Anybody else think Joanna is better then Rose, but was just weight drained?

nope, it's a case of striker meets grappler (with decent striking themselves).

Plus Joanna is super technical, but Rose's unorthodox style fucks with her mind a bit. Kinda like how TJ Dillishaw looks like he could be KTFO with how open he leaves himself as he moves, but it throws off fighters for brief moments.

True, she would have won if she didn’t lose. Twice.

Mostly because Rose was the first fighter with good standup and power to test her chin. Cutting weight depletes your ability to take a punch. This is a scientifically indisputable fact.

Who else did JJ fight that could test her chin? She fought Andrade before Andrade really made huge strides on her striking & power. The simple fact is, she could have had a weak chin the entire time, but it was really never exposed.

Wtf are you talking about? Joanna fought and beat prime Andrade not some young fresh off the boat fighter.... and Joanna was robbed in the re-match some seriously deluded narratives trying to be pushed here.

It was a tongue in cheek joke inferring your example had nothing to do with what I said. I actually have an IQ of 359 when I'm not even focused. You don't want this. I am a navy seal ranger terminator assassin

Yes what a perfect example. A KO finish with multiple knockdowns is a great example of what you were trying to say in regards to a close decision in a different weight division.

So jokes aside, you don't think Joanna vs Rose 2 was a close fight? Bc if so, then what the hell are you quoting me for lmao

Ah you've turned to 'humorous' hyperbole instead of childish name calling. Doesn't get you out of it I'm afraid. You did say i was illiterate, just admit it and move on.

I stated quite clearly my exact thought process and point a few replies ago. Fight stats and volume of punches don't necessarily correctly identify a winner of a fight.

Invoking overall fight stats without reference to the actual scoring system of mma is pretty useless. Whether it's because a TKO or the 10 point must system, that point remains unchanged.

If you had linked fight stats in relation to the 10 point system, you could have saved us all this hassle.

Anyhoo, I'm off to pick up my drunk girlfriend and her friends, so I'll be missing the main event. Enjoy watching it.

Wtf are you talking about? Joanna fought and beat prime Andrade not some young fresh off the boat fighter.... and Joanna was robbed in the re-match some seriously deluded narratives trying to be pushed here.

She lost 3 rounds so nah....

Ah you've turned to 'humorous' hyperbole instead of childish name calling. Doesn't get you out of it I'm afraid. You did say i was illiterate, just admit it and move on.

I stated quite clearly my exact thought process and point a few replies ago. Fight stats and volume of punches don't necessarily correctly identify a winner of a fight.

Invoking overall fight stats without reference to the actual scoring system of mma is pretty useless. Whether it's because a TKO or the 10 point must system, that point remains unchanged.

If you had linked fight stats in relation to the 10 point system, you could have saved us all this hassle.

Anyhoo, I'm off to pick up my drunk girlfriend and her friends, so I'll be missing the main event. Enjoy watching it.

Lol if it hurts your feelings that much smart guy then sure.

So what was the point? It said in the original post I posted that I won't say Joanna won but the stats clearly show it was close. Let me know when you show me where I was wrong instead of crying "stats don't mean everything!" To somebody who didn't use stats to claim a winner one way or the other.

I'm looking forward to a third goodbye from you.

JJ is better than Rose who has beaten nobody other than JJ. Good KO in the first fight but it was an anomaly, she clearly lost the rematch. And she'll have 1 title defense in her first year and a half as champion while JJ had already defended her title 4 times after she first won it. People are just blinded by hate when it comes to Joanna.

She lost the first fight to the weight cut, little doubt about that now but Rose's win in the rematch was legit.

Lol if it hurts your feelings that much smart guy then sure.

So what was the point? It said in the original post I posted that I won't say Joanna won but the stats clearly show it was close. Let me know when you show me where I was wrong instead of crying "stats don't mean everything!" To somebody who didn't use stats to claim a winner one way or the other.

I'm looking forward to a third goodbye from you.

Using LOL in a post is usually a sign of admission you were wrong. Seriously, it's not a good look.

I stated quite clearly and i will do so again, that the outcome of a fight (not the winner, the outcome) is not based on overall fight stats, its based on the scoring system of the sport.

