Anyone else obsessed with pickles?

Yes it is. I have already graduated to fermentation using a lid with a airlock and a ball valve to remove air from the jar. And a digital PH meter to make sure my ferment reaches a ph under 4 within 3 - 4 days.

You're definitely a pickle enthusiast.

Yeah. Not going to lie it was entertaining back in the day to hear about whatever stupid shit he was doing but his story took a pretty dark turn. He went trans in like 2016 and later got arrested for incest with his 80 year old mom.

Holy shit, yeah that's pretty fuckin dark sir lmao

I have a friend that eats pickles for breakfast lunch and supper!!

Also cool fact is that pickles come from cucumbers!!

I absolutely blaze through pickles and am obsessed with them. I collect fermentation vessels (American earthenware pickling crocks, Japanese cedar tubs, Korean onggi, Chinese glass jars, etc.) and make everything from your standard sour dill and pickled onions to lacto-fermented pickles, kimchi, sauerkraut, nukazuke, ya cai, Indian pickled limes, fish sauce, rice wine...the list goes on​
Awesome! Any special website you go to for help?​

I have a friend that eats pickles for breakfast lunch and supper!!

Also cool fact is that pickles come from cucumbers!!
I like cucumbers
but they've never made me do that.

Not obsessed, but I have respect for the immune system boosting effects of pickled onions.
Can for sure tear up both, just not pickled ones on turkey day.​

Awesome! Any special website you go to for help?

I like cucumbers
but they've never made me do that.

No web site per se...I've done classes with Sander Katz, have several books on pickling, did a class in Japan, learned from a host family in China how to do Sichuan pickles, taught myself how to do kimchi based on Maagnchi's web site, volunteered at a pickle shop to learn the recipes, etc.

I just bought a jar of curried pickled cauliflower and habanero pickled carrots. Both were awesome but even though on sale, like mentioned fuckin expensive.

I found a recipe for each and will start jarring my own.

I got a Philly Cheese Steak at an American themed cafe here in Melbourne last week, pickles and pretzels on the size, the pickles were epic

No web site per se...I've done classes with Sander Katz, have several books on pickling, did a class in Japan, learned from a host family in China how to do Sichuan pickles, taught myself how to do kimchi based on Maagnchi's web site, volunteered at a pickle shop to learn the recipes, etc.
Killer background, thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back