Battlefield 5 reveal set for May 23. UPDATE: WW2 Confirmed!

Forgotten Hope 2 for Battlefield 2 is still the best Battlefield experience of all time.

So you like space games or you like battlefield? Cant have both.

Just LOL at some comments here,keep BF BATTLEFIELD! why go futuristic or into outterspace??

Shame shame!
what are you on about? Dice already made one futuristic title before, its called Battlefield 2142

To be fair though, Battlefield 2142 is arguably the best Battlefield of all time (and Titan mode is THE BEST Battlefield mode of all time!).

I played since bf1942 iirc /bad company but never heard of the game you mentioned.

Well i actually never played any type of space games since the fist halo came out on n64 so theres that haha

what are you on about? Dice already made one futuristic title before, its called Battlefield 2142

First i heard of it lol

Was that the first game they came out with?

First i heard of it lol

Was that the first game they came out with?
their first title is Battlefield 1942

maybe Dice wants to "go back to the roots" with a WWII title but personally im not a fan of that

Dice is truly clueless. EA once again ruins another studio

WW2 now we talking about some of the most historic battles, events and technological advancements of all time my sherbros.

Yes. But the destruction in Bad Company was what hooked me, and they basically turned it into set pieces being destroyed. It lacked the flavor of Bad Company 2 imho. If they made one with the tight gameplay of BF4 with the destruction of BC2, it would be my favorite mp fps ever.

Spot on!

If you notice in Bad Co. If you kept whaling on a building, it would wither and crumble under fire. In BF4, if you just stood there, it would crumble under time. That sucks and it killed the experience for me at least.

The time is nigh! We will be finding out what BF V is all about tonight brethren.

BF2 and 2142 are the 2 best in the series and are both up there among the best war FPS ever made. I hope BF5 is something like those were.

If they don't at least bring back Commander mode, so help me fucking god...

I was looking through some YouTube videos about the teaser that came out (which pretty much confirms 98% that it will be a WW2 theme) and someone brought up a good point.

The WW2 theme is not something that has been exhausted for people to be complaining about yet. The last time we got that was literally the dawn of BF and ever since we have had modern shooters. BF1 was fun but over all it lacked a bit. I think a WW2 theme might be able to hit the nail on the head and I don't know for sure but I'm guessing customizable weapons will be a thing once more.

giphy.gif

Great.

Fed up with futuristic crap we been fed for the last 5+ years. Thumbs up from me for this change.

Source:

It seems like Bad Company 2 level destruction will be apart of this game.

This has been unimpressive as hell thus far. The Fortifications system is the only thing that seems interesting, but I think it will fail miserably in practice.

No mention of the return of Commanders. Nothing about larger scale, or player count.

It seems like Battlefield has really just stagnated. At this point they're recycling the same thing with minor changes/variations.

So far: No more premium pass, no more pay-to-play, you get a team of customizable soldiers to fight with you (not sure if i understood that right), you can rebuild buildings and set up fortifications, Bad company level of destruction and TONS of weaponry.

Sounding pretty awesome so far.

Back