Anybody else starting to lose track of what PPV # it is?

Yea, did u know that Okami fought the past weekend?? He was on the prelims so that Michelle Waterson could fight on the main card against some random chic who didn't even know a basic armbar
Didnt even realize, I only caught 3 rnds of the main event, might watch the full card when I fly home next

I was pretty obsessive about MMA. I would plan my weekends around UFC cards- UFC weekend? Party on Friday, sleep early Saturday so that I can catch the prelims at 7am on Sunday morning (GMT +7)
I had practicaly seen every fight up to about ufc130, undercardfights, free to air, i would find it and watch it, European cards Id be up to all hours in the morning, Now I'll watch maybe 6 ot 7 fights a month and skip the junk

I had practicaly seen every fight up to about ufc130, undercardfights, free to air, i would find it and watch it, European cards Id be up to all hours in the morning, Now I'll watch maybe 6 ot 7 fights a month and skip the junk
same here. I don't even bother with some events now.

To be honest, I didn't even know who this Israel guy was up till the most recent card... apparently he's a big deal. Didn't look like it though in the fight.

As they added more and more PPVs they over saturated their own market and made fans lose interest. I used to get every PPV event because the fights were all great. Now there is usually 2-3 good fights on a PPV card. Matt Hughes made a great point saying he fought in the “Golden Ages” of the UFC.

I just look at the results on Wikipedia the morning after and watch all the finishes

There was a time when I knew the date of every UFC card, and every fight on the card from prelims to main-event.

Now sometimes I forget what PPV number we're at.

I don't really even know when Fox cards are, and sometimes just find out a couple days before hand that there's an FS1 card. Hell, I even miss FS1 cards sometimes these days from simply not knowing.

Anybody facing similar issues? Or am I simply becoming a casual noob?
No doubt you are Noobering.

The process is slow but constant.

In a few years you will say Honda was a one in a lifetime individual and if someone ask you who was the best HW of all time you will say,9B34D54E-AF18-4A05-806E-3833B273A6F7.jpeg

Get rid of numbers.

I believe they only do it, so the UFC brand power will stay.

Think about it...if it was just the fighters name without ufc 222 or whatever number.....UFC wouldnt be advertised thus it will become like boxing where people only care about the mainevents.

UFC would lose, its brand power.
Its not about the numbers its about the constant change in the cards and how sometimes they get almost insipid because they make so many of then.

Same here.

Its not about the numbers its about the constant change in the cards and how sometimes they get almost insipid because they make so many of then.
For me as a long time fan I know what I want to watch, I dont need to sit through hours of fights and cards, hoping to see a barn burner and wasting 5 hours on shit quality mma

I'm also experiencing this, TS, after UFC 200 I kinda let it go..

For me as a long time fan I know what I want to watch, I dont need to sit through hours of fights and cards, hoping to see a barn burner and wasting 5 hours on shit quality mma
I usually go the same way.
That’s sometimes backfires on my ass but when that happens i just look around for a different source.

Casual noob. All it takes is about 5min from your Friday to go to UFC website and check the events coming up. Simple.

Yeah, just stop giving a shit. Now it's like oh ufc is on whos fighting idk? Don't give a shit either.

I'm just lost.

Too much cards, like one or two fights that keep me interested per PPV...

I didn't even watch the last one.

Waiting for Shogun Oezdemir and Stipe vs DC, the rest is meh... I just don't care.

I used to watch everything. Every event, countdown, interview. Nowadays I watch just a fight or two that I find interesting and that's it.
Rarely any fighter tries to be himself and every one is just acting obnoxious. I am sick of it cause it's not what MMA is about or supposed to be.

No because it's obvious information.

If you give half a shit.

If not then dont complain about your not giving a shit.

Nobody cares.

Casual noob. All it takes is about 5min from your Friday to go to UFC website and check the events coming up. Simple.
Having to go to the website to check is part of what makes me a noob these days.

Like i said? I knew when every ppv card detail for like months out

Back