Ariel is a horrible reporter

You better watch your mouth about the god, boy.

I think he's a super nice guy and likeable but he really is a terrible reporter imo.

1. He does not really do anything but scratch the surface on interviews and resorts to instigation with fighters

2. That show he has and the God awful music. It's boring and too long, I can't stand it more than 2mins

3. His beef with ufc is annoying as he takes a bunch of weak shots at Rogan and ufc. He's also a baby, lost credentials and rightfully so. They asked him for a favor to keep Brock news quiet and he had to report anyways. I would have as a fan found out on PPV.

Only reason ufc looked bad in all of that was admitting they took his credentials for that reason. I would have rather they quietly did it out the blue a month later.

Nice guy but he's horrible!!

Shut up, Dana.

Tmz of MMA reporting.

He's a tool.

"X Fighter, ARE YOU THERE?" hahaha that's the only thing I dislike about it. Rest is pretty cool

Edit : or "X Fighters, ARE YOU THERE MY FRIEND?" I don't know why, but I always feel like there is a long pause when he includes "FRIEND" haha

Last edited:
Ariel is ok. She's not a journalist as he likes to think of himself and he's a bit of a shit starter but he's a good dude. Leave him alone!

#GUERNICA>all

You have given nothing other then your feelings .

I think he's a super nice guy and likeable but he really is a terrible reporter imo.

1. He does not really do anything but scratch the surface on interviews and resorts to instigation with fighters

2. That show he has and the God awful music. It's boring and too long, I can't stand it more than 2mins

3. His beef with ufc is annoying as he takes a bunch of weak shots at Rogan and ufc. He's also a baby, lost credentials and rightfully so. They asked him for a favor to keep Brock news quiet and he had to report anyways. I would have as a fan found out on PPV.

Only reason ufc looked bad in all of that was admitting they took his credentials for that reason. I would have rather they quietly did it out the blue a month later.

As a reporter, isn't his job to report news?

If he has a big story like the Brock appearance, why should he keep that quiet?

Tmz of MMA reporting.

He's a tool.

This. Lets run the list:

- focused on petty drama and TMZ style reporting

- admittedly had no interest in MMA as a sport, but saw it as an opportunity to get into reporting

- has never trained in any combat sport, even to get a cursory understanding of what he reports on

- uses any opportunity to inject professional wrestling into the discussion

- has a desk covered in toys

- instigates any angle of conflict unrelated to fighting, but rarely scratches the surface on meaningful topics

This is the jackass that literally RAN up to the commission when Overeem was late to weigh in, and asked 'Will Overeem be fined???' The guy responds by saying "well, yes, I wouldn't have but since you brought it to my attention, now he will be."

He sets a low bar for how bad MMA journalism is.

My hope is some fighters decide to take a shot at reporting on MMA once they retire, and we get a new generation of more reputable, thoughtful journalists.

I didnt know being part of the court jesters team and having a podcast made you a reporter.

Envy is ugly.

ariel_haters.gif

Honestly he is one of the only guys that would ask the tough questions. He used to interview Dana all the time and he would ask him a lot of tough questions and not let him off the hook. That is basically why he is out in terms of interviews. Dana wants to play his stupid games with the media, and refuses to be called on anything. This recent situation with GSP is a perfect example. I have seen a few interviews with Dana about it and nobody is pressing him on the issue. GSP is saying he wants to fight and the contract he is being offered is shit and Dana is just saying no he doesn't want to fight. Nobody is pressing Dana about an obvious bad contract dispute. Ariel if he was interviewing Dana he would ask the tough questions. I always respected him for that.

As a reporter, isn't his job to report news?

If he has a big story like the Brock appearance, why should he keep that quiet?

I get that it was news but it was stupid to report it because it was a cool thing the way ufc wanted to release it. Technically yea Ariel was in the right but I thought it was douchey the way he played it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back