Anyone watching "The Terror" on AMC? - Ciaran Hinds is in it..

Is this a period piece about the Franklin expedition? They just recovered some of that shit last year after the arctic started thawing due to climate change.

Ye its based off of that bit thhey take alot of liberties. I think after the first 2 eps its really good. Some big time actors in it too

I guess not. lol.
Ive been watching it and like it too

had to laugh for a good few minutes when it started and Caesar & Brutus are all buddy buddy lol, Ciaran((sp)) is a great actor tho

Ive been watching it and like it too

had to laugh for a good few minutes when it started and Caesar & Brutus are all buddy buddy lol, Ciaran((sp)) is a great actor tho

I completely forgot that Tobias played Brutus. Now that you mention it, it does conjure up laughs

Trailer looked good, I'll be checking this out for sure.

This look like its right up my alley, thanks for the head up TS.

Does anyone know if this is just a once-off mini series? Or will there be multiple seasons?

Found that the first two episodes were aimless. What exactly is the threat? Ghost? Bear? Spirit? Keeps changing and the goal post keeps moving.

How is it that the show ranges from TV-PG and TV-14 yet shows like Better Call Saul and Legion are TV-MA? Hannibal is another show that is TV-14 even though at times the gore is more graphic than GOT or TWD.
titties.

So I take it there are no women on the show. Two ships in the arctic during that time period will not have any women.

Don't know if this is a no spoilers thread so I wont say what happened but really? Already? WTF

Actually there are women. There are native eskimo women. But if they can make it up there, why dont the crew just go back down south with them to like Quebec City or something, and just wait out the winter there.

Or like they can do shifts. Some guys stay with the ship, and the others dog sled back to civilization for a spell, and then switch up.

Episode 4 and 5 have leaked online. Apparently all 5 episodes were available for Amazon Prime in France and India for streaming.

How is it that the show ranges from TV-PG and TV-14 yet shows like Better Call Saul and Legion are TV-MA? Hannibal is another show that is TV-14 even though at times the gore is more graphic than GOT or TWD.

Better Call Saul and Legion have no titties

violence and blood and dismemberment?
The US are weird about nudity. In daylight TV shows people can get stabbed, shot, hung, etc but goddamn if a wild titty appears.

Pretty sure it was France that had the commercial with the topless women?

Don't know if this is a no spoilers thread so I wont say what happened but really? Already? WTF

Yeah, I know what your thinking.

They kill off Sir John so early, I was like WTF! Ciarin Hinds seems to attract those roles. In Rome he was Caeser and he was offered the Ned Stark role but turned it down not realizing what a hit the show would be.

Yeah, did not see that coming at all...

I was taken by surprise with how brutal Sir John's death was, that shit was gnarly

I'm still confused by the whole real life story tbh. Did Dan Simmons take a real life incident and add in monsters and beasts for the hell of it?

yes. watched the first two episodes and really liked it.

dan simmons, who wrote the book, wrote some of my favorite sci-fi so i had thought about reading the book but never did.

Didn't know it was Simmons. I spent much of my young life in the sci-fi / fantasy corner of a bookstore yet oddly never read Hyperion. Perhaps I should...

Anyway, this show is pretty great thus far. The acting is all quite good, the sets are phenomenal. The story is decent, although the lead captain is a stubborn, stupid old man. I watched all three and am quite enjoying it.

Back