Battlefield 5 reveal set for May 23. UPDATE: WW2 Confirmed!

Hard Line may have some competition.
I've never felt so stupid in all of my life than when I was 5 minutes deep into playing that game that I paid money for

When I think of resistance against the Nazis I could see females and other People getting in on the action. Because for some they knew what was on the line and would rather die fighting. Shit I read some figures that I couldn't believe they existed.

So many incels in this chat. OMG a girl! You guys are losers, its a fucking video game.

Was reading Microsoft is most likely getting BF as an exclusive. Ive never gave a shit about battlefield but I don't really see the point in this, especially when lots of people are switching over to games like FN, H1Z1 now that it's out and PUBG.

Who the fuck is going to want to go out and buy a console for your game, or just an 80 dollar game, when there's games that imho are better, that you can get for fucking free? Games like COD and Battlefield come off more as dying relics than games people are clamoring to play. You'd have to be insane to spend any money on games like COD and BF at this poinr.

1. Push an agenda
2. Demonize anyone who doesn't support the agenda
3. Lose fans and money
4. Blame the fans for your failure

SJW Economics 101

Also, what is this new thing with calling people "incel" for wanting a historically accurate game? Hate to burst your guys bubble, but uh, if we counted on women to win any wars it wouldn't have ended well.

Crazy to think this much SJW bullshit has gotten injected into gaming in less than 10 years. These people are fucking cancerous, I'm not a huge BF fan but I feel for the fans that were expecting something fun and accurate.

Also, what is this new thing with calling people "incel" for wanting a historically accurate game? Hate to burst your guys bubble, but uh, if we counted on women to win any wars it wouldn't have ended well.

Crazy to think this much SJW bullshit has gotten injected into gaming in less than 10 years. These people are fucking cancerous, I'm not a huge BF fan but I feel for the fans that were expecting something fun and accurate.

Progressive Logic = You have to be a virgin to not want a STRONG FEMALE DISABLED LEAD in your WWII game

SJWs are going to kill everything you love movies, tv, comics, games, sports, etc...their agenda has to pushed in every outlet they can get their hands on.

This game looks even more tragic than WWII. Will be interesting to see if people vote with their wallets or not.

i still dont get why people still want to play the same fucking game all over again, WW2, always the same, the same shit
In their defense, WW2 was kind of a big deal.

This does not appear to be the correct political defense to field for the game. Clearly when you have a woman with a robot-arm running around Nazi Germany you have abandoned all pretense of historic fidelity.

I'm approaching this the same way I did Inglorious Basterds. It's a fantastic, creative, revenge re-imagining on the part of those who are most maligned by types like Hitler. The fact that it takes such an outlandish and artificial approach is precisely what bulwarks it against criticism of concrete intent.

Also, one thing that all the Trumpets in here need to understand is that art is not going to favor you while you are in power, and that would be true even if we didn't have the entrenched artificial political tilt of the media industry. Art is a gas valve. It's a way for those who are disempowered to project and relieve the anger and stress that we all suffer from a sense of powerlessness. Art will always cater to the underdog for this reason; if for no other reason than profit ambition.

If you find it politically intolerable, don't buy. That is proving effective. EA took a smack across the nose for different reasons for both Andromeda & Battlefront 2.

I think it's both. They seem to be going with an Ingorious Basterds thing clearly, but the fact it's in Africa does lend credence to the fact that there are black people in the game which people are hardcore upset about.

You can still do alt history well and also have a solid basis in historical fact but maybe I'm just a big Turtledove fan. That guy wrote some badass alt history.

I'll only buy it around Xmas when it's not COMPLETELY broken online the way all BF games are the first 2 months of release.

I think it's both. They seem to be going with an Ingorious Basterds thing clearly, but the fact it's in Africa does lend credence to the fact that there are black people in the game which people are hardcore upset about.

You can still do alt history well and also have a solid basis in historical fact but maybe I'm just a big Turtledove fan. That guy wrote some badass alt history.
Certainly you can, but by the very nature of the genre, you are divorced from it, and not beholden to it.

I don't know who these people are, but there were American divisions of black soldiers in WWII, so nobody needs to go to North Africa for their presence to be valid (even if the occupation of soldier wasn't their norm). Ignore that. Ignorance is only an effective weapon against the person wielding it. Yet, if the foundation of the complaint is based in a historical inaccuracy concerning black people, then I would urge you to consider the possibility that it isn't a racial animus that is jading them.

