Anyone else think prime BJ would beat Khabib and Conor?

BJ had cardio issues when he was fighting and grappling with bigger fighters.

Conor has cardio issues when he's striking.

BJ takes him down and chokes him out without much resistance

You have to be kidding me? I don’t think you actually watch BJ fight all that much. He had cardio issues Period watches fight with Nick Diaz. After about one round of just striking he was exhausted. Then he got the shit kicked out of him. Rory was mostly striking with him and he absolutely put a clinic on him for three rounds.

Name the fights.

Rory
Diaz
Fitch
Edgar 1 and 2
GSP 2

There were long winded posts just like yours going on and on how BJ was going to massacre GSP. That BJ was so much more talented and so much more skilled in every facet of fighting. Yeah not so much.

BJ was out of his prime after 2010. Every fight he had after 2010, was just pure garbage as evidence with his losses, and mis-matches in weight class.

He still put somewhat of a beating on Diaz though, being the way smaller fighter.

BJ in his prime was a different animal. He took Hughe's back twice...Whos ever done that? His stand up was a lot better too, I think he would have easily beaten Conor via GnP and RNC. Khabib would have been different, but then again Penn at his finest had the best take down defense

In terms of fighting Conor Another factor is that BJ is the smaller fighter. Listed at about 5-9 probably more like 5-8. One thing we have seen from Conor McGregor is he tears smaller fighters up. Beats them down.

He would struggle with a lot of the new breed of fighter, but he would never struggle with Conor. Not ever. He wouldn't struggle with a fighter who was choked out by Nate Diaz, and only managed to win a majority decision in the rematch. BJ has fought far more lethal, skilled and powerful strikers than Conor, and Conor has literally no other ways to win. Conor's only chance would be to try and kick his way to a decision and hope he doesn't get tired out, and good luck with THAT, BJ has great take downs. He took down Jon Fitch. He can take down Conor... And if that fight hits the mat, just how much of a chance do you think he has? You can talk all you want about Conor's "under rated grappling" but don't play that game when we're talking about BJ Penn.

I'm not some old timer stuck in the past. BJ has a better chin than Diaz, so good luck knocking him out (he had never even been wobbled until very late in his career). Fast hands, great head movement, and according to GSP the fastest reaction time he has ever seen. He's a nightmare for Conor.

Khabib, on the other hand, would probably be a nightmare for BJ. He actually has all the tools. Conor has one hand.
Nate would also beat the shit out of Prime BJ, you're deluded.

You have to be kidding me? I don’t think you actually watch BJ fight all that much. He had cardio issues Period watches fight with Nick Diaz. After about one round of just striking he was exhausted. Then he got the shit kicked out of him. Rory was mostly striking with him and he absolutely put a clinic on him for three rounds.

Yes, because BJ Penn at 170lbs fighting 170lb fighters is the same as BJ Penn at 155lbs fighting 155lb fighters. Really shows all the BJ Penn fights that you've watched. It's like you don't even use your brain while posting.

Prime BJ Penn would be licking Conor's blood off his gloves after he RNC'd him. It's funny that you think a 1 dimensional striker would absolutely beat one of more well rounded fighters of all time because of cardio that was never an issue at 155.

Yes, because BJ Penn at 170lbs fighting 170lb fighters is the same as BJ Penn at 155lbs fighting 155lb fighters. Really shows all the BJ Penn fights that you've watched. It's like you don't even use your brain while posting.

Prime BJ Penn would be licking Conor's blood off his gloves after he RNC'd him. It's funny that you think a 1 dimensional striker would absolutely beat one of more well rounded fighters of all time because of cardio that was never an issue at 155.

The 155 pound Penn that got a clinic put on him by Edgar twice? It took him almost 5 rounds to get rid of Diego Sanchez Dude. Diego was never elite. He was basically a punching bag with gallons of guts and heart. Conor is bigger, stronger, hits harder and is a better striker by far. Penn would get lit up.

