Baffled by Benson Henderson post fight interview

The funny thing is when he said something along the lines of

'Kids are gonna beat up the kids who talk bad'

We were all like 'so?'

I like how he clearly, blatantly grabbed the fence and then tried to tell the ref to watch the footage and that he was adamant he didn't grab the fence.

lol

I get where this sentiment is coming from but i don't really agree with it. If your kid is being bullied at school he should go and punch that kid.

It's good to be respectful but if someone's giving you shit you shouldn't just take it lying down so people can say nice things about you.
I think Benson said something like that if your kid comes up to you and asks what to do if someone talked bad about him or said something that he didn't like, you don't say, "hey son go and punch him in the face".

Bendo spoke the truth and it was refreshing to see a pro MMA fighter finally not try and tip toe around or justify Khabob's dangerous, immature behavior.

Bendo's stock as a person has gone way up in my eyes. Only a weak minded man lacking in self-confidence and humility allows words to provoke him to violence. This is how I raise my sons and I'm glad to see a man like Henderson doing the same.
I think Oleynik said in regards to Khabib and his crew that he is ashamed of his compatriots and that's not how you act after the fight especially after the win, if I'm not mistaken Taktarov and Kharitonov said that it was wrong or bad behaviour, I think Shlemenko said that he was surprised by the behaviour of Khabib's corner.

Benson always goes full retard in his post fight interviews. He's just kind of an awkward guy. I wouldn't think too deeply on it

I think Oleynik said in regards to Khabib and his crew that he is ashamed of his compatriots and that's not how you act after the fight especially after the win, if I'm not mistaken Taktarov and Kharitonov said that it was wrong or bad behaviour, I think Shlemenko said that he was surprised by the behaviour of Khabib's corner.

I am glad to hear all that. I had not come across those quotes. Thanks for the info.

I agree and as he went on and on , I was laughing saying WTF

Prime Smooth lost to Pettis twice and was given a gift vs. Edgar in their second fight. He beats no version of Khabib and Conor could easily starch him out as well.

Bendo spoke the truth and it was refreshing to see a pro MMA fighter finally not try and tip toe around or justify Khabob's dangerous, immature behavior.

Bendo's stock as a person has gone way up in my eyes. Only a weak minded man lacking in self-confidence and humility allows words to provoke him to violence. This is how I raise my sons and I'm glad to see a man like Henderson doing the same.
Just curious, do you justify Conor’s actions?
All the slander and the other stuff he has done outside of the cage?

I’m not saying Khabib is innocent or anything, he definitely should not have done what he did. But I do think that this is definitely mainly the UFCs fault. If they want to run this organization, that they are trying to play off as a legitimate sport, as a circus, then this fits right in with their agenda.

Could you imagine if you were in Khabib’s shoes? How pissed would you be is the guy that is supposed to be promoting your fight is so completely biased to the guy you are fighting that he clearly told the referee to look the other way and let your opponent blatantly cheat.

I’m not saying Khabib should have lost his cool but there are at least some understandable causes.

It was not just words. It was a LOT of things.

Just curious, do you justify Conor’s actions?
All the slander and the other stuff he has done outside of the cage?

I’m not saying Khabib is innocent or anything, he definitely should not have done what he did. But I do think that this is definitely mainly the UFCs fault. If they want to run this organization, that they are trying to play off as a legitimate sport, as a circus, then this fits right in with their agenda.

Could you imagine if you were in Khabib’s shoes? How pissed would you be is the guy that is supposed to be promoting your fight is so completely biased to the guy you are fighting that he clearly told the referee to look the other way and let your opponent blatantly cheat.

I’m not saying Khabib should have lost his cool but there are at least some understandable causes.

It was not just words. It was a LOT of things.

Conor has shit on everyone he has fought. Khabib was the only one sensitive enough to start a brawl among fans over it. Khabib and his dad have been calling Conor a chicken and fake champ for 2 years. Calling him out after fights. Now he is upset cause Conor called his father a coward back? The bus shit was wrong, but this defending Khabib cause his "fee fee's" were hurt is ridiculous. Thats not even mentioning his savage training partners attacking people IN THE CAGE.

I didn't fully get it, was it an indirect call out to Khabib? He was asked a completely different question and started rambling about jumping out of the cage...
Benny “Cringe” Henderson has always been an oddball. But this was very odd and I believe the crowd started booing him.

i don't think there was anything to get, bendo's just delusional.

'i don't care it you're a reporter or a fighter or a reporter or a janitor or a reporter... something about 5 year olds...'
Or a reporter...or a......reporter.

I didn't fully get it, was it an indirect call out to Khabib? He was asked a completely different question and started rambling about jumping out of the cage...
it was pretty direct... i knew what he was referring to a few seconds into it.

If you're not as accomplished as GSP or Anderson Silva you suck and should probably just kill yourself.

<{outtahere}>
You said it, not me. Dont want to hear most defenses in LW history when it's not a big number is all.

Conor has shit on everyone he has fought. Khabib was the only one sensitive enough to start a brawl among fans over it. Khabib and his dad have been calling Conor a chicken and fake champ for 2 years. Calling him out after fights. Now he is upset cause Conor called his father a coward back? The bus shit was wrong, but this defending Khabib cause his "fee fee's" were hurt is ridiculous. Thats not even mentioning his savage training partners attacking people IN THE CAGE.
Lol, I literally said that he shouldn’t have done it and I also didn’t even blame Conor. I never said that it was because of the things Conor said. Those things alone wouldn’t have made him angry enough to do that.

It was the fact the that owners of the organization that he is the Champ of were doing everything that they could do to make it so that Khabib would lose. The clearly either paid off the ref or told him to look the other way when Conor cheated. The person promoting the fight basically came out and said I hope the Champ loses during the build up to the fight. The UFC has not done this to another fighter Conor has fought. Although they have always allowed him to act like an asshole without any sort of punishment. It’s easy to understand why he would be pissed off.

If the UFC wants to run their organization like a circus, then a circus it will be.

Also, Conor started the brawl in the cage.

It’s like you didn’t even read my post and got angry because I wasn’t shitting on Khabib.

I didn't fully get it, was it an indirect call out to Khabib?

Unless Benson is done with his Bellator contract that makes no sense

But I took it as he wanted to say that MMA on such a big stage (like UFC 229) should set an example

I am glad to hear all that. I had not come across those quotes. Thanks for the info.
And also I think i've seen it was mentioned on one of Russian mma forums, that Bec Rawlings said something negative about behaviour of Khabib or his crew or both him and his crew and fans of Khabib attacked her instagram with comments that they fucked her mom and promises to rape her.

His post-fight interviews are always a bit wacky. He's still on the adrenalin rush of the fight, and pretty much everytime starts sermonizing like some kind of TV preacher. The cringe is real.

Whenever this guy speaks.

giphy.gif

Back