Anybody else think Joanna is better then Rose, but was just weight drained?

Lost twice to Rose. No, she’s not better. Delusional posters on this forum are getting more and more retarded.

Lol....all was good when she was kicking ass...now she was "weight drained".

Lol....come on son.

Rose beat that ass twice and tonight shes getting stomped most likely.

Mostly because Rose was the first fighter with good standup and power to test her chin. Cutting weight depletes your ability to take a punch. This is a scientifically indisputable fact.

Who else did JJ fight that could test her chin? She fought Andrade before Andrade really made huge strides on her striking & power. The simple fact is, she could have had a weak chin the entire time, but it was really never exposed.

@elanimalsantana OK dipshit.

You really believe Khabib cutting 5-10 more pounds than the other 155ers is fair? He's ducking 170. Accept it.

Just wait until Khabib is eventually forced to move up to 170 and gets WRECKED. I hope the mods ban all of you Khabib supporters. You're the worst cancer we've ever had here.

So Jo wins all her other fights at this weight, but just happens to be weight drained the two times she fights Rose? Definitely makes more sense than Rose just being better.

Mostly because Rose was the first fighter with good standup and power to test her chin. Cutting weight depletes your ability to take a punch. This is a scientifically indisputable fact.

Who else did JJ fight that could test her chin? She fought Andrade before Andrade really made huge strides on her striking & power. The simple fact is, she could have had a weak chin the entire time, but it was really never exposed.

Your argument only makes sense if Rose barely touched her in the first fight and JJ just went down. The reality is Rose hit her square on the button twice, cutting or no cutting she was going down

Your argument only makes sense if Rose barely touched her in the first fight and JJ just went down. The reality is Rose hit her square on the button twice, cutting or no cutting she was going down

No, my argument is that the same punch Rose landed wouldn't have the same effect if Joanna had to weigh in at 120 rather than 115.

No, my argument is that the same punch Rose landed wouldn't have the same effect if Joanna had to weigh in at 120 rather than 115.

I don't know about that. When you get hit square on the button like that, not sure if weighing in at 5 pound heavier would make that much of a difference.

Technically Joanna is a better fighter then Namajunas...I feel like she was just weight drained, which is why her energy and chin were no good @ 115.

Who else agrees?

No, Rose is more along the lines of a Jon Jones. She's unpredictable. Weird movement, and will throw things at odd times. That's what makes her so tough. Joanna is a strict Thai fighter, there's no mystery to her game, but technically she's solid. Rose is an enigma, that's why Joanna has a hard time with her.

Lastly, Joanna fans are starting to sound like McNugget fans. You're grasping at straws. Rose is the better fighter. Deal with it, and move on with your life.

Posters' that don't know the difference between than and then shouldn't be allowed to post. Dumbass.

If it had only happened once, then I might agree. But I think Rose has her number (though the second fight was fairly close).

Having said that, I do think JJ is better equipped to deal with the wrestlers in the division. I think Andrade and Gadelha both control and defeat Rose.

I don't agree at all. Rose is extremely slick on the ground and has fantastic throws. She has a complete MMA game, that's what makes her so dangerous.

I agree. I think Joanna is an in-betweener, like Conor McGregor. Joanna's perfect weight class would be 120 pounds, just like Conor would be the king of 150.

10 pounds between weight classes is too much. A 5 pound weight difference can decide a fight between two evenly matched, elite fighters.

Valentina is just too big for Joanna at 125. That 5 pound weight advantage is gonna decide the fight IMO.

Nuthuggers - the mental gymnastics you people go to to make a case for some of these fighters is hilarious. "Conor would be the king of 150." If Conor went to 150, Khabib could easily drop five pounds and kick his ass there as well.

i think joanna is a better fighter, and much more skilled than rose.

rose just has good power at 115 and obviously improved a lot, and joanna lacks power and is kinda chinny.

personally i had the 2nd fight for joanna.

Sherdog overwhelmingly hates Joanna because she has confidence. The truth is, the second fight was extremely close and did actually prove that the first fight being a KO was fluke-ish.

I don't know about that. When you get hit square on the button like that, not sure if weighing in at 5 pound heavier would make that much of a difference.

You don't know anything about cutting weight then. 5 lbs on its own isn't much. 5 lbs more after a 20 lbs cut is a fucking LOT.

Technically Joanna is a better fighter then Namajunas...I feel like she was just weight drained, which is why her energy and chin were no good @ 115.

Who else agrees?

I respectfully disagree. Joanna had a very see-through plan of attack for Rose in both fights, and Rose was able to avoid Joanna’s offense and deliver her own in a superior way.

If anything, one could argue that Gadelha’s cardio, more so than her skill, is what failed her in both the Joanna fights.

No -,Rose has been train8ng with proper camp and men for sometime now. It's called evolving and that she has.I mean, her second fight proved it as she stood with JJ and got the better ..... regardless of weight, JJ a world class and experienced fighter.Im not buying weight cut for a moment.
I'll tell you what, she comes in tonight "undrained" like she claims and pulls off upset or even loses in a razor thin decision, I'll be fair ....look back and re-think

what're you even talking about lmao, the andrade that fought joanna is still the same andrade as her last 3 fights.

and anyone who paid attention to joanna's fights could tell she was kinda chinny, getting dropped by gadelha twice (one was off a jab too if i remember correctly), getting hurt by karolina.

I think Rose has improved more than people realize. I think only a strong wrestler type beats her

No.
I think she lost twice because Rose is a bad matchup for her and has her number. Joanna might be better against other fighters but head to head down 0-2.

With that said, the second decision could have gone Joanna's way. And if Rose hadn't KO'd her in the first fight it would likely have been a UD for Joanna with her getting every round based on the perception people had of her as a champion.

Anyway, yeah, head to head Rose is better.

@elanimalsantana OK dipshit.

You really believe Khabib cutting 5-10 more pounds than the other 155ers is fair? He's ducking 170. Accept it.

Just wait until Khabib is eventually forced to move up to 170 and gets WRECKED. I hope the mods ban all of you Khabib supporters. You're the worst cancer we've ever had here.
Hey dipshit, if he makes weight it's fair. Simple as that. If you don't like it go cry yourself to sleep and grow a pair.
34gvgva.png

Back