Anyone else feel like Tony vs. Khabib will look just like…

Absolutely, only person at LW who can and will stop Khabib is Alvarez. Tony is the epitome of a hypejob. What happened to LW fighters who knew how to wrestle. Seriously, it's like they don't even try.

10 fight win streak is a hypejob?

Khabib wins by 3rd or 4th round TKO while getting cut up by elbows early.

Tony does not beat people with his stand-up. Period. He does not intimidate or damage anyone decent he fights on the feet. At all. Ever. Not with one punch and not with 50. Not with his hands and not with his elbows.

He is a busy fighter with excellent cardio, great scrambles, and is very opportunistic with his subs. He wins by getting submissions and by grinding out decisions based not just on his high activity, but by maintaining that high activity level for the entire fight. That's rare. There is nothing wrong with that. But sorry, Tony does not have particularly good stand-up. He just doesn't.

Go back and watch his fights. If you finding him piecing someone up, it is almost always in the deep water and his opponents are fucking exhausted. That's not dangerous stand-up. That's dangerous cardio. Maybe only 4-5 people in UFC history have had the kind of cardio Tony has.

I generally agree with you assessment, however Tony does have quite a few early KO/TKOs earlier in his career. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

I think that could be the deciding factor. We don't know if Khabib can keep up his high energy style of fighting for 5 rounds. I'm not saying he can't I'm just saying I don't know if he can, and if he can't then he's probably going to be in trouble.
A style like that that uses lots of energy and strength rather than fluidity and technique seem to not go past 3. If he does I would be shocked, but tony has a style that can melt traditionally good cardio (rda ex.)

Tony does not beat people with his stand-up. Period. He does not intimidate or damage anyone decent he fights on the feet. At all. Ever. Not with one punch and not with 50. Not with his hands and not with his elbows.

He is a busy fighter with excellent cardio, great scrambles, and is very opportunistic with his subs. He wins by getting submissions and by grinding out decisions based not just on his high activity, but by maintaining that high activity level for the entire fight. That's rare. There is nothing wrong with that. But sorry, Tony does not have particularly good stand-up. He just doesn't.

Go back and watch his fights. If you finding him piecing someone up, it is almost always in the deep water and his opponents are fucking exhausted. That's not dangerous stand-up. That's dangerous cardio. Maybe only 4-5 people in UFC history have had the kind of cardio Tony has.
That’s absolute bull shit. Tony is not a striking savant, but he is dangerous. Not dangerous in that he can catch you with a 1 punch ko, but dangerous in that he can catch you with an array of different attacks. Admittedly none of them typically ko, but he stuns plenty of his opponents. He loses the first round always, we know that. But he beat rda, barboza, etc on the feet after he got settled. Pretending he doesn’t have good stand up is terminally naive.

That’s absolute bull shit. Tony is not a striking savant, but he is dangerous. Not dangerous in that he can catch you with a 1 punch ko, but dangerous in that he can catch you with an array of different attacks. Admittedly none of them typically ko, but he stuns plenty of his opponents. He loses the first round always, we know that. But he beat rda, barboza, etc on the feet after he got settled. Pretending he doesn’t have good stand up is terminally naive.

The problem is that if Tony concedes the first round to Khabib, what happens? He'll get an ass whopping he can't recover from. Tony is resilient, but nobody survives get pounded for 1 round and then somehow emerges with their takedown defense intact.

Once again we have another dimwit who is triggered by the word "hypejob" and doesn't read what I actually posted. Yes, he is a hypejob because people are putting him on a lofty platform and they refuse to admit that he has any flaws at all. Sorry, that is being hyped up. It amazes me that I have to explain this especially coming off of the Francis NGotNoGrappling fight with Stipe. Francis was a guy who had shown that yes, he had power but we knew next to nothing else about his game, and people were hailing him as the new Cesar. He then met Stipe, and we quickly found out that besides power, the rest of his game was sorely lacking.