Using the overall stats without relating to the scoring system is pointless. Forrest Griffin got demolished into a drooling mess who ran out the arena, and the stats said he won.

Pulling the total stats out to infer the result of indeed the closeness of a result, was and is not only inane but usually to done so to help invoke a bias.

My girlfriends drunk mates showed more ability to reason than you have.

Now this is your final goodbye. The main event is starting.

Using LOL in a post is usually a sign of admission you were wrong. Seriously, it's not a good look.

I stated quite clearly and i will do so again, that the outcome of a fight (not the winner, the outcome) is not based on overall fight stats, its based on the scoring system of the sport.

Using the overall stats without relating to the scoring system is pointless. Forrest Griffin got demolished into a drooling mess who ran out the arena, and the stats said he won.

Pulling the total stats out to infer the result of indeed the closeness of a result, was and is not only inane but usually to done so to help invoke a bias.

My girlfriends drunk mates showed more ability to reason than you have.

Now this is your final goodbye. The main event is starting.

So was it a close fight or not? I would say you not answering means you think it was a close fight lol

Rose winning a decision where she was statistically outworked shows how close of a fight it was lol Do you disagree that that's the picture it paints? Lol

You can type these novels about how you have a girlfriend all you want lol but you dance around making this such a simple discussion with simple back and forths. Instead you drag it out to make yourself feel smart it's painfully obvious.

Let's see if you don't answer my question again lol Looking forward to a fourth goodbye from you lol

So was it a close fight or not? I would say you not answering means you think it was a close fight lol

Rose winning a decision where she was statistically outworked shows how close of a fight it was lol Do you disagree that that's the picture it paints? Lol

You can type these novels about how you have a girlfriend all you want lol but you dance around making this such a simple discussion with simple back and forths. Instead you drag it out to make yourself feel smart it's painfully obvious.

Let's see if you don't answer my question again lol Looking forward to a fourth goodbye from you lol

It wasn't a close fight in regards to round scoring. It was 49-46 on all scorecards.

However its irrelevant as i never said it was or wasn't. I argued that your logic was flawed, not that your conclusion was wrong.

You seem desperate to build a straw man and do everything you can to suggest that I said it wasn't a close fight.

I didn't, what I actually i said was that your 'logic' and way of determining whether it was close or not is hugely flawed.

Your reasoning and logic paints Griffin as the winner against Silva.

You are merely now trying to argue that if you achieved the correct answer through flawed logic your logic wasn't flawed.

That's clearly incorrect.

That's what i said, so keep avoiding addressing that all you like.

It wasn't a close fight in regards to round scoring. It was 49-46 on all scorecards.

However its irrelevant as i never said it was or wasn't. I argued that your logic was flawed, not that your conclusion was wrong.

You seem desperate to build a straw man and do everything you can to suggest that I said it wasn't a close fight.

I didn't, what I actually i said was that your 'logic' and way of determining whether it was close or not is hugely flawed.

Your reasoning and logic paints Griffin as the winner against Silva.

You are merely now trying to argue that if you achieved the correct answer through flawed logic your logic wasn't flawed.

That's clearly incorrect.

That's what i said, so keep avoiding addressing that all you like.

Viewing all of the stats would show something very different in Silva vs Griffin. The finish, multiple knockdowns, and most of all actually watching the fight.

Stats aren't everything but they aren't just nothing. They are used not as the deciding factor of it being a close fight (never used it to determine a winner in the first place so never used that logic) by themselves but in conjunction with how the fight went down. Each round was very close and it was a very close fight. The stats show it, the fight showed it, and everyone agreed it was.

What are you even saying anymore?

Goodjob stats don't always paint an accurate picture in every fight. I'm glad you learned that and are able to express that. Please tell me why you have to write the longest responses to saying the simplest shit.

Griffin vs Silva has nothing to do with JJ vs Joanna. There stats are completely different, the fights were completely different, the outcomes were completely different, it was a terrible example to a mediocre point you used to make yourself feel smart coupled with these cringe worthy phrases you include in your posts being super extra.

