Bay Area families making $117,000 a year are now qualified as Low Income

That's not terribly surprising, when you see that it's $117k for a family of four (as stated in the article). Making 6 figures is pretty easy if you go into the right fields or make money on the side doing something else.

I am so jealous of people who telecommute to that area. It irks me that my company has dozens of people telecommuting from 75+ miles away making metro area salaries.

And they wonder why they have such a huge homeless problem.

It's ok though because they're thuper progrethive.

Damn, Bernie would like to tax them at like 5,000% because they're super rich, yet the bay area has them as low income. Sounds like progress to me.

Yes, they are killing themselves from San Fan to Seattle. Regressive societies with huge wealth inequality.

Doesn't surprise me at all. This place is strangling me and it's filling up with a bunch of soft palmed entitled post grad fuck twits who haven't spent a single day in the world.

This used to be a gritty zone. So fucking sad. I hate these people.

The climate drives it.

I don't see what is progressive or helpful in allowing people to live like this.

Raleigh is the low cost beautiful version of places like SF and Silicon Valley. $117k goes a long way out here :D
We just need to block Amazon coming. Apple has already planned to start an east coast headquarters here.

What I’m reading is I need a telepresence job doing my current role in San Francisco.... I just turned down a 150 a year job there with housing and expenses paid.

Damn, Bernie would like to tax them at like 5,000% because they're super rich, yet the bay area has them as low income. Sounds like progress to me.

No educated person in America places 117K for a family of four in the "super rich" category. You're either joking or a moron. (I know which way I'm leaning.)

Raleigh is the low cost beautiful version of places like SF and Silicon Valley.

Living in Raleigh wouldn't be worth the constant triggering and panic attacks walking by all the Confederate monuments would induce in me.

Lmao 10 years ago yall were bitching about black men dressing up as clowns and violently humping the air to positive hip hop, now yall bitchin bout tech upstarts, panini shoppes and candy boutiques.

Make up your fucking minds alreadys

Living in Raleigh wouldn't be worth the constant triggering and panic attacks walking by all the Confederate monuments would induce in me.

What confederate monuments? Been here over 20 years and I've never seen one.

No educated person in America places 117K for a family of four in the "super rich" category. You're either joking or a moron. (I know which way I'm leaning.)
My friend, that's kind of why federal taxation shouldn't guess at what qualifies as rich. The median income is roughly 56,000, which is fine in North Dakota, but pretty shitty in NYC. 117k is great in some places and not in others. I'm glad you've decided anybody who disagrees with you is just a moron though. Please, tell us more about your tolerance.

Back