Ariel Helwani is still upset with the ufc/weight cut related

who is at blame for these incidents

• Total voters
If Ariel saw Hall collapse, he would've had a mic in his face and been asking him about whether or not he's happy with his contract before he even checked to see if Uriah was dead.

And he's very biased against the UFC.
Ariel: before you die hall,tell me how much of this can be blamed on the UFC,specifically Dana White. like on a scale of 1 out of 100?

Helwani sucks and he acts like a little girl, he has no room in cock fighting imo

Yeah I usually stick up for ariel but he’s wrong here

If Ariel saw Hall collapse, he would've had a mic in his face and been asking him about whether or not he's happy with his contract before he even checked to see if Uriah was dead.

And he's very biased against the UFC.

Bias against a extremely shady company/organization that’s(imo) killing the sport of MMA slowly but surely? Honestly can’t blame him & I am with him when it’s comes ate for all things UFC.

I still illegally stream UFCs & always will but I don’t follow the sport like I did from 97-2007. They just ruin everything for me. Company’s tactics, treatment of fighters, pay of fighters, letting my fellow Irish cunt & mediocre fighter fuck up 2 weight class divisions & all other bullshit that is Conor McGregor & UFC cupping his nuts.

The fucking embarrassing judges they use who’ve scored fights that makes one wonder if they were even present for the fight everyone else watched, the 10 point system which does not work for I could go on for years

ufc won't get sued
it's the fighter/commission

mma fans are hilarious
say they don't want it like boxing
but then the fighters deserve more divisions

the blame is mostly on the fighter for wanting the maximum advantage they can get in a fight...why.. to hurt their opponent

You’re having a laugh. The absolute second someone dies, everyone in the media is gonna destroy the UFC. It will be a PR nightmare. The headlines won’t say anything about the Missouri commission.

It will be on every podcast. Every media sports outlet. And that’s before the mainstream media picks it up. The ufc is a brand name. Death + brand name in the same sentence = not good for fucking business. The headlines will read: UFC fighter dies cutting weight. That’s gonna be the focus. They will have no choice but to reform their policies. And that’s just the scenario if they DONT get sued. Which, they probably will. People are gonna outright hold the promotion and the face of the promotion responsible. There will be a massive press conference saying how unfortunate it is, how they are gonna make a million changes for the future and see it never happens again, the public will pressure them into taking responsibility.

Boxing? Why are you generalizing? I’ve been following this sport a lot longer than you. Slow your roll.

Bias against a extremely shady company/organization that’s(imo) killing the sport of MMA slowly but surely? Honestly can’t blame him & I am with him when it’s comes ate for all things UFC.

I still illegally stream UFCs & always will but I don’t follow the sport like I did from 97-2007. They just ruin everything for me. Company’s tactics, treatment of fighters, pay of fighters, letting my fellow Irish cunt & mediocre fighter fuck up 2 weight class divisions & all other bullshit that is Conor McGregor & UFC cupping his nuts.

The fucking embarrassing judges they use who’ve scored fights that makes one wonder if they were even present for the fight everyone else watched, the 10 point system which does not work for I could go on for years
Maybe they'd have more money for the poor, abused fighters if you didn't stream PPVS.

i know people love to blame the commission or organisation

but the blame is on the fighters
trying to get the maximum advantage they can get

They also try and cut the maximum amount of weight they can cut in the shortest possible amount of time, which of course causes problems.

You can absolutely safely cut 20lbs. I used to do it for wrestling and never had an issue. Trying to do so 15 hours or less before your weigh in is of course going to cause you to pass out and body parts to shut down.

“We don’t use the term weight cutting because there is no cutting,” ONE Championship Vice President Rich Franklin told MMAmania.com. “We’ve developed a system of how we want our athletes to weigh in. The only way we can ensure they’ll actually compete at the weight they walk around at, is by hydration testing.”

“We use an instrument to test the specific gravity of their urine, which tests how much solutes are in their urine,” he continued. “Obviously, the more [solutes] you have, the more dehydrated you are.”

Fighters are tested multiple times for both weight and hydration during fight week. Failure to achieve adequate levels of hydration — or weight — will also result in additional, event-day testing.

“We will not allow our athletes to compete dehydrated,” Franklin said. “But if they happen to be overweight, if they’re hydrated but maybe a half a pound over or something like that, we can negotiate a catchweight. We have parameters for that. They have to be at least 105 percent of their opponent’s weight.”

Fighters competing at this Friday night’s combat sports event in Singapore were able to cruise through fight week without the rigors of cutting weight, according to the former UFC middleweight champion, which returns healthier athletes and ultimately, better performances.

“That system keeps anybody from dropping a significant amount of weight and putting a significant amount of weight back on,” he said. “It’s really difficult to get the athletes to get rid of this whole mentality of cutting weight. It’s so ingrained in them to undo that, it’s really become quite problematic for our industry.”

Everyone's at fault. It's just like flopping in the NBA, if the refs & league allow it, the players are going to continue to do it.

The fighters are 100% to blame. They should be smart enough and responsible enough on their own to know the long-term dangers of weight cutting without the organization having to hold their hands and protect them from themselves as if they're little children.

Granted, I believe they shouldn't allow people to cut weight beyond a certain point but that's out of fairness, not out of health concerns.

Ariel has his opinions just like us. Only we are more educated... ;)

Ariel has his opinions just like us. Only we are more educated... ;)
agreed-good-sir.jpg

Back