"It's funny that you think a 1 dimensional striker would absolutely beat one of more well rounded fighters of all time"

This reads exactly like what I saw over and over before the Aldo fight.. Aldo is also a better striker than BJ..

BJ has only ever had cardio issues above LW. At LW, there has been no instance of him gassing, although he does seem to mentally check out when he’s behind.

He’d handle Conor easily and this is coming from a Conor fan.

Khabib is a different story and it all depends on the momentum that Khabib sets early in the fight. Khabib’s wrestling and strength is nothing BJ has not felt before.

The 155 pound Penn that got a clinic put on him by Edgar twice? It took him almost 5 rounds to get rid of Diego Sanchez Dude. Diego was never elite. He was basically a punching bag with gallons of guts and heart. Conor is bigger, stronger, hits harder and is a better striker by far. Penn would get lit up.

"It's funny that you think a 1 dimensional striker would absolutely beat one of more well rounded fighters of all time"

This reads exactly like what I saw over and over before the Aldo fight.. Aldo is also a better striker than BJ..

Aldo is a better striker but not a better boxer. There is a difference. Aldo got obsessed with boxing because of Conor’s head games.

BJ has better hands and head movement than Aldo. Plus, Aldo is more or less a striker. He’s a good grappler but prefers to stand. BJ is more willing to go to the ground.

Styles make fights.

Aldo is a better striker but not a better boxer. There is a difference. Aldo got obsessed with boxing because of Conor’s head games.

BJ has better hands and head movement than Aldo. Plus, Aldo is more or less a striker. He’s a good grappler but prefers to stand. BJ is more willing to go to the ground.

Styles make fights.

I don't see BJ dragging Conor to the ground for 2 reasons. 1) BJ is arrogant and would want to show he can strike with Conor. 2) Conor has better TDD than people give him credit for. It is not great, but it is solid. And Conor is not just a boxer, he has good leg kicks and throws creative strikes as well. BJ would come in with that 70 inch reach to Conor's 74 trying to throw hands for 3 or 5 rounds. Conor lights him up.

I don't see BJ dragging Conor to the ground for 2 reasons. 1) BJ is arrogant and would want to show he can strike with Conor. 2) Conor has better TDD than people give him credit for. It is not great, but it is solid. And Conor is not just a boxer, he has good leg kicks and throws creative strikes as well. BJ would come in with that 70 inch reach to Conor's 74 trying to throw hands for 3 or 5 rounds. Conor lights him up.

Except, when has B.J. done that? In the second fight against Pulver, he took him to the ground almost immediately. He didn’t have this mental complex that he had to prove himself against a striker that beat him last time.

Did he try to wrestle Sherk to prove that he was a better wrestler? B.J. always fought where the fight went. You’re just making stuff up because you actually don’t know him as a fighter.

Edit: more examples. Took Gomi and Ludwig down immediately and dominated them on the ground. Both considered two the fiercest strikers at the time.

Last edited:
Except, when has B.J. done that? In the second fight against Pulver, he took him to the ground almost immediately. He didn’t have this mental complex that he had to prove himself against a striker that beat him last time.

Did he try to wrestle Sherk to prove that he was a better wrestler? B.J. always fought where the fight went. You’re just making stuff up because you actually don’t know him as a fighter.

My Join date is 2007. You could go back to 2009 I was right here debating all the Penn fans about the GSP rematch where they said he was so much better everywhere. I have been debating the Penn fans on how overrated he is for a long time. All it took was a 20 second video of BJ shadow boxing with his shirt off a few years ago, and people went crazy saying he was going to maul Rory. Same arguments made. BJ is better everywhere will light up Rory on the feet blah blah.. BJ's fans for his whole career always carried this narrative that if BJ is motivated, he is unbeatable. But he had a lot of big fights, that should have motivated him plenty, and he came up short quite a bit. It is always the same thing.. His fans champion his skill set. Then the big fights happens and he lays an egg..

