Media Ariel Helwani: Conor-Khabib rematch next, poor Tony Ferguson

Damn didnt realize NY Ric followed him to ESPN. Ariel has always been the drama wwe kind of guy. Ric was always the balance and the real knowledgable MMA fan who cared about the actual sport.

I’m not saying he would win a rematch by any stretch, but escaping that very low single is pretty easy as long as you choose to not to defend it the way Conor did, i.e, going into stall mode instead of going for a clean escape by limping out of it which, incredibly, was obviously what the team decided was the best plan of action when defending takedowns. They now see it as a huge error and is no doubt why they are bullish about a rematch.

Khabib was just much faster and more fluid than expected and Conor's reaction time wasn't nearly quick enough.

Conor would have completely evaded this if he was capable of it. He never wanted to get tied up with Khabib.

via GIPHY

I would honestly rather see Conor box Paulie or Mayweather again than him rematch Khabib.

It has to be Khabib vs Tony

Plus, this is a perfect time for Conor vs Nate III

So Conor is going to ride into the sunset as some Bob Sapp character

Well it looks like the true fans wanting to see Tony/Khabib don't matter. The UFC wants us to watch Conor get beat up again because quick money.

This feels like Garbrandt/Dillashaw 2 all over again.

No. Khabib will fight GSP or he will retire
Ferguson will fight Dustin for the LW title when its vacated by whichever of GSP/Khabib wins

Khabib was just much faster and more fluid than expected and Conor's reaction time wasn't nearly quick enough.

Conor would have completely evaded this if he was capable of it. He never wanted to get tied up with Khabib.

via GIPHY
If I was Khabib I would have Mike Tyson BIT a chunk right out of Conors thigh in that spot when his head rests

After all Id be like Conor grabbed my gloves and kneed me in the head while we were down Im eating that Leps leg

The ufc needs to give Conor a winnable right next. He could beat Diaz and it’s a marketable fight. Khabib is not a good fight for Conor.

It has to be Khabib vs Tony

Plus, this is a perfect time for Conor vs Nate III
Nah.
UFC doesnt do the obvious.
GSP wants Khabib. Khabib already said its his dream to fight GSP. Thats enough to get it done. Khabibs boss now not Conor.
Nate is being so difficult I wouldnt be surprised if Dana gives that guy any fight.
BUT I do see Conor vs NICK Diaz as a big headline that would throw everyone a curve

Ali said that the Ferg didn't bring in the numbers.

I think it all lines up.

Ariel is in the know.

This seems bad for Conor. A second loss to Khabib pretty much ruins Conor. What's he going to do? He isn't going back to 145 and he will be run out of town at 155. A second fight with Khabib could be Conor's last fight ever.

This seems bad for Conor. A second loss to Khabib pretty much ruins Conor. What's he going to do? He isn't going back to 145 and he will be run out of town at 155. A second fight with Khabib could be Conor's last fight ever.
The UFC is all about the biggest possible fight at the time.

They don't care about the future because in their eyes anything can happen.

.............. just ""a guy who dives for ankles""" huh??

.....a guy who dives for ankles, beat the shit out of guys once he gets them and makes them tap like lil bitches!!!...there you go, fixed that for you sir.

Well it looks like the true fans wanting to see Tony/Khabib don't matter. The UFC wants us to watch Conor get beat up again because quick money.

This feels like Garbrandt/Dillashaw 2 all over again.

and this is shocking how hahaha.

money talks bs walks as the old saying goes.

Fuck this, fuck the UFC , we need Tony vs vs khabib, I need to see this

Dumb idea. They need to make Khabib/Tony and if Conor wants to come back give him Pettis.

If Dana wants to milk Conor for as long as possible, he shouldn't let Conor fight Khabib again and get destroyed

Diaz and Poirier are winnable fights for him, and they're more entertaining fights anyway

You think conor is going to stick around if he beats khabib, him losing was the best thing to happen. If he beat khabib he would have nothing to prove because he beat stylistically his worst match up and the undefeated 26 mma fighter.

Back