Ariel Helwani is still upset with the ufc/weight cut related

who is at blame for these incidents

• Total voters
I have never understood why the fighters had to make the weight one day prior? I think maybe it started simply as a promotional thing, but it turned into a tool the fighters used to cut a ridiculous amount. I have always thought it should be walking around weight.. You can allow more of an allowance by doing it on the day of the fight, so for example 185 could be as high as 187. Which is fine. Because you are right in the wheelhouse of where you need to be and that is your actual weight. If you do it on Fight day nobody is cutting anything.

Here's how I would do it.

• All current weight classes stay as is but get 25 lbs added to them. 125lb becomes 150lb, 135lb becomes 160lbs ...etc.
  • Fighters get weighed in the day before
  • Fighters take a hydration test the day before
  • Fighters get weighed the night of the fight right before they make a walk

• If a fighter goes over the weight (within 3 lbs) the fight will occur but they get 1 warning and 20% purse forfeit. If the fighter doesn't make weight a second time for their next fight they get banned from the weight class for 2 years(they can fight at the next weight class up)
  • If a fighter goes over the weight (over 3 lbs) the fight will occur if the opponent agrees to it. They get a 50% purse forfeit and banned from the weight class for 2 years(they can fight at the next weight class up).

They need to get it to a point where guys are not coming in at the weight limit. For example if Mighty Mouse's new weight class is 150lbs then we need it where Mighty Mouse is walking around 142-145 and doesn't need to worry about some guy weighing at 150 and then hydrating up to 165. If the guy that Mighty Mouse is fight walks in at 147-148 then it has no impact on the fight. A few pounds difference in the walk around weight means virtually nothing. Thats the point of the no tolerance to going over the weight. You need these guys to actually come in under the contracted weight and you need to assure these guys that no one else will be gaming the system by coming in much heavier. Once you create an atmosphere where everyone is weighing roughly the same in their walk around weight (within 5-7lbs) then you'll have less guys who will feel the need that they need to cheat to system.

I don't keep track of names, but you see different coaches complaining about it off and on all the time and putting the blame on the UFC instead of themselves. Most recently, it was Kevin Lee's coach that did it.

I don't believe you. You need more people.

I don't believe you. You need more people.

Well, you must have your head buried in the sand then. Also, you just said much earlier that it was a problem, only you put the blame on both the fighters and the organization, so I don't know where the phuck your sudden denial is coming from.

Delaware lol provide pics
Here they are back when I remember them
briscoe_brothers.0.jpg

And here they are today, these pics are who you look like

BrisBro.jpg

220px-The_Briscoe_Brothers_IWGP_Tag_Team_Champions.jpg

Briscoe.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

1jay.jpg

040612-potd.jpg

Sandy Forks I believe is where they're billed from, or you should I say bork1}

that's pretty sus coming from you LMAO
I'm seriously getting deja vu, haven't we done this exact dance before, maybe like a year or two ago? I think I even said you looked like the Briscoe's then.

Ya ugly motherfucker lol.

It’s a journalists job to get to the bottom of things and find out what the big promotions are really up to. I know helwani’s personality is annoying but at least he asks proper questions and looks for interesting stories.

I’m sure some people just want:
Are you going to win?
Do you feel good?
Who do you want next?
What’s your favourite colour?
But that shit is inane and dull

I'm seriously getting deja vu, haven't we done this exact dance before, maybe like a year or two ago? I think I even said you looked like the Briscoe's then.

Ya ugly motherfucker lol.
I look way better then you lol stop being bitter

It's the fighters' fault. Don't get so fucking fat between fights, and you don't have to cut so much water weight. If you have very little body fat going into the last week or so before weigh-ins and you still can't make weight with some minor dehydration, then you need to move up a weight class.

Funny thing he used to be on Dana's good side big time. He got interview after interview and was co-hosting UFC shows. But because he got a big EGO, he decided to do his own thing and run his mouth too much.. Dana no like that..

A reporter doing his own thing is not a bad thing. He's not a ufc employee, he is doing his job.

Thats what ammy and regional professional experence is supposed to prepare you for. All the BS of fighting, weight cutting, shit pay, and a lot of injuries.

Why they crying at the big show? Getting to the UFC isnt a pot of gold.

Do yourself a favor and go up a weight class or know when to call it quits in the sauna and safely walk away from the bout. Dont dramatize it with an ambulance scene just to not look bad in front of others fighters. Wonder if we missed Thiago/Zach for same reason, shoulda known when they couldnt make weight a LOT earlier...

a bump so more can vote

Back