You still owe me a forth goodbye. Your self control is weaker than your urge to feel smart lol

Technically Joanna is a better fighter then Namajunas...I feel like she was just weight drained, which is why her energy and chin were no good @ 115.

Who else agrees?

she's obviously a lot bigger than namajunes, so the weight cut could've affected her. However, she went 5 rounds in the 2nd fight, didn't look drained and still lost. In a 5 round fight with no KOs or submissions, the better fighter is going to win.

Third fight with Rose at catchweight 120 pounds would be interresting.

Viewing all of the stats would show something very different in Silva vs Griffin. The finish, multiple knockdowns, and most of all actually watching the fight.

Stats aren't everything but they aren't just nothing. They are used not as the deciding factor of it being a close fight (never used it to determine a winner in the first place so never used that logic) by themselves but in conjunction with how the fight went down. Each round was very close and it was a very close fight. The stats show it, the fight showed it, and everyone agreed it was.

What are you even saying anymore?

Goodjob stats don't always paint an accurate picture in every fight. I'm glad you learned that and are able to express that. Please tell me why you have to write the longest responses to saying the simplest shit.

Griffin vs Silva has nothing to do with JJ vs Joanna. There stats are completely different, the fights were completely different, the outcomes were completely different, it was a terrible example to a mediocre point you used to make yourself feel smart coupled with these cringe worthy phrases you include in your posts being super extra.

You still owe me a forth goodbye. Your self control is weaker than your urge to feel smart lol

Another lol, preceeded by a panicked attempt at offending my 'self control' levels in a desperate plea, more of a beg in fact, for me not to keep ripping you apart.

You honestly shouldn't have started back when with that illiteracy jibe, and you wouldn't be in this mess. Now only if you had used some self control...

Go back to the beginning and see that you pointed out only the total strikes landed and percentage. Fast forward to that last post of yours, and you're explaining how the total stats alone can't evidence who the winner is.

You are too dumb to realise that your entire last post, you were agreeing with me. You were trying to hide it within a diatribe, but it's still glaringly obvious.

You just agreed with my original post about Griffin vs Silva, that posting the total strikes alone doesn't let you know who the winner was.

It took a lot of embarrassing yourself to get there, and a lot of name calling, but you got there in the end.

'Forth' time lucky.

Another lol, preceeded by a panicked attempt at offending my 'self control' levels in a desperate plea, more of a beg in fact, for me not to keep ripping you apart.

You honestly shouldn't have started back when with that illiteracy jibe, and you wouldn't be in this mess. Now only if you had used some self control...

Go back to the beginning and see that you pointed out only the total strikes landed and percentage. Fast forward to that last post of yours, and you're explaining how the total stats alone can't evidence who the winner is.

You are too dumb to realise that your entire last post, you were agreeing with me. You were trying to hide it within a diatribe, but it's still glaringly obvious.

You just agreed with my original post about Griffin vs Silva, that posting the total strikes alone doesn't let you know who the winner was.

It took a lot of embarrassing yourself to get there, and a lot of name calling, but you got there in the end.

'Forth' time lucky.

In this mess? Ripping me apart? LOL you realize this is an internet forum right? LOL

Good thing I clarified many times including my original post stats don't say who the winner is LOL good thing I didn't call you any names LOL

But I will now LOL You're a douche bag and you belong on those smart guy cringe videos LOL

The stats i posted did a great job of getting my point across to the person I was quoting that it was a close fight LOL There isn't any other stats of other fights that will change that LOL

I'm going to be a nice guy and bless you with the last word because of your narcissistic self control problems. I hope you get better social skills and don't put so much weight into posting on a forum. This is how you say goodbye without constantly replying, later.

same people who cry that aldo is better than conor and condit better than tyron

No.

The only part of Joanna that has evolved through her MMA career is her takedown defense, her muay thai striking has never changed or been supplemented with techniques from other disciplines to fill in the flaws of her style (which is why she's so easily hit in the face).

Her striking has improoved a whole lot since she joined ATT about 5 fights a go. Look at her striking when she joined UFC and compare it to her current striking.. its so much better now IMO.

Back