Moving on to clarify that first sentence. "Alt-history" is like historical fiction with a sci-fi twist, except that in historical fiction, for example, the events within the smaller world of our characters and narrative are expected not to contradict the historical truths of the larger world. In other words, in My Antonia, if you had a bunch of Siberian Tigers or Viet Cong or Jedi Knights running around the plains of Nebraska, you will have violated the unwritten rules of the subgenre by expanding your fiction to history itself, and not just your characters. History is the nonfiction. Your characters and their stories are the fiction that reside within it, but they must also conform to it. They are compatible.

Alt-History doesn't conform to historical truth. You are literally rewriting some stretch of historical boundaries. Therefore, they are inherently incompatible, and can't be expected to abide the same unwritten rules that classic historical fiction must, or to be judged by these.

Here is an awesome breakdown of the trailer by Jack Frags. People are too focused on the characters and the historical inaccuracies while completely ignoring the fact that this game is going to be wildly different then BF1 (if you pay attention) with more destruction and customization AND essentially fortnite mode. This is literally what everyone has been clamoring for and now that it's here captainess hook has everyone rustled. lawlz.

What is wrong with people?

I am not a SJW, but I was pretty pissed off when I saw that the official trailer on the Battlefield youtube channel had over 4M+ views, 196,677 likes, and 171,708 dislikes????

You are telling me that nearly 47% of the people who watched that trailer disliked it because it had a female character, therefore it means that the multiplayer mode is historically inaccurate?

When was it historically accurate for soldiers to respawn in war?

All that hard work, just to get shit on for no real reason. This is for sure an act of industrial sabotage.

I can't even think of a word to describe what I am thinking and feeling right now. It is a mixture of being disappointed, angry, disgusted, and ashamed.

The one bright side to all this is that those of us (on PC) wanting an actual WW2 combined arms game still have these to look forward to:

https://www.hellletloose.com/

http://postscriptumgame.com/

Unlike Battlefield, these games are actually staying faithful to WW2 AND pushing the boundaries with larger player counts (50 vs 50), massive maps, overarching strategy, so on and so forth.

Last edited:
What is wrong with people?

I am not a SJW, but I was pretty pissed off when I saw that the official trailer on the Battlefield youtube channel had over 4M+ views, 196,677 likes, and 171,708 dislikes????

You are telling me that nearly 47% of the people who watched that trailer disliked it because it had a female character, therefore it means that the multiplayer mode is historically inaccurate?

When was it historically accurate for soldiers to respawn in war?

All that hard work, just to get shit on for no real reason. This is for sure an act of industrial sabotage.

I can't even think of a word to describe what I am thinking and feeling right now. It is a mixture of being disappointed, angry, disgusted, and ashamed.
It seems like a mix of things to me. I agree it's pretty shameful but if we are looking at the actual trailer, objectively speaking it didn't really deliver as much as the casual gamer would have wanted. Despite the whole SJW aspect it did suck as a trailer. Apparently the one in June is going to be a lot more descriptive. The fact is a lot of people fell off the franchise when BF1 flopped so they don't really have as much momentum going in as they did for BF1, which got a crazy amount of likes.

It seems like a mix of things to me. I agree it's pretty shameful but if we are looking at the actual trailer, objectively speaking it didn't really deliver as much as the casual gamer would have wanted. Despite the whole SJW aspect it did suck as a trailer. Apparently the one in June is going to be a lot more descriptive. The fact is a lot of people fell off the franchise when BF1 flopped so they don't really have as much momentum going in as they did for BF1, which got a crazy amount of likes.

When I watched the official trailer and then a breakdown video by jackfrags, I was blown away. Then I read the comments, and all of the negativity is focused around the female character, which apparently is to show gamers the range of customization in multiplayer mode.

It seems like if they had eliminated the female from the trailer, we would be psyching each other up.

What sucked about the trailer? Please be specific.

I really don't care about all the "historical accuracy" complaints. In BF1942 you could kill tanks with hand grenades for fuck's sake. I haven't met a BF game I haven't enjoyed and will probably put like 800 hours into this one too.

I really don't care about all the "historical accuracy" complaints. In BF1942 you could kill tanks with hand grenades for fuck's sake. I haven't met a BF game I haven't enjoyed and will probably put like 800 hours into this one too.

That's because baby wants his bottle.

How dare DICE think about female gamers who want some representation in multiplayer mode.

Back