Anyone else think Thanksgiving food is boring?

Not bland and boring but the food my family normally cooks for dinner (traditional dominican food) is just 10x better.

Yeah, no lol.

So? Its just food. Historically, "white" people had much less options for spices, so it actually has less spices than many other types of food. I still like it better than say Indian, which uses a billion spices, and the food is still meh.

I'm pretty sure spices have been available to us white folk for as long as any of us in this thread have been cooking. I'm not even sure what you could label as "white food" either.

I'm pretty sure spices have been available to us white folk for as long as any of us in this thread have been cooking. I'm not even sure what you could label as "white food" either.
People still tend to make food in the traditional manner, which is a bit bland if you dont jazz it up. Look into german or Scandinavian cooking, and even now, the spice game isnt on the level of some other cuisines. More herbs than spices. Though i dont find it necessarily bad, since spices are used a lot of the time to cover up sub-par ingredients.

Thats why i put quotations, since there really isnt white food. Greeks are white, but they use lots of spices even in their older dishes.

You must be white. White people food is bland as fuck. They think adding salt is “seasoning” s:

Nobody can possibly have a come back for you in that regard, cause no one knows what the hell you actually are

Thanksgiving Food = Bland & Boring
Christmas Food = Bland & Boring
British Food = Bland & Boring
Southern Food = Bland & Boring

Can we party like it's not 1799?
I want to see a modernized Thanksgiving feast.
Give me spicy or give me death!
Why don't you just eat whatever you want? Nobody is holding a gun to your head telling you have to eat turkey and sweet potatoes.

To be fair, you'd have to hold a gun to my head in order for me to eat sweet potatoes. They're groce as fuck.

Why don't you just eat whatever you want? Nobody is holding a gun to your head telling you have to eat turkey and sweet potatoes.

To be fair, you'd have to hold a gun to my head in order for me to eat sweet potatoes. They're groce as fuck.

They're a good ingredient in a lot of dishes. Not good on their own.

You must be white. White people food is bland as fuck. They think adding salt is “seasoning” s:
Adding salt is bad for the health. My white ass would rather eat curry.. Thai or Indian any day of the week.

I personally don't mind turkey on thanksgiving, however for the past several years our thanksigiving has been turkeyless. We are hosting again this year instead of turkey it's prime rib eye steaks. Still doing a ham, stuffing, yams, green beans and all the basic foods and desserts. There is a chance we may have turkey though if a colleague decides to come over since they love to deep fry turkey. We will see....

I like it b/c I can just mix it into 1 giant casserole or potatoes, gravy, turkey, cranberry, green been casserole, yams. It's like a giant cornucopia of flavor and food textures!

i remember one year my dad said fuck it, turkey can be so bland. and he went out and got a peking duck.

but in general, stuffing, mashed potatoes, greens, roast, turkey, cran sauce...you can't go wrong.

never heard of it and it sounds disgusting
Oh dear lord it is. Not sure where it came from, but ill assume its from hell
PB240044-570x401.jpg

Not sure why Turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, pumpkin pie is considered a boring meal. Boring as in tasty as fuck then I agree with you. Not sure why you need a spicy meal to eat on Thanksgiving. And if you don't like traditional the Thanksgiving meal then no one is forcing you to cook it. If you prefer to field your family Lasagna or Steaks then do that, there is no law against it.

Not sure why Turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, pumpkin pie is considered a boring meal. Boring as in tasty as fuck then I agree with you. Not sure why you need a spicy meal to eat on Thanksgiving. And if you don't like traditional the Thanksgiving meal then no one is forcing you to cook it. If you prefer to field your family Lasagna or Steaks then do that, there is no law against it.

seriously, they may be hipsters who put that sriracha shit on everything and burned the taste buds out of their mouths. thanksgiving food is the fucking bomb.

but i don't go around eating this shit year round either, and maybe a lot of people eat mashed potatoes and stuffing all the time. my only tradeoff is instead of pumpkin pies i make my own sweet potato pies. i'm not a huge sweets person and sweet potato pie is heavier and not quite as sweet tasting, but still fuckin delicious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back