Bay Area families making $117,000 a year are now qualified as Low Income

But still cool with taking $37,000 from them yeah?

If we assume that the two parents in the household each earn 60K, each would reasonably, effectively owe about $6500 in federal taxes. That's $13,000 on a household income of 120K.

So, as usual, I am not familiar with the alternate universe from which you're pulling your data.

That's still a small amount. I think it was 27 anyway, but we lived in a small house and didn't take fancy vacations.

The value of our currency has been almost completely fucked out of its original value since 1913, and it's depreciation has accelerated in the more recent years. Where a one working parent household with a family of four was comfortable a generation ago, two parents working full time can barely meet the same standard now.

If we assume that the two parents in the household each earn 60K, each would reasonably, effectively owe about $6500 in federal taxes. That's $13,000 on a household income of 120K.

So, as usual, I am not familiar with the alternate universe from which you're pulling your data.

State tax? Social security? Medicare?

Great arithmetic though. You still comfortable taking a tenth of their income on federal income tax alone while they're up for low income housing?

But still cool with taking $37,000 from them yeah?

oh you're back? why don't u mosey on over to the The logic of tax cuts on the rich thread and respond to the pareto principle question you were so gun ho about?

oh you're back? why don't u mosey on over to the The logic of tax cuts on the rich thread and respond to the pareto principle question you were so gun ho about?

You mean where you made the claim I misused the concept, but then shifted to some bullshit about me championing it? (Whatever the fuck that means).

Yea but it’s totally worth it there, everyone has equal rights and no one there is discriminated against like in the redneck woods of America. This is a beautiful version of America such bravery and tolerance. I got a job offer there for 150k I told them 200k or more is the only way I would go to that dump

The value of our currency has been almost completely fucked out of its original value since 1913, and it's depreciation has accelerated in the more recent years. Where a one working parent household with a family of four was comfortable a generation ago, two parents working full time can barely meet the same standard now.

This is wrong on so many levels it's hard to even know where to start. The conceptual problem has already been pointed out to you (inflation doesn't affect supply of or demand for labor or bargaining power of workers). But also, for much of that period child labor was very common, prime-age men worked many more hours, and retirement was unheard of for most of the population. Real incomes (which are woefully inadequate for measuring true life-quality gain in the period) were much lower at the start of that period and for most of it. We've seen a reduction in total hours worked per person. There's been an increase in prime-age women hours worked somewhat but not totally offsetting for large decreases in hours for children, elderly men, and young adults (more of whom now go to college), and a smaller decrease in hours for prime-age men.

You mean where you made the claim I misused the concept, but then shifted to some bullshit about me championing it? (Whatever the fuck that means).

lol is that an admission of defeat because you didn't bother to use the principle you've mentioned at least 3-4 times in previous posts without applying it to the topic (tax cuts for the rich)?... hahahaha...

stick to medical conversation and leave the economics and statistics to people who know how to apply it then ya fuckin' RN.

It is a center point of where ultra talented modern employee's go. Obviously that is going to increase cost of living for everyone else -- competition at its best. However, they are reaching a point (as are other cities) that they will be pushing out needed workers like nurses, front end web guys, QA, etc. I would say improving larger scale transportation to outlining and cheaper communities and increased telecommuting (im technically a bay area worker who lives in another country) would aide in making the area itself less congested while holding off the hand of the government coming in for the incapable.

There is also a worry to some about pushing out visible minorities but i dont think enough people would care about that.

Yea but it’s totally worth it there, everyone has equal rights and no one there is discriminated against like in the redneck woods of America. This is a beautiful version of America such bravery and tolerance. I got a job offer there for 150k I told them 200k or more is the only way I would go to that dump
the Bay Area has redneck parts. Livermore, Castro Valley, Pleasanton.
you'd be surprised

lol is that an admission of defeat because you didn't bother to use the principle you've mentioned at least 3-4 times in previous posts without applying to the topic (tax cuts for the rich)?... hahahaha...

stick to medical conversation and leave the economics and statistics to people who know how to apply then ya fuckin' RN.

Admission? What the fuck are you going on about? You made the claim I misused the concept. So how did I misuse the concept? All I've read so far is a shift from that inquiry about "championing" it or some babbled shit.

I wish I could make 6 figures and be considered poor....

This is wrong on so many levels it's hard to even know where to start. The conceptual problem has already been pointed out to you (inflation doesn't affect supply of or demand for labor or bargaining power of workers). But also, for much of that period child labor was very common, prime-age men worked many more hours, and retirement was unheard of for most of the population. Real incomes (which are woefully inadequate for measuring true life-quality gain in the period) were much lower at the start of that period and for most of it. We've seen a reduction in total hours worked per person. There's been an increase in prime-age women hours worked somewhat but not totally offsetting for large decreases in hours for children, elderly men, and young adults (more of whom now go to college), and a smaller decrease in hours for prime-age men.

What? Holy shit No.
<36>

Admission? What the fuck are you going on about? You made the claim I misused the concept. So how did I misuse the concept? All I've read so far is a shift from that inquiry about "championing" it or some babbled shit.

LOL.

Apply pareto principle to taxation. go ahead. you use pareto distribution behind your reasoning. Apply it to taxation and who and how much should be taxed...

or continue fixating on "championing" and act stupid...

Basic, widely known, uncontroversial facts throw you off. Plus, a clear implication of your bizarre comments about inflation is that supply and demand and bargaining power are irrelevant to labor compensation.

LOL.

Apply pareto principle to taxation. go ahead. you use pareto distribution behind your reasoning. Apply it to taxation and who and how much should be taxed...

or continue fixating on "championing" and act stupid...

So nothing. You're the one that brought it up again like you had this great fucking zinger, so why don't you nut up? How was the concept misused? Originally, I was deferring to your claim of expertise as an honest inquiry. Now, I think you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.

Back