Anyone watching "The Terror" on AMC? - Ciaran Hinds is in it..

There was or this will be
<seedat>

Not a lot of discussion in it though.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/anyone-watching-the-terror-on-amc-ciaran-hinds-is-in-it.3734175/

I personally like it. It isn't super face paced where a ton of stuff happens. But there is a constant eeriness to it.

Does anyone know if it's just 1 season total and the series is done or will this be a yearly series for the foreseeable future? I'm up to date so only have 3 episodes left this season. They have a lot of explaining to do if they are wrapping the whole series up in 3 episodes.

Not a lot of discussion in it though.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/anyone-watching-the-terror-on-amc-ciaran-hinds-is-in-it.3734175/

I personally like it. It isn't super face paced where a ton of stuff happens. But there is a constant eeriness to it.

Does anyone know if it's just 1 season total and the series is done or will this be a yearly series for the foreseeable future? I'm up to date so only have 3 episodes left this season. They have a lot of explaining to do if they are wrapping the whole series up in 3 episodes.
Don't know but it seems like they are gonna have to come to a conclusion fairly soon. Can't see how they could drag it out for multiple seasons unless the pace slowed to a crawl

I just started watching the other night, am on episode 3. I like it a lot, actually. Jared Harris is SO good in everything he’s in, love him.

Only 1 season for this show.

What is the premise? Is there some supernatural creature killing them off or something? Or is it just a drama amongst men who are shipwrecked in the arctic?

Finished this last night (sunday). Pretty good tv show.

7.5/10

Very, very good miniseries! Depressing in a very good way. 10 episodes is what I could stomach. More seasons of the same formula would have been to much. It is really that dark and good!

I must admit, Cornelius Hickey is the most evil human being I have seen in any mini or multi season series.

View attachment 369971
He reminds me of Colonel Ives (Robert Carlyle's character) in the movie Ravenous

Just finished it the other day, not getting much hype over here...don't even think it's on our tv channels. But it was really good, just the sort of thing I like.

Finished it yesterday.

Really enjoyed it. Would recommend.

I really hope AMC doesn't milk this show for more seasons. Ten episodes was perfect for what the show set out to do, with a solid ending to go along with it.

I really hope AMC doesn't milk this show for more seasons. Ten episodes was perfect for what the show set out to do, with a solid ending to go along with it.

My understanding is that if they have another season it won't be about this same expedition. This 10 part series is closed and done I think. They would maybe keep the name "The Terror" b/c people are aware of it now, but it would be about an entirely different story.

I still don't quite understand HOW the Tuunbaq died. Was it b/c of the poison that Goodfellow poisoned the other men with? Was it b/c of Tuunbaq's previous wounds? Was it something to do with the chain where it was choking him from the inside out and Crozier pulled hard on the chain to choke him or something?

OK, I just read somewhere that it may be a combination of things. The creature was eating the men who had lead poisoning from the tins. It was already injured from the cannon. It presumably ate Blanky who was covered in forks. And then it got the chain stuck in its throat and stomach. I guess that makes sense then.

I also don't quite get why everyone followed Hickey towards the end when it was clear he was willing to kill his own men whenever he wanted. But I guess a lot of sheep follow ANY shepheard when they feel lost and scared.

Last edited:
My understanding is that if they have another season it won't be about this same expedition. This 10 part series is closed and done I think. They would maybe keep the name "The Terror" b/c people are aware of it now, but it would be about an entirely different story.

I still don't quite understand HOW the Tuunbaq died. Was it b/c of the poison that Goodfellow poisoned the other men with? Was it b/c of Tuunbaq's previous wounds? Was it something to do with the chain where it was choking him from the inside out and Crozier pulled hard on the chain to choke him or something?

OK, I just read somewhere that it may be a combination of things. The creature was eating the men who had lead poisoning from the tins. It was already injured from the cannon. It presumably ate Blanky who was covered in forks. And then it got the chain stuck in its throat and stomach. I guess that makes sense then.

I also don't quite get why everyone followed Hickey towards the end when it was clear he was willing to kill his own men whenever he wanted. But I guess a lot of sheep follow ANY shepheard when they feel lost and scared.

I guess if they go that route then maybe it'll work. I definitely don't want to see any more of Crozier's story or any sort of search for him.

Yeah, those were all pretty much the same assumptions I made. They foreshadowed that it was a real creature that could be hurt when the cannon injured it, and then eating the chain along with all the poisoned men was finally enough.

By that point I imagine most of those men were too far gone to go against Hickey's command, too. That speech in E9 probably summed up what a lot of the men were thinking in that they would have killed Hickey if they didn't fear being killed (and probably eaten) by someone else.

Back