Battlefield 5 reveal set for May 23. UPDATE: WW2 Confirmed!

They don’t care about realistic gameplay. Maybe they just don’t like any fantasy games at all (unlikely), maybe they feel entitled to a historically aesthetically accurate game, maybe they just hate they idea of women and violent video games - who knows. But it most certainly has nothing to do with realism. Not in a game where you can be shot multiple times, on deaths door and suddenly completely cured because of a Med pack. In 1944. Magic technology they had back then I guess, too bad we didn’t hang on to it.

<{hughesimpress}>

so um how about those gameplay changes...anyone?

so um how about those gameplay changes...anyone?

BF:BC 2 was a great game. I’ve only seen a bit of footage but anything getting back to that is good.

@equus haji - I mean - nazi bombs!

BF:BC 2 was a great game. I’ve only seen a bit of footage but anything getting back to that is good.

I just want destructibility back to the levels of BF3's remake of BF2 maps and BFBC2.

If I want to follow the USMC rules of Artillery then damnit I should be able to. AKA, dude holed up in a house? Level the whole block.

I just want destructibility back to the levels of BF3's remake of BF2 maps and BFBC2.

If I want to follow the USMC rules of Artillery then damnit I should be able to. AKA, dude holed up in a house? Level the whole block.

Oorah

I enjoyed BF1 but the destructibility was pretty lackluster.

Oh, you're fighting in a bombed out town? You mean to tell me this goddamn mortar isn't taking out the single free standing brickwall that's left of the house? GTFO

Like, I didn't serve but fuck, it was way easier to deal with camping snipers in buildings in those games.

Me either. @equus did, and he showed me the glory of strapping C4 to a quad and sending it full speed at enemy fortifications.

Me either. @equus did, and he showed me the glory of strapping C4 to a quad and sending it full speed at enemy fortifications.
Me and my buddy that was 82nd do bad shit in BF3 and 4... think Jihad Jeeps yelling "Aloha" followed by a bar in which you purchase snacks.

Like, I didn't serve but fuck, it was way easier to deal with camping snipers in buildings in those games.

That was my go to in Bad Company 2. Just level the building lol.

It seems they're going to be going back to destructive buildings though. I'm really stoked about that.

building will be destroyed in different ways depending on how you damage them, you will be able to shoot snipers through walls and reviving will take more time

sofar i like what i hearing

building will be destroyed in different ways depending on how you damage them, you will be able to shoot snipers through walls and reviving will take more time

sofar i like what i hearing

I've been playing medic class since Delta Force 3 and having to drag people to revive them sounds badass.

Bruh you get me as a medic on Metro I'm hitting like fifty revives or more.

Also stoked that there is more specialization for classes.

omg wtf women ewwwww coooties

Can we have a WWII game base on the Pacific!

Battle of Manila
Peleliu
Iwo Jima
Okinawa
Port Moresby
Midway

Or something more recent.
Iraq Invasion
Afghanistan Soviet Era
Falklands
7 day War
Central America 80's Civil wars.

Just something different.

Can we have a WWII game base on the Pacific!

Battle of Manila
Peleliu
Iwo Jima
Okinawa
Port Moresby
Midway

medalofhonorpa_pcbox.jpg

We need a sequel!

I don't feel sorry for fellow BF fans crying about realism -- if anything BF1 was full of punishing realism for anyone who tried playing a single mode on hardcore with plenty of bells and whistles like no HUD, footsteps-listening, one/two shot death, and on the other end full of prototype weapons that made a few historical purists cranky

Having different player avatars with crazy modifications and little old-timey robot hands and war paint is just another way of tossing features at a war game, love it or hate it. Play BF1 for seventeen more years, play the 1943 360 backwards compatible, do whatever scratches your itch for historical accuracy, for this one they're just slapping shiny skins on a new release

With the exception of graphics, BF2 and BF2142 absolutely shit on every other BF game ever made including the upcoming BF5.

I’m not impressed with the battle royal mode

Back