Anyone watching "The Terror" on AMC? - Ciaran Hinds is in it..

Yeah, did not see that coming at all...

I was taken by surprise with how brutal Sir John's death was, that shit was gnarly

I'm still confused by the whole real life story tbh. Did Dan Simmons take a real life incident and add in monsters and beasts for the hell of it?

It's a fictional novel based on true events. The expedition was lost, and an extensive series of search attempts by various groups finally discovered the ships and scattered graves.

The actual concluded reasons for the demise of the crews were pneumonia and starvation, but I suppose the big motivation for the horror theme of the novel is that the HMS Terror was found in perfect condition, while the entire crew had died.

It is as far as I know. I'd like to read that but still reading another one of his books atm

Yeah, may be a bit for you. His books are great but are a task for sure. I think The Terror is like 700-800 pages if I recall correctly.

Yeah, I know what your thinking.

They kill off Sir John so early, I was like WTF! Ciarin Hinds seems to attract those roles. In Rome he was Caeser and he was offered the Ned Stark role but turned it down not realizing what a hit the show would be.

I was shocked as well and kind of laughed b/c Hinds also didn't last too long in GOT (or as you mentioned Caeser...heh). Although the way the filmed and showed his death was AWESOME! It was kind of from him point of view.....show the shock, confusing, flashbacks, pain, more confusion, the hot bucket in the ice hole, etc. Was intense and unique!

I hadn’t seen it yet but sounds like I should.

I really like it. It's drama and horror all mixed into one. It has a good pace.....as in things happen without dragging it on forever but they also take time to build characters and suspense.

but they also take time to build characters and suspense.
Except with Hinds. Im pissed about that. Not about his character but we got robbed of his acting performance.

Never seen Ciaran Hinds used as a selling point before.

Episode 4 and 5 have leaked online. Apparently all 5 episodes were available for Amazon Prime in France and India for streaming.

I believe you can watch the entire series on the AMC subscription service

Is it on any streaming platform; Amazon, Netflix, etc?

Very, very good miniseries! Depressing in a very good way. 10 episodes is what I could stomach. More seasons of the same formula would have been to much. It is really that dark and good!

I must admit, Cornelius Hickey is the most evil human being I have seen in any mini or multi season series.

the-terror-amc-136425855760302601.jpg

I haven't seen many people talking about this. Is anyone else watching it? I just finished the first few episodes and think it's pretty good so far. I like the time period and it seems like it has a pretty good production value. I had no idea what it was about when I started and am only a few episodes in so please no spoilers.

Back