Anyone else feel like Tony vs. Khabib will look just like…

Think it's great fight, I don't see anyone else beating either one at the moment.

A hypejob doesn't necessarily mean that someone sucks you know??? He's won the fights they've put in front of him sure, but he's nearly always getting his ass kicked in the proccess and clearly isn't the demigod that people make him out to be. Khabib will badly expose his nonexistent wrestling. My God, he wrrestles like a pure jiu-jitsu bum. Flops to his back nothing more. Him fighting Khabib will look like a pitbull mauling its chew toy.

Yes. Staph Infected Kevin Lee was imposing his will on Tony before he gassed. He even had a full mount. Can you imagine what The Eagle would do if he had a full mount? Tony's corner would immediately throw in the towel.

Khabib will manhandle Tony and it won't be close.

Barring a flying knee, elbow, or some other flash KO, Tony has NOTHING for Khabib.

Tony has an impressive win-streak, but it is like a house of cards. Arlovski too had an impressive win streak recently.
Khabib does not need full mount, infact, he is more dangerous without it. Full mount used to be the end all be all, but Khabib it's showing us a new level to the G'N'P game, where he will sacrifice full mount for his half guard game: here, he can stand up, keep you pinned, smushed against the fence, and generate full force punches with his opponents trying their hardest to play checkers as he plays chess.

You sound like a fuckin moron. Tony, the epitome of a hypejob? He's on a 10fight win streak, which happens to be the longest streak ever at LW. Guess you already knew that though. Keep dreamin...

Response above...Sorry forgot to put your quote in my original response.

A hypejob doesn't necessarily mean that someone sucks you know??? He's won the fights they've put in front of him sure, but he's nearly always getting his ass kicked in the proccess and clearly isn't the demigod that people make him out to be. Khabib will badly expose his nonexistent wrestling. My God, he wrrestles like a pure jiu-jitsu bum. Flops to his back nothing more. Him fighting Khabib will look like a pitbull mauling its chew toy.
Call me crazy, but I think it will be Khabib's easiest fight to date, based on styles. People that think Tony will mount a bottom game know nothing about Khabib's top control. Then, after said mauling, people will be hysterical and think because Khabib mauled Tony that he will maul McG, but their games are absolutely nothing alike and McGregor is the near ideal style to atleast give Khabib problems early on. I would certainly favor Khabib vs McGregor, but stylistically, I think McGregor is his hardest match up @ 155, as all other grapplers will get smooshed and "RDA'd".

Absolutely, only person at LW who can and will stop Khabib is Alvarez. Tony is the epitome of a hypejob. What happened to LW fighters who knew how to wrestle. Seriously, it's like they don't even try.

"Alvarez beat Khabib"
"Tony is hypejob"

Let me guess... Colin Mcgregor fanboy????

I think there will be a lot of ragdolling but not to bolivian. The fight doesnt turn when you take tony down, he's still very much in it. He'l make khabib work and hurt him from the bottom. And he has a dangerous sub game.

Of course im picking khabib to win but this will most likely be a bloody war and a phenomenal fight.

I agree about the Tony fight. Khabib will make Tony look like a joke because Tony refuses to learn any kind of defensive wrestling. People in here overlooking Tony's glaring weakness will be sitting there with their mouths agape when Tony gets pummeled into a pathetic heap while people like you and me will just be like "I told you so". I can't wait to see the odds on this fight. It won't be close at all.

Disagree on McGregor though. Think Khabib eats his lunch too.

Call me crazy, but I think it will be Khabib's easiest fight to date, based on styles. People that think Tony will mount a bottom game know nothing about Khabib's top control. Then, after said mauling, people will be hysterical and think because Khabib mauled Tony that he will maul McG, but their games are absolutely nothing alike and McGregor is the near ideal style to atleast give Khabib problems early on. I would certainly favor Khabib vs McGregor, but stylistically, I think McGregor is his hardest match up @ 155, as all other grapplers will get smooshed and "RDA'd".

Replied. I keep not included quotes in my original post. It's above though...

Just based on the tough first round Tony had with Kevin Lee, yes. Khabib smash.

Battle for the fake championship entails a match against the champ champ.

And yes.
10 fight win streak and 9 fight win streak in lightweight division battle for the real championship since champ who is 1-0 in lightweight is fucked his mind up with money.

And no.He gets murked against both two.He has a puncher's chance.

Fergy is going to surprise a ton of people in this fight.

Khabib has no chance standing with Tony, at all. Not even a punchers chance due to Fergy chin and grit.

Khabib's best bet will be his ground game like everyone knows, but el Cucuy is a ninja on the ground as well. This is a true test for Khabib and I think he'll get mauled.

You are going to need to point out the Recent Tony fights that justify this position.

Tony is not a very technical stand-up fighter. Tony does not really piece up his opponents. Nor does he have power. Tony is not known for KO'ing people. Tony gets hit - a lot - in his fights.

The stand-up in their fights will be pretty even, perhaps eve with Khabib having a slight advantage due to the respect Tony will have to show for the takedown.

Tony's best chance to win is by sub. He is good at suba and is very opportunistic. Tony also has outstanding cardio, and is great at scrambles. So Khabib will need to be careful for the entire fight. But I think Khabibs positional dominance is just so formidable that Tony will not manage to get a sub.

Possible, or Khabib could get caught in a sub. So the likelihood is yes, but with a small percentage of Khabib getting subbed. Other than that, no virtual difference. Tony's striking isn't anything Khabib hasn't faced before.

Tony is not a very technical stand-up fighter. Tony does not really piece up his opponents. Nor does he have power. Tony is not known for KO'ing people. Tony gets hit - a lot - in his fights.
That paragraph proves my point.

The RDA, Barboza, and Lando fight are examples of Khabib not even having a punchers chance against Tony.

Plus Khabib got clipped by MJ and was rocked, so he will be in trouble if Fergy lands a big shot or an elbow.

Few things to consider:

1. It's a five round fight
2. Tony has great cardio and durability
3. Tony's more slick on the ground than Barboza

I think Khabib will win, but if it goes into the later rounds, I expect Tony to still be there, looking crazy.

That paragraph proves my point.

The RDA, Barboza, and Lando fight are examples of Khabib not even having a punchers chance against Tony.

Plus Khabib got clipped by MJ and was rocked, so he will be in trouble if Fergy lands a big shot or an elbow.

No. No one Tony fights is in trouble when Tony hits them. He beats them in other ways.

No. No one Tony fights is in trouble when Tony hits them. He beats them in other ways.
Are you kidding me? A fighter doesn't have to have one punch KO power to be dangerous standing. Fergy has fast hands and nasty elbows that are more dangerous than someone with KO power.

Back