In Tony's case we KNOW what he lacks (wrestling) and yet you idiots are still acting as though he is some sort of major test for Khabib. How the hell does someone with NO DEFENSIVE WRESTLING TO SPEAK OF provide any sort of roadblock to the title for Khabib? Khabib has proven that people who can't sprawl or refuse to get off the bottom and favor trying to throw up subs from their back, will quickly be beaten into the ground like a damn railroad tie. Again, why are you idiots screaming about his gaudy 10 fight win streak??? You act like it can never be ended and he can never be exposed because he's won 10 fights in a row. Lol, are you new to combat sports? There are many fighters who've had long win streaks and go on to get thoroughly embarrassed. Hell, look at boxing even. The name Prince Naseem ring a bell to you? Everyone lauded him for his style and hyped and hyped him up and he beat good fighters on the way up and then something happened---Marco Antonio Barrera. He was embarrassed so badly that he ended up retiring after. A win streak means nothing. It doesn't mean that you are an invincible demigod who can't be beat so stop using that as the basis of your argument!

The problem is that if Tony concedes the first round to Khabib, what happens? He'll get an ass whopping he can't recover from. Tony is resilient, but nobody survives get pounded for 1 round and then somehow emerging with their takedown defense intact.
Tony took heavy gnp from lee no problem. Many guys have gotten up after 1 round with khabib. Guys with much worse gas tank. You are right, that’s a factor, but that really has nothing to do with what I said.

Once again we have another dimwit who is triggered by the word "hypejob" and doesn't read what I actually posted. Yes, he is a hypejob because people are putting him on a lofty platform and they refuse to admit that he has any flaws at all. Sorry, that is being hyped up. It amazes me that I have to explain this especially coming off of the Francis NGotNoGrappling fight with Stipe. Francis was a guy who had shown that yes, he had power but we knew next to nothing else about his game, and people were hailing him as the new Cesar. He then met Stipe, and we quickly found out that besides power, the rest of his game was sorely lacking.

In Tony's case we KNOW what he lacks (wrestling) and yet you idiots are still acting as though he is some sort of major test for Khabib. How the hell does someone with NO DEFENSIVE WRESTLING TO SPEAK OF provide any sort of roadblock to the title for Khabib? Khabib has proven that people who can't sprawl or refuse to get off the bottom and favor trying to throw up subs from their back, will quickly be beaten into the ground like a damn railroad tie. Again, why are you idiots screaming about his gaudy 10 fight win streak??? You act like it can never be ended and he can never be exposed because he's won 10 fights in a row. Lol, are you new to combat sports? There are many fighters who've had long win streaks and go on to get thoroughly embarrassed. Hell, look at boxing even. The name Prince Naseem ring a bell to you? Everyone lauded him for his style and hyped and hyped him up and he beat good fighters on the way up and then something happened---Marco Antonio Barrera. He was embarrassed so badly that he ended up retiring after. A win streak means nothing. It doesn't mean that you are an invincible demigod who can't be beat so stop using that as the basis of your argument!
Comparing tony to ngannou is literally insane. He’s a collegiate wrestler and black belt. He has wrestling.

A rouse to khabib correlation is much closer to reality,

Now get triggered

Tony took heavy gnp from lee no problem. Many guys have gotten up after 1 round with khabib. Guys with much worse gas tank. You are right, that’s a factor, but that really has nothing to do with what I said.

Ehh...Lee is not Khabib. Khabib's style is that he takes you downhill and you get rolled. If Tony gives up the 1st round i don't see how he comes back from that.

Ehh...Lee is not Khabib. Khabib's style is that he takes you downhill and you get rolled. If Tony gives up the 1st round i don't see how he comes back from that.
We will have to see. No one khabib has faced has Ferguson’s ground game. The closest may be rda? But he is not a bottom fighter like tony. This is a complicated fight. This is not a rock paper scissor match up

I think it revolves around how proficient Tony can be with his jab. We've seen him fall back to it in the Lando fight when he was getting tagged all round 1. Then came out Rd 2 pumping a long range jab that kept Lando out of range while racking up good damage. If he can pump that jab onkhabib any time he tries to engage and land some good shots around the nose and eyes and get him swelling and bleeding. Tony could turn it in his favor. But yeah if khabib breaks kthat range barrier and gets the tie up think it's khabibs fight to lose. He rarely sits in guard and will break down Tony's posture anytime he attempts sweeps or position changes from bottom. Which.means I don't know if his fabled anaconda choke will come into play

Conor sleeps both inside two, doesn't matter.

Yeah, just stop.

Conor's a diva.

Until he actually fights again, please stop from saying he'd "sleep" anyone.

It's obnoxious.

Khabib tends to be one of the more objective fighters on the roster when it comes to self analysis or analysis of his opponents. If Khabib thinks something is up, he just says it.

