Anyone else think prime BJ would beat Khabib and Conor?

And Lol @ anyone who thinks bj gets slept. He has an iron chin. Rory couldn’t sleep a fat/old bj after a three round beating. No way the “touch of death” or a wrist control ride sleeps him.

With all due respect, you're out of your mind, or you have never watched the great part of his career.

Conor wouldn't have a much chance at all against BJ at his best, it would be a massacre.

Khabib would be a favorite.
With all due respect back, I've pretty much watched BJ's entire career unfold as it happened, and rooted for him in every fight he's ever been in, guys like him, Chuck and Fedor got me into this sport, I'm fully aware of his qualities, I think many other old school fans don't seem to recognise the different overall improvements in the average fighters skillset compared to how it was at BJ's peak, truth is prime BJ would struggle with every single top 10 LW now.

As good as BJ's striking was at his best, Conor is vastly superior on the feet, and BJ being a good striker would only play into Conors hands, BJ would have a chance if he could get Conor down, but I don't think he could, Conor's tdd and movement makes that a far harder proposition that many seem to believe.

I see that fight playing out more often than not with Conor keeping BJ at distance and dismantling him on the feet before getting the finish in round 3. .

I certainly do.

The motivated BJ with 5 rd cardio that rekd Kenny and Diego should be favoured over current Khabib imo.

Now Khabib is great at what he does, but unless he's lathering himself with grease, I don't see how he'd be able to consistently take BJ down and do any sort of serious damage from top. BJ was incredibly flexible and had a wicked guard, better than anyone Khabib ever fought by a mile, and had some of the best TDD we've ever seen. The striking wouldn't even be competitive, BJ smashes him standing.

Iron chinned boxer BJ would take Conor's back easier than Diaz did and choke him out.

Ferguson would be an interesting fight though, Tony knows how to use his length on the feet and that may cause BJ some problems. Tony is similarly great on the ground as well so that'd be cool to watch.
No

With all due respect back, I've pretty much watched BJ's entire career unfold as it happened, and rooted for him in every fight he's ever been in, guys like him, Chuck and Fedor got me into this sport, I'm fully aware of his qualities, I think many other old school fans don't seem to recognise the different overall improvements in the average fighters skillset compared to how it was at BJ's peak, truth is prime BJ would struggle with every single top 10 LW now.

As good as BJ's striking was at his best, Conor is vastly superior on the feet, and BJ being a good striker would only play into Conors hands, BJ would have a chance if he could get Conor down, but I don't think he could, Conor's tdd and movement makes that a far harder proposition that many seem to believe.

I see that fight playing out more often than not with Conor keeping BJ at distance and dismantling him on the feet before getting the finish in round 3. .

He would struggle with a lot of the new breed of fighter, but he would never struggle with Conor. Not ever. He wouldn't struggle with a fighter who was choked out by Nate Diaz, and only managed to win a majority decision in the rematch. BJ has fought far more lethal, skilled and powerful strikers than Conor, and Conor has literally no other ways to win. Conor's only chance would be to try and kick his way to a decision and hope he doesn't get tired out, and good luck with THAT, BJ has great take downs. He took down Jon Fitch. He can take down Conor... And if that fight hits the mat, just how much of a chance do you think he has? You can talk all you want about Conor's "under rated grappling" but don't play that game when we're talking about BJ Penn.

I'm not some old timer stuck in the past. BJ has a better chin than Diaz, so good luck knocking him out (he had never even been wobbled until very late in his career). Fast hands, great head movement, and according to GSP the fastest reaction time he has ever seen. He's a nightmare for Conor.

Khabib, on the other hand, would probably be a nightmare for BJ. He actually has all the tools. Conor has one hand.

He for sure CAN beat them in his prime . I'm not sure if he would though. But would be amazing fights.

No and no..

Conor Would abuse him on the feet. BJ’s boxing was good for its time. He would get lit up by the good strikers today.

He would struggle with a lot of the new breed of fighter, but he would never struggle with Conor. Not ever. He wouldn't struggle with a fighter who was choked out by Nate Diaz, and only managed to win a majority decision in the rematch. BJ has fought far more lethal, skilled and powerful strikers than Conor, and Conor has literally no other ways to win. Conor's only chance would be to try and kick his way to a decision and hope he doesn't get tired out, and good luck with THAT, BJ has great take downs. He took down Jon Fitch. He can take down Conor... And if that fight hits the mat, just how much of a chance do you think he has? You can talk all you want about Conor's "under rated grappling" but don't play that game when we're talking about BJ Penn.

I'm not some old timer stuck in the past. BJ has a better chin than Diaz, so good luck knocking him out (he had never even been wobbled until very late in his career). Fast hands, great head movement, and according to GSP the fastest reaction time he has ever seen. He's a nightmare for Conor.

Khabib, on the other hand, would probably be a nightmare for BJ. He actually has all the tools. Conor has one hand.

I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve read posts written just like this in the career of one BJ Penn heading into a big fight, only to see BJ get his ass handed to him horribly in that big fight. The dude is a literally the most overrated Hall of Fame fighter of all time. His record in big fights is horrible.

If 220lb Machida couldn't KO BJ, Conor sure as hell wouldn't.

BJ gets Conor down and strangles him

I’m not sure he would knock him out but he would beat the hell out of BJ for three or five rounds. BJ also has cardio issues so that is not something he is taking advantage of if/when Conor tires

Penn's fans going full retard again the guy is the most overrated fighter ever

Bingo! Insanely overrated as a fighter. At no point in his career did he actually have a dominant run or winning streak. His whole record is spotty. Kept going up-and-down between classes. And lost so many big fights. His record in big fights is awful.

No because Conor has too much power, precision and length, and Penn is not known for his takedowns (though he did surprise Fitch with one). Khabib is too good with his wrestling and top control.

lol @ the Conor fans that never watched the sport before Conor. So obvious by how they write. Just a bunch of generic "KO rd 1" and "game has evolved" shit tossed out at random.

Wins by rnc against mac , quits on stool against kebob.

I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve read posts written just like this in the career of one BJ Penn heading into a big fight, only to see BJ get his ass handed to him horribly in that big fight. The dude is a literally the most overrated Hall of Fame fighter of all time. His record in big fights is horrible.

Name the fights.

Khabib, yes. Bj has the boxing to beat Khabib pretty bad on the feet and the ground skills to catch Khabib or limit damage.

Conor would beat him tho, he doesn't have the takedown game to get Conor down ( where he would obviously win ) and on the feet even tho he had great boxing he wouldn't be able to handle Conor's accuracy and power.

I’m not sure he would knock him out but he would beat the hell out of BJ for three or five rounds. BJ also has cardio issues so that is not something he is taking advantage of if/when Conor tires

BJ had cardio issues when he was fighting and grappling with bigger fighters.

Conor has cardio issues when he's striking.

BJ takes him down and chokes him out without much resistance

Mayyyteee

The difference between:
- an A-level athlete

- D level athlete

so BJ is better at jumping while conor is better at knocking people out

I'll leave it up to you whats more important in a fight

Back