Baffled by Benson Henderson post fight interview

He said something about how it doesn't matter what you do in life, you have to be a good example and role model. If someone talks bad about you, you can't just go jump a cage and fight them. Your kids will rewatch this fight later and then go fight a kid in school because of something that was said about them.

I get where this sentiment is coming from but i don't really agree with it. If your kid is being bullied at school he should go and punch that kid.

It's good to be respectful but if someone's giving you shit you shouldn't just take it lying down so people can say nice things about you.

He can take his high and mighty act and shove it. He wasnt doing to well before he left the ufc. Not sure how he stacks up vs the divisions best at this point.

You mean the place where he's tied for most LW title defenses ever?

<{MingNope}>

He was on a two fight win streak when he left and should have been three. His "stoppage" against RDA was also lightning quick to the point of being a little too quick but whatever. Stop acting like he was getting tko'd left and right.

Yes he did call out Khabib's behavior at UFC 229. He didn't call out Khabib by name and he didn't ask for a fight either, I guess it was just meant to set a statement since a lot of people in the sport and outside of it are quite upset about such events taking place without any real repercussions so far. Given the type of guy Benson Henderson is it's no surprise that he'd be one of the first who don't want to see MMA turn into a sport where such actions become acceptable. What's interesting is that he didn't drag his religion into this, instead he went where especially Khabib is very sensitive and talked about how he justify his crowd brawl in front of his kids.
I get where this sentiment is coming from but i don't really agree with it. If your kid is being bullied at school he should go and punch that kid.

It's good to be respectful but if someone's giving you shit you shouldn't just take it lying down so people can say nice things about you.
Now project the same kind of conflict solving to your working life. You'll get fired and sued. And rightfully so. Enjoy..

You mean the place where he's tied for most LW title defenses ever?

<{MingNope}>

He was on a two fight win streak when he left and should have been three. His "stoppage" against RDA was also lightning quick to the point of being a little too quick but whatever. Stop acting like he was getting tko'd left and right.
Real accomplishment, what's that number 3 or 4 defenses lol? Dont act like hes in gsp or anderson territory.

Also, who said I implied he got tko'd left and right? I dont mind disagreement on this board but dont make up shit I never said. He was 2-2 in his final four before leaving and was constantly involved in close decision fights that he shouldnt have gotten the win in a few. What's he in bellator? 1-2 or 2-2? Big loss for the UFC. I guess jesus doesnt help win fights or sell ppvs.

Good. Then maybe there'll be less bullying in school.
Randa approves of this message
%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%AF%D8%A7-%D9%85%D8%B1%D9%82%D8%B3.png

Benson would be a horrible match up for Khabib imo. Id like to see that fight.

Benson wanted to say something profound and meaningful so badly but in the end hes just a dude who gets punched in the face for a living.
Stay in your lane that was very confusing. He looked like someone ranting on a street corner.

If he went to another decision, leave him in Bellator. Feel asleep after the Schmeckle fight, haven't seen the last 2 yet. There's no way him vs Khabob is exciting, just gonna be bell to bell hugging with a bunch of idiots praising it as impressive.

Did he have a toothpick? At least he didn't do a marriage proposal in the cage, that would have been incredibly lame and tacky

He wasn't calling him out for a fight, just calling him out on being a big asshole, I think he was talking about both Khabib and McGregor.

Prime Smooth beats them both.

I didn't fully get it, was it an indirect call out to Khabib? He was asked a completely different question and started rambling about jumping out of the cage...
I agree and as he went on and on , I was laughing saying WTF

I'm not surprised that you were baffled. He was just babbling incoherently.

It was just some lame, preachy attempt to call out Khabib and the UFC, and hold himself up as a role model.

The awkward reaction by the crowd told you how well it went over.

He said something about how it doesn't matter what you do in life, you have to be a good example and role model. If someone talks bad about you, you can't just go jump a cage and fight them. Your kids will rewatch this fight later and then go fight a kid in school because of something that was said about them.

Bendo spoke the truth and it was refreshing to see a pro MMA fighter finally not try and tip toe around or justify Khabob's dangerous, immature behavior.

Bendo's stock as a person has gone way up in my eyes. Only a weak minded man lacking in self-confidence and humility allows words to provoke him to violence. This is how I raise my sons and I'm glad to see a man like Henderson doing the same.

Real accomplishment, what's that number 3 or 4 defenses lol? Dont act like hes in gsp or anderson territory.

If you're not as accomplished as GSP or Anderson Silva you suck and should probably just kill yourself.

<{outtahere}>

Jesus was drunk and possessed his body momentarily and started ranting about what is bothering him in mma currently.

It happens.

Back