As much as I hate to admit it, Colby Covington

Usman vs Covington, loser is kicked from the ufc.

Dana, make it happen!

Had the more impressive performance against Maia, over Usman.

Even though Demian outstruck him in the 1st, Covington fought him more aggressively the whole fight, and busted him up worse.

Discuss.

He also looked worse vs Maia in the 1st than Usman did in the whole fight.

Either way, both of them aren’t very good and are lucky to be in the weakest WW division in the UFC in over a decade

What is more impressive is a guy who is 40yr old, has never been athletic, has one game plan nowadays, still managed to do well in spots and survive to supposedly prime fighters.

It's Usman's nullifying style(kinda like Khabib) that makes him dangerous for most WW's. While I agree Colby's win over Maia was more convincing, I still think Usman would blanket fuck Colby to a decision.

Even though Demian outstruck him in the 1st, Covington fought him more aggressively the whole fight, and busted him up worse.

Discuss.
You’re right brother. I’m in the same boat - not a Colby fan but he did it better than Usman and TWood for that matter.

Discuss.
All these wrestle boxers at 170 are just shit-tier versions of GSP. That's my thoughts on this. Also, Maia is fucking 40.

Shows how bad WW is that Covington and Usman are considered top 5.

Was it better when one dimensional Matt Hughes was champ or when Johnny Hendricks was champ? Usman is a solid fighter. Not the most exciting, but he's good enough to be top 5.

I give up on fucking BJJ in MMA anymore..Maia was our last great hope..Everyone else is just terrible or just wants to stand and bang...fuck this gay earth

I am mad at Maia for not adapting his game to be better in MMA. He should be spamming kicks all day. The worst that can happen is you get taken down...

BJJ is still the most utilized style in MMA. All these wrestlers only take guys down when they're confident in their BJJ defense to do so
Wrong. Wrestling is much more prevalent than BJJ. BJJ is nuetralized by takedown defense.

Shows how bad WW is that Covington and Usman are considered top 5.
Jon Fitch was the number 2 guy for a long time, and both Colby and Usman would beat him, they're very legit rasslers and skilled fighters.

He also looked worse vs Maia in the 1st than Usman did in the whole fight.

Either way, both of them aren’t very good and are lucky to be in the weakest WW division in the UFC in over a decade
Lol.

Name some of the guys you think would beat them.

The fact Maia out struck him tho

People really need to start understanding that Maia has like 35 MMA fights and has been training all aspects of MMA for about 20 years. The guy knows how to strike, especially against inexperienced wrestlers with 10 fights who have only been doing this for a few years. Experience means a lot, Decades of fighting experience > a few years of fighting experience. Maia can strike when he wants to.

Discuss.

maia may have out struck usman round 1 also haha. I know some judges gave him that round

agree that Colby did much better... and he only had 3 rounds.

Discuss.
It's the benefits of 3 rounds vs 5, after losing 1 colby had to go harder to get the win. Usman also dropped the first but didn't care because he had 4 rounds to beat up maia.

It's the benefits of 3 rounds vs 5, after losing 1 colby had to go harder to get the win. Usman also dropped the first but didn't care because he had 4 rounds to beat up maia.
Colby didn't lose the first and gave Mai a 10-7 in the third ,could have been stopped.

I give up on fucking BJJ in MMA anymore..Maia was our last great hope..Everyone else is just terrible or just wants to stand and bang...fuck this gay earth
Typed by someone who doesnt follow BJJ. Maia’s 40 dude. He’s not the top of the heap in BJJ anymore and neither is Jacare. MMA, sure

Back