even been able to come close to replicating.

I'm more worried about what Jones will look like after USADA. Although now that DC couldn't make weight his last fight he's got me wondering what's going on with him as well.

What makes you think DC has improved his cardio from the last fight? IMO I haven't really seen anything that would lead me to believe it's better. He's had his way with everyone else other than Jones so there hasn't been anyone really pushing him to gas. Jones was the first to be able to stay in the clinch with DC the whole time fight off the TD's and even get him down. He pushed DC in a way that no one has even been able to come close to replicating.

I'm more worried about what Jones will look like after USADA. Although now that DC couldn't make weight his last fight he's got me wondering what's going on with him as well.
His fight against Gus is the supporting evidence for DC's cardio here
After being KO'd literally, he won the fight on everyone's score card except one judge and one media member (the majority of fans and media thought he 49-46 or 48-47d him, so the same margin that Jones beat him).

This is the same Gus that took Jones 25 and many people thought he won, and Cormier actually ramped up offensive output and broke Gus down the stretch. He was certainly tired, but that was arguably just as high pace of a fight as the Jones match and Cormier did look improved and won down the stretch with pressure. Plus getting rocked is probably one of the worst things that can happen to your cardio.

Factors again, Jones gassed DC more actively than anyone else can do in that division through active clinch work and body kicks which no one else but Jones in a rematch could replicate - so that's to consider as well.

Are we assuming Cormier makes weight for this fight?

How exactly is DC going to win? In what aspect of the fight is he superior to jbj? If jones comes back with no bullshit outside of the cage and committed give me jbj again.

These "Be a man take a stand" threads are annoying, the mods need to ban all the people creating them. :)

These "Be a man take a stand" threads are annoying, the mods need to ban all the people creating them. :)
It's my attempt at e-suicide, you're the only one to notice so far

god bless you my friend
platinumbless

I'm have like 51% DC, so DC it is!

Jones wins, but only if he goes on a bender to let off the edge first. He should be permitted to having a cocaine, whiskey, hookers night a month before the fight. You need a clear head for fight night.

Jones breaks him mentally before the fight, then takes a convincing UD.

DC getting older and Jones still in his prime, just maybe a little rusty.

I still like Jones tho. Big mental edge for already having beat him.

This fight cant happen fast enough!!! Going with Bones. Hopefully he is straight and training hard.

Assuming Jones is clean and it's his first fight since coming back, then I'd pick DC with confidence.

Not sure how people watch DC's Gus, Rumble, and Silva fight and think "yeah he's got this. Silva should have been finished in a round, coming in on 2 days notice. He lost to Gus, and Rumble went full retard after having great success striking.

Jones is too smart, and too good to let this fat old fuck win.

His fight against Gus is the supporting evidence for DC's cardio here
After being KO'd literally, he won the fight on everyone's score card except one judge and one media member (the majority of fans and media thought he 49-46 or 48-47d him, so the same margin that Jones beat him).

This is the same Gus that took Jones 25 and many people thought he won, and Cormier actually ramped up offensive output and broke Gus down the stretch. He was certainly tired, but that was arguably just as high pace of a fight as the Jones match and Cormier did look improved and won down the stretch with pressure. Plus getting rocked is probably one of the worst things that can happen to your cardio.

Factors again, Jones gassed DC more actively than anyone else can do in that division through active clinch work and body kicks which no one else but Jones in a rematch could replicate - so that's to consider as well.

Yea the Gus fight though was pretty much DC having his way with Gus. Gus was constantly running and avoiding the clinch with DC. On top of that Gus tends to gas in rounds 4 & 5. He gassed pretty bad against Jones in the last round. I remember at one point Jones landed like 4 headkicks in a row cause Gus wouldn't put his hands up.

In the Jones fight was the first time someone with toe to toe with DC. You have to remember the first three rounds were really close and people scored them different ways. It was in the 4th and 5th were Jones took over because at that point DC was tired as hell.

One thing I've noticed though is a lot more people gassing out lately that used to be much better with their cardio. Makes me wonder if they were injecting their own blood back into their system or something like that. With the IV ban can't do that anymore. So will see what happens in the next fight so many things have changed since the first it's hard to know. Also looks like the cut might be more difficult for DC now so that could hurt him as well.

Back