He doesn't seem to think that he'll have much trouble with either Tony or Conor. I truly think that if Khabib thought that they posed a genuine threat that he would say so (i.e. before he fought Horcher, he made a point to mention that he wouldn't stand with him since he has a "good left punch" and subsequently grappled with him for the entirety of the fight as promised) which leads me to believe that they really don't pose a threat.

Tony doesn't have the TDD to stop Khabib's takedowns, nor does he have the power in his strikes to really make him respect him enough to not just plow forward and grab him.

Khabib is the best grappler in the division, and possibly the entire roster, so people hoping for a Tony sub are being a little unrealistic.

Comparing tony to ngannou is literally insane. He’s a collegiate wrestler and black belt. He has wrestling.

A rouse to khabib correlation is much closer to reality,

Now get triggered

No, he doesn't have wrestling. Prove what fights he has shown the wrestling needed to sprawl or get off the bottom of Khabib??? He hasn't shown it, period. You also need to learn how analogies work. You emotional whinny bitches are the ones getting triggered, that's why you won't bring facts to the table when numerous people point out the holes in Fergusons "perfect" game. All you Fergusonophiles do is post memes or say we are wrong. Funny, you won't point out why with any facts. If we don't bow down at the feet and worship him like some bizarre idol the way you blind know-nothings do we're "crazy", "Conor fan boys", (insert any other "insult" that has literally zero to do with the facts we've brought to to table). I don't get triggered, I respond with facts--something you and the other Ferguson backers clearly know nothing about.

No, he doesn't have wrestling. Prove what fights he has shown the wrestling needed to sprawl or get off the bottom of Khabib??? He hasn't shown it, period. You also need to learn how analogies work. You emotional whinny bitches are the ones getting triggered, that's why you won't bring facts to the table when numerous people point out the holes in Fergusons "perfect" game. All you Fergusonophiles do is post memes or say we are wrong. Funny, you won't point out why with any facts. If we don't bow down at the feet and worship him like some bizarre idol the way you blind know-nothings do we're "crazy", "Conor fan boys", (insert any other "insult" that has literally zero to do with the facts we've brought to to table). I don't get triggered, I respond with facts--something you and the other Ferguson backers clearly know nothing about.
So I’m wrong because I haven’t shown you footage that you can look up for yourself? And you’re right because you haven’t shown footage to prove your point? And I’m triggered because you are ranting about whiny bitches and fergusonophiles?

Let the bodies hit the FLOOOOoR! This boy is triggggg333333rrrrr

Khabib is going to fuck Tony and there’s absolutely nothing he will be able to do about it

#nohomo

Khabib tends to be one of the more objective fighters on the roster when it comes to self analysis or analysis of his opponents. If Khabib thinks something is up, he just says it.

He doesn't seem to think that he'll have much trouble with either Tony or Conor. I truly think that if Khabib thought that they posed a genuine threat that he would say so (i.e. before he fought Horcher, he made a point to mention that he wouldn't stand with him since he has a "good left punch" and subsequently grappled with him for the entirety of the fight as promised) which leads me to believe that they really don't pose a threat.

Tony doesn't have the TDD to stop Khabib's takedowns, nor does he have the power in his strikes to really make him respect him enough to not just plow forward and grab him.

Khabib is the best grappler in the division, and possibly the entire roster, so people hoping for a Tony sub are being a little unrealistic.

Khabib has actually said on multiple occasions that he has to be careful with Tony's awkwardness and elbows....so you're right, Khabib is definitely a very self-aware and high IQ fighter. And i do agree, his confidence is through the roof. I think Tony fakes a lot of his confidence but Khabib's is the real deal.

That said, Tony's chip on his shoulder can't be underestimated.

So I’m wrong because I haven’t shown you footage that you can look up for yourself? And you’re right because you haven’t shown footage to prove your point? And I’m triggered because you are ranting about whiny bitches and fergusonophiles?

Let the bodies hit the FLOOOOoR! This boy is triggggg333333rrrrr

Nope, because you and the other Ferguson backers always fly off the handle when he is called hypejob and get all emotional like women do when their PMSing. When facts are brought to the table you dance around them and keep up with your stream of emotionalism. I have stated time and time again that Ferguson doesn't have defensive wrestling and you bums dance around it because you know it's true. Don't try to turn this around on me as if I'm being the one who is approaching this like a spurned lover. Now I've said what I have to say and won't engage you further. You've proven that being rational isn't what are interested in or inclined towards as your immature response here further proves.

Back