Media Ariel Helwani: Conor-Khabib rematch next, poor Tony Ferguson

Well it looks like the true fans wanting to see Tony/Khabib don't matter. The UFC wants us to watch Conor get beat up again.

It´s professional guesswork, but if it does get made before the Tony fight it would be a clear Duck by Khabib

Of course, the Conor haters would be emasculated if it the rematch comes to fruition. Having to find out Conor and Khabib are no different where one fights for this mystical legacy and the other for money narrative ( as is should be in prizefighting)

Book that shit 10 times if you have to.

Khabib and Tony need to settle it in the octagon before it's allover.

I don't care if they're 50.

Makes no sense unless everyone just wants to get paid then fuck off , probably won't see either guy for at least a year .

That would be a huge disappointment for me if that happens. Tony vs Khabib is the only fight to make next. Let Conor have a rematch with Joe Duffy and see if he can last longer than 30 seconds this time. They are about the same LW level, mid tier.

Khabib should just move up to welterweight and take his beating like a man. Instead of prancing around at lightweight calling himself the Floyd of MMA like Ric Flair

he walks around like Bubba Ray Dudley doing extreme weight cuts having seizures and everything for a muscle advantage at lightweight bork1}

Pretty damn disappointing if this turns out to be true. In no way did Conor show a rematch could go any different, it was hardly competitive.

Khabib should just move up to welterweight and take his beating like a man. Instead of prancing around at lightweight calling himself the Floyd of MMA like Ric Flair

he walks around like Bubba Ray Dudley doing extreme weight cuts having seizures and everything for a muscle advantage at lightweight bork1}
God damn you need to shut up with this crap. You literally want Khabib to go up in weight just so he'll lose.

On second thought, I want no part of this massacre.

Dana White is greedy as hell and sacrificing his son for quick cash.

"
God damn you need to shut up with this crap. You literally want Khabib to go up in weight just so he'll lose."

Yeah well the guy wants to retire cause he can't handle his extreme weight cuts

And wants to fight GSP instead of a better fighter Woodley. Khabib's taller than Woodley. But Khabib weighs like the same and calls fights off with failed weight cuts getting to lightweight to avoid Woodley.

I hope the commission look into his weight cuts more from now on

And calls himself the Floyd of MMA

He's so much worse than Conor. It's like a Russian troll version of Conor.

How would you feel if Brock Lesner done extreme weight cuts to get a grapple advantage in an easy division and called himself the Floyd of MMA and retired without fighting the best

Conor is nuts man. Im not knocking Khabib but why would Conor want to fight a guy who dives for ankles? Its just a horrible style match-up.

Tony deserves the shot now.

because khabib is the champ? if conor goes back to being "just another fighter" then he's truly done. who gives a fuck about no-belt conor fighting anyone when hes not even good enough to fight for a belt?

Conor is nuts man. Im not knocking Khabib but why would Conor want to fight a guy who dives for ankles? Its just a horrible style match-up.

Tony deserves the shot now.
I’m not saying he would win a rematch by any stretch, but escaping that very low single is pretty easy as long as you choose to not to defend it the way Conor did, i.e, going into stall mode instead of going for a clean escape by limping out of it which, incredibly, was obviously what the team decided was the best plan of action when defending takedowns. They now see it as a huge error and is no doubt why they are bullish about a rematch.

Most of you talk like that fight wasnt booked 4 times before.

Khabib vs Tony is the ultimate pull out merchants fight.

How would you feel if Brock Lesner done extreme weight cuts to get a grapple advantage in an easy division where no one else has grappling and called himself the Floyd of MMA and retired without fighting the best

That's what Khabib's doing and I can see his circus

Lol, Khabib will not accept an immediate rematch with Conor. The only way the UFC can get Khabib to accept would be to get on their knees and start begging, and give Khabib the biggest paycheck in UFC history.

If Tony isn't next for the title shot, it will be the biggest kick to the balls, in any division, to any fighter to date.

I highly doubt the UFC will do Khabib vs McGregor next. I still believe their goal is Khabib/ Ferguson and Diaz/McGregor on the same card. Also....Ferguson will not accept anything other than a title shot next he made that very clear after his last fight.
Didn't tony say he wanted either khabib or Conor? Fighting Conor is better than fighting for the belt tbf

Woodleys manager should look into calling out Khabib and exposing him forcing his hand to fight. It would be epic if they do it the right way

Back