Anyone else obsessed with pickles?

Anyone know how or why?

Anyone know why this helps ?​

"People may assume athletes drink pickle juice to boost their levels of electrolytes, but that’s not the case — the effect is due to the acid in the brine triggering a nerve reflex in the throat and happens before the pickle juice even hits the stomach, he notes.

“When the acid enters the mouth and it splashes the back of the throat, there is a nerve receptor there that is sensitive to acid. When that receptor fires, it communicates down the spinal cord where the cramp is happening,” Tapper tells TODAY.com"

Not obsessed, but I have respect for the immune system boosting effects of pickled onions.

"People may assume athletes drink pickle juice to boost their levels of electrolytes, but that’s not the case — the effect is due to the acid in the brine triggering a nerve reflex in the throat and happens before the pickle juice even hits the stomach, he notes.

“When the acid enters the mouth and it splashes the back of the throat, there is a nerve receptor there that is sensitive to acid. When that receptor fires, it communicates down the spinal cord where the cramp is happening,” Tapper tells TODAY.com"
Thanks - Electrolytes are other than salts?

Potassium, sodium, magnesium nutrients.
Thank you.

I absolutely blaze through pickles and am obsessed with them. I collect fermentation vessels (American earthenware pickling crocks, Japanese cedar tubs, Korean onggi, Chinese glass jars, etc.) and make everything from your standard sour dill and pickled onions to lacto-fermented pickles, kimchi, sauerkraut, nukazuke, ya cai, Indian pickled limes, fish sauce, rice wine...the list goes on.

If a day goes by where I don't have something fermented or pickled, I'm a cranky sumbitch.

My opinion of people who dislike pickles is the same as my opinion of people who dislike chilies. Subhuman untermenschen who should be purged from the gene pool.

Heres 4 pounds of Kirby's in a Gallon Jar im fermenting at around 67F in a cupboard in my dining room. Im using a Easy Fermenter XL lid/jar that extracts all the air out of the jar with a hand pump so their is no Kahm yeast, or mold growth. Im shooting for 14-18 day ferment for full sours.
This is day 3.
20231120_204640.jpg

Now im glad I don't know about him lol
Yeah. Not going to lie it was entertaining back in the day to hear about whatever stupid shit he was doing but his story took a pretty dark turn. He went trans in like 2016 and later got arrested for incest with his 80 year old mom.

hi, my name is @Sara & I love gas station pickles =)

tommy-pickles-rugrats.gif

Back