Be a man take a stand Daniel Cormier vs Jon Jones part II

Who wins?

• Total voters
First fight was competitive, can't count out DC but Jones should be the rightful favorite. I pick Jones by decision 48-47.

I wanna see DC work his boxing and not try to out wrestle Jones.

Wanna see black fedor get on the inside and do this -
10001970.gif

Yea the Gus fight though was pretty much DC having his way with Gus. Gus was constantly running and avoiding the clinch with DC. On top of that Gus tends to gas in rounds 4 & 5. He gassed pretty bad against Jones in the last round. I remember at one point Jones landed like 4 headkicks in a row cause Gus wouldn't put his hands up.

In the Jones fight was the first time someone with toe to toe with DC. You have to remember the first three rounds were really close and people scored them different ways. It was in the 4th and 5th were Jones took over because at that point DC was tired as hell.

One thing I've noticed though is a lot more people gassing out lately that used to be much better with their cardio. Makes me wonder if they were injecting their own blood back into their system or something like that. With the IV ban can't do that anymore. So will see what happens in the next fight so many things have changed since the first it's hard to know. Also looks like the cut might be more difficult for DC now so that could hurt him as well.

Yeah I don't disagree with you here at all
I do think the cardio thing is going to be interesting, Jones look quite tired to me in both fights as well (Gus and DC) but he was for sure fresher than both and found that championship level gear to beat both (I think convincingly). Going to be really interesting, I do think the Jones layoff is the more significant factor here though.

No tune up fight for Bones? I will go with DC via UD.

Crazy long lay-off for Bones, USADA breathing down his neck again, and new eye-poke rules. Plus, DC has remained active, and improved his cardio from the first fight.

I agree with this.

Tough to write Jones off, but I think DC takes it.

I doubt the fight will ever happens, but assuming it does before DC needs a walker, I'd take DC if Jon didn't have the luxury of a warm-up fight.

Among the obvious factors of ring-rust and the question mark of where Jon's head and health are at, there is also the fact that his open-hand eye-poke defense has been made illegal in the recent rule-changes. Also, a minor thing but crab walk won't be effective because one-hand down (*allegedly*) doesn't protect a fighter from knees anymore.

1.) Only one of these two is an eligible fighter.
2.) Jones is busy accelerating that downward spiral.
3.) Jones looked horrible at UFC 210.

DC

horrible? he looked a bit rusty and hesitant, still got an easy win

There's something you don't hear everyday.
Dude makes poor life decisions. But his fight IQ is pretty fight high. Tom Brady on field IQ type shit.

They should hang out. GOAT QB, GOAT fighter. Just let TB12 drive.

DC
Landed 60% of takedowns, out struck opponent 2-1, had his way the entire fight.

"Looked horribel" <YeahOKJen>

Lol DC is a 40 year old man with a gut, and Jon Jones is the GOAT

Goddam I wish we could bet cash on here. Obviously no vig, and plenty of u mooks would take even money on DC.

I'll say the line will be Jones -220, but should be Jones -400. DC wins 1 out of 5 at best.

Although I hate grapplers and don't particularly like DC, the answer is ;

DC.

Looks like it's going down this summer

first thoughts?

Factors to consider
DC's poor weight cut, going on a honeymoon soonish and has been talking about his weight recently in interviews
not to mention his age

Jon Jones
second (?) USADA fight, didn't look good in his first one, I believe this will be only his first or second time with the new weigh ins, long layoff, hasn't been training striking etc
Not to mention dick pills

who you go
Not a fan but Jones will make him cry again. Surprised this is so split.

Looks like it's going down this summer

first thoughts?

Factors to consider
DC's poor weight cut, going on a honeymoon soonish and has been talking about his weight recently in interviews
not to mention his age

Jon Jones
second (?) USADA fight, didn't look good in his first one, I believe this will be only his first or second time with the new weigh ins, long layoff, hasn't been training striking etc
Not to mention dick pills

who you go
You make some good points btw but I just can't get past how poorly DC looked against him last time, and the evident emotional distress that followed.

easy pick for me i would go with Jones 10 times out of 10

DC looked awful against Rumble.

His time is near. Jones is going to win.

DC

1) The suspension is almost up.
2) He's been pretty quiet for almost a year.
3) tough to tell from a guy sitting in the audience but he looked a lot like the guy that kicked DC's ass

No tune up, post usada, and jj has a cold that night.

He still wins.

Pulling for dc, but its judt a bad matchup for him.

Back