Anybody else think Joanna is better then Rose, but was just weight drained?

People are insanely retarded in this forum, she lost fucking twice, got brutally KO'D and then outclassed in her same game that is point fighting, sure Joanna did well in the second fight but Rose was clearly the better fighter.

People are clearly trolling with this dumb narrative.

Why not have them fight a second time to make sur....

...ah okay.

Rose's 105 to JJs 145 sig strikes.

Rose's 108 to JJs 160 total strikes.

Landing percentage of both were also in favor of Joanna.

I won't say she won but that was anything but a clear decision. Seems Joannas act still has jimmies rustled.

Forrest Griffin landed 35 strikes to Anderson Silva's 24 strikes.

Griffin therefore won that fight.

sCOVXWo

Boys don't cry made her tap to strikes...

Nobody in that division fights like rose. The feints, jab, footwork. She made significant strides to fight like a boxer. It's a much different story than fighting girls who step forward and wing punches. Rose will probably do just as well against those girls too considering they all have poor footwork.

DC would finish Jones at HW.
I’d take that bet. DC is 40. He is on decline physically and each day, his chances worsen against prime Jones. Jones’ lean muscle mass advantage is greater at heavyweight. Ring rust is dcs only hope.

The whole thing with the second rose fight is that JJ landed more strikes but the strikes were mainly leg kicks.

Dude no way. Absolutely not. The guy already cuts 25 pounds to make 155. His weight cut is already borderline impossible. Khabib is blessed wtih good genetics that allow his body to tolerate higher weight cuts than most people. He's just lucky.

Khabib "Cheater" Dagastani Rat is only "good" because he can cut egregious amounts of weight. He's the same size as Colby Covington and Ben Askren, but fighting at 155.

If you seriously believe Khabib would beat Colby & Askren, then you're deluding yourself.

Khabib appared to be the same size as Conor.

Do you think Conor could beat Colby or Askren?

I think Rose matches well with Joanna, and the second fight could've gone either way. I don't think she's better all around, but only a stylistic nightmare for her. Rose has good footwork and head movement, something other top 115 pounders sort of lack, and that was hard for Joanna to deal with.

However, although Rose has a better ground game, I'm sure her takedown defense is worse and Suarez/Andrade/Gadelha will maul her, something that's incredibly hard to do to Joanna.

They're pretty much even, with Joanna barely edging Rose for the simple fact that she cleaned up the current Top contenders besides Suarez. Rose is 1-1 with Torres, lost to Esparza and Kowalkievicz, and has yet to face the Brazilian monsters. Until she beats at least two of them, I'll call her a stylistic nightmare for Joanna at most.

She is better than Rose but Rose pretty much spend her UFC career preparing for her and got her number.

Technically Joanna is a better fighter then Namajunas...I feel like she was just weight drained, which is why her energy and chin were no good @ 115.

Who else agrees?

tapping to strikes says your wrong.

No. She got beaten up twice. Whoever does that to you is simply better than you.

I agree. I think Joanna is an in-betweener, like Conor McGregor. Joanna's perfect weight class would be 120 pounds, just like Conor would be the king of 150.

10 pounds between weight classes is too much. A 5 pound weight difference can decide a fight between two evenly matched, elite fighters.

Valentina is just too big for Joanna at 125. That 5 pound weight advantage is gonna decide the fight IMO.
Seriously? A 5 pound weight difference is too much?

Hard to be better than someone who beat you twice

Rose is a great counter striker bad style for a volume striker that needs to find a groove & usually starts slow nothing to do with weight

Maybe, but it's pretty hard to say that with certainty after she went 0 - 2 against her.

Rose just seems to have her number imo.

This. You guys are seriously telling me 5 pounds will make that much of difference? That boy would still beat Joanna at 120....

I don't know about the weight cut being an issue, but in the rematch, Joanna did not look good, which I attribute to the N'gannou effect. And so I'm not as certain as 99% of this forum regarding how a 3rd fight would go.

Back