Anyone watching "The Terror" on AMC? - Ciaran Hinds is in it..

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
...as us Tobias Menzies (who coincidentally enough were in both Game of Thrones and Rome together) . Seems to be about a voyage of 2 ships trying to get through a frozen ocean pass before it freezes but somehow get stuck out there. Then weird things happen.

Just checked out the trailer.

Looks pretty interesting. Definitely seems like it's worth a watch.

...as us Tobias Menzies (who coincidentally enough were in both Game of Thrones and Rome together) . Seems to be about a voyage of 2 ships trying to get through a frozen ocean pass before it freezes but somehow get stuck out there. Then weird things happen.

Is it some sort Horror series or something else? I saw the trailer for it awhile and that's
how it came off.

Like to see it BTW.

I read the book (if it's even based off of it). I'll check it out for sure.

Looks interesting... too bad I don't watch TV these days.

Last edited:
Will tune in for sure.
Liked the book.

yes. watched the first two episodes and really liked it.

dan simmons, who wrote the book, wrote some of my favorite sci-fi so i had thought about reading the book but never did.

About HMS Terror? Dan Simmons book?

Yup. HMS Terror and HMS Erebus. Based on the book I believe. I haven't read it. I'm a fan of Ciaran Hands and the concept looked cool.

Same here, the book is sitting on my shelf, just saw it yesterday and thought I'd start reading. Maybe both lol, read and watch in parallel

How is it that the show ranges from TV-PG and TV-14 yet shows like Better Call Saul and Legion are TV-MA? Hannibal is another show that is TV-14 even though at times the gore is more graphic than GOT or TWD.

actually checking out a screening of the first 3 episodes on sunday (that's why i didn't watch the first 2 yet).
in a theater, commercial free. should be cool, especially since i'm hearing good things about it on the internet and here.

edit:
if anyone in the NYC area is interested:
http://www.whatthefestnyc.com/film/the-terror/

The show also reminds me of Fortitude

Is this a period piece about the Franklin expedition? They just recovered some of that shit last year after the arctic started thawing due to climate change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back