Last edited:

Yes, Edgar put on clinic on in the 1st fight against BJ, the same fight that most people think BJ won.

And it's hard to finish someone when they shoot for 27 takedowns in less than 5 rounds. Not only did he finish him, but Diego only landed 7 strikes. It's comical that you bring up this fight as it's some kind of negative for dominating a lesser fighter, but I'm sure you think the guy in your AV put on a masterful performance against Dan Hardy who was never elite.

And Aldo is not BJ Penn. BJ is the better wrestler, grappler, and has a WAY better chin. Conor would get taken down and finished.

Yes, Edgar put on clinic on in the 1st fight against BJ, the same fight that most people think BJ won.

He didn't..

And it's hard to finish someone when they shoot for 27 takedowns in less than 5 rounds. Not only did he finish him, but Diego only landed 7 strikes. It's comical that you bring up this fight as it's some kind of negative for dominating a lesser fighter, but I'm sure you think the guy in your AV put on a masterful performance against Dan Hardy who was never elite.

And Aldo is not BJ Penn. BJ is the better wrestler, grappler, and has a WAY better chin. Conor would get taken down and finished.

Dan Hardy smashes Diego I will tell you that much.. BJ and Aldo at 145. Aldo wins easy. Lights him up on the feet all day..

This post shows your hatred for Penn. Conor has solid TDD and leg kicks based on what exactly? You make things up to fit your narrative. We get it, you're a GSP fan, but you don't have to discredit BJ like he was never great

He didn't..

Dan Hardy smashes Diego I will tell you that much.. BJ and Aldo at 145. Aldo wins easy. Lights him up on the feet all day..

Lol cool, thanks for telling me your opinion. Doesn't change the fact that Dan Hardy was never elite.

And BJ beats Aldo at 155, what's your point?

This post shows your hatred for Penn. Conor has solid TDD and leg kicks based on what exactly? You make things up to fit your narrative. We get it, you're a GSP fan, but you don't have to discredit BJ like he was never great

Oh yeah I am not watching alright. Did you see the rematch with Nate when he lit up Nate with leg kicks and buckled his leg a few times in the fight? It was the main difference in the game plan. He is very creative and like Jones tries crazy strikes at times as well. Did it with Siver and Dustin.

No. Conor would have lit prime BJ on the feet and Khabib would have mauled prime BJ and stopped him.

People actually think BJ has better boxing than Conor.. Wow lol

My Join date is 2007. You could go back to 2009 I was right here debating all the Penn fans about the GSP rematch where they said he was so much better everywhere. I have been debating the Penn fans on how overrated he is for a long time. All it took was a 20 second video of BJ shadow boxing with his shirt off a few years ago, and people went crazy saying he was going to maul Rory. Same arguments made. BJ is better everywhere will light up Rory on the feet blah blah.. BJ's fans for his whole career having always carried this narrative that is BJ is motivated, he is unbeatable. But he had a lot of big fights, that should have motivated him plenty, and he came up short quite a bit. It is always the same thing Penn. His fans champion his skill set. Then the big fights happens and he lays on egg..

And there were times when his fans were absolutely right too. What does that say? You can’t nitpick one thing.

Fact is:

- BJ has only gassed when he’s not fighting at LW.

- BJ is not a comeback fighter. He checks out mentally when it’s not going his way. That’s BJ. He’s either completely dominating, or falling behind further and further.

- BJ is still one of the most well rounded fighters to this day. He had hands, he had wrestling, he had submissions and he has proved that in the cage.

- BJ has taken huge hits from some guys with good power. He has a chin. He’s not Alvarez, who gets dropped in every fight.

I’m a huge Conor fan but I can tell you that he has to catch BJ standing. If not, BJ mauls him. Conor does have wrestling and grappling skills but not on BJs level. Conor does gas at LW.

That’s just the facts.

I don´t think so, TS

his ego would make him lose

he´d try to box connor and get KTFO

he´d try to wrestle khabib and get KTFO

his ego has ruined a potential GOAT career

Back