As much as I hate to admit it, Colby Covington

Colby nearly finished Maia in the 3rd and I dont think Maia would have survived a 4th.

the filthy animals comment was better than anything I saw tonight

Had the more impressive performance against Maia, over Usman.

Even though Demian outstruck him in the 1st, Covington fought him more aggressively the whole fight, and busted him up worse.

Discuss.

No he didn’t. He was still getting struck by Maia who was gassed to the gils

Full Camp Snoozeman struggled with 2 week notice Maia and even in the standup got tagged at will by Maia's left hand and even got wobbled.

Even though he is a bit of a troll with his nerdbash antics, Colby would dominate Snoozeman and did way better against Full Camp Maia and Snoozeman even got taken down by 2 week notice Maia.

Last edited:
Full Camp Snoozeman struggled with 2 week notice Maia and even in the standup got tagged at will by Maia's left hands and even got wobbled.

Even though he is a bit of a troll with his nerdbash antics, Colby would dominate Snoozeman and did way better against Full Camp Maia and Snoozeman even got taken down by 2 week notice Maia.
I'm glad someone else noticed that! Usman was getting outstruck those first couple rounds against Maia! His striking and defense are terrible!

I'm glad someone else noticed that! Usman was getting outstruck those first couple rounds against Maia! His striking and defense are terrible!

Yep I saw it too.

Maia was nailing him on the temple on the hegular.

If homie had any power, Usman would have taken a nap.

Yet the entire fight was stand up and Colby clearly won.

Do you tards think before typing?

This. And didn’t Maia just hurt and out strike Usman in their first?! Lol WTF..

I think the fact 3 rounds vs 5 let Coby go all in makes a difference too.

Meh. Colby got beat the fuck up in the 1st whereas Usman didn't. I don't think Usman even got cut.

The thing about fighting Maia is he'll make you look bad even if you beat him.

And I see people saying Usman should have finished him.

Colby couldn't.
Woodley couldn't.
Condit couldn't.
Brown couldn't.
Magney Couldn't.
Weidman couldn't.
Anderson couldn't.

The only person to legitimately finish Maia was a juiced up Marquardt.

Not the most exciting fight, or in other words, a typical Maia fight, but Usman showed the ability to totally shut down Maia's wrestling/grappling. Something most fighters on the list above couldn't do.

Oh, and being a strong wrestler is an absolute requirement to beating Colby and Woodley.

colby is pretty good. it's sad that he's fighting RDA, I won't root for anyone over RDA in the WW division. also it really doesn'y hurt improving his terrible trashtalking and also stopping spoiling movies

Had the more impressive performance against Maia, over Usman.

Even though Demian outstruck him in the 1st, Covington fought him more aggressively the whole fight, and busted him up worse.

Discuss.
I agree

usman is a woodley wannabe

chaos had a fight with maia.

usman had a glorified kickboxing match.

looked tenative and scared

I don't think it's particularly close, Covington is more impressive at what they both do, at the moment. Colby getting tapped by Warlley Alves is a rough one though, Usman doesn't have a UFC loss to his name but that's his only advantage over Covington IMO.

Colby was more impressive against Maia and also dominated Stun Gun, a win bigger than anything Usman had up until last night (comfortably).

Although Miaia gamelan was pathetic in both fights I think Miaia fought smarter tho than he did vs Colby... Maia at least tried to set up some takedowns in this fight... against Colby he was just lunging in there looking pathetic

Back