Anybody else starting to lose track of what PPV # it is?

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
There was a time when I knew the date of every UFC card, and every fight on the card from prelims to main-event.

Now sometimes I forget what PPV number we're at.

I don't really even know when Fox cards are, and sometimes just find out a couple days before hand that there's an FS1 card. Hell, I even miss FS1 cards sometimes these days from simply not knowing.

Anybody facing similar issues? Or am I simply becoming a casual noob?

Oh yeah for sure, I used to mark the things on my calendar legit
Used to give me something to push through work for
Now... I'm like oh shit
Guess I'll watch?

If u only kept track of ppvs it wouldn't be as difficult

There was a time when I knew the date of every UFC card, and every fight on the card from prelims to main-event.

I don't really even know when Fox cards are, and sometimes just find out a couple days before hand that there's an FS1 card. Hell, I even miss FS1 cards sometimes these days from simply not knowing.

I actually like how we're in the 200s with PPV events. It makes me reflect on how far the sport has come.

As for TV events, I remember them based on the main event. So last week's was Gaethje vs. Poirier for me and that's how I'll always remember it.

This is why the UFC has tapered off a bit is due to to many events, sometimes the more you put out the more you get back does not apply when it comes to Quality control. Unfortunately the fights must be catered to the casual fan because they out number the true MMA fans. AS for the numbers I don't give a flying fook what number it is

Oh yeah for sure, I used to mark the things on my calendar legit
Used to give me something to push through work for
Now... I'm like oh shit
Guess I'll watch?
EXACTLY

Thank You.

Yeah...been hard for me to even watch every fight on the main card these days, when I used to watch every fight of every card.

I thought it got ridiculous after UFC 100 hit tripe digits and figured they were going to get rid of them. But they got rid of the event names instead. Then added a 125 lb weight class. Then added 125 lb, 145 lb women divisions. Then watered down the cards. Then got rid of Goldberg. Then got rid of Helwani. Then got USADA. Then added interim belts, lineal belts, real belts. Then stopped trying to recruit the world's top fighters. What the fuck is next a 220 lb division? Anderson Black Dana as UFC president?

EXACTLY

Thank You.

Dude I remember when times were rough and I could barely afford the package that carried UFC in the U.K. I think it was setanta back then

I remember there being a fight for the troops event where Guillard fought Dunham
Fuck man I was so pumped cos I'd finally got the channel
..I got up at 4am to watch Melvin Guillard vs Evan Dunham live... through all the ads and everything

Man these days I'm watching Stipe vs Francis on tape delay already knowing the result!
It's stale as fuck these days

Since I'm streaming the shit at 5 am a numbered event is no different from an unnumbered to me. Sometimes champs fight, sometimes not.

Yeah...been hard for me to even watch every fight on the main card these days, when I used to watch every fight of every card.
Likewise. I used to watch every fight except for the Facebook Prelims.

Like, the Undercard itself was something to look forward to.

Nowadays there have guys (or even girls) on the main card that get me asking... who?

I never know what PPV number is coming up

224, 223, 225

all confuse me

the same shit happened when it was like UFC 192, UFC 193, UFC 194

I was at Jon Jones vs. Shogun, I could not tell you what UFC that was

the only UFCs that stick out to me are UFC 100, UFC 200, UFC 205

They should go by years and use Hurricane naming conventions. UFC 223 becomes UFC 2018 Denise.

Same here, the UFC saturated the market, so is normal.

I think the original plan has been changed. I think they were going for something like WWE where they had an event every week, so having them be forgettable would be a good thing from their perspective.

I believe that goal has changed... Not sure what happened, but if rumors are true, we will be seeing less UFC in 2019

Dude I remember when times were rough and I could barely afford the package that carried UFC in the U.K. I think it was setanta back then

I remember there being a fight for the troops event where Guillard fought Dunham
Fuck man I was so pumped cos I'd finally got the channel
..I got up at 4am to watch Melvin Guillard vs Evan Dunham live... through all the ads and everything

Man these days I'm watching Stipe vs Francis on tape delay already knowing the result!
It's stale as fuck these days
Yea man. Here in Thailand, events start on Sunday morning... undercard in the past at around 7am.

I would legit not go out Saturday nights on UFC weekend, or if I did I wouldn't drink and would get to bed early. Why? Cause UFC Sunday. All my mates knew it.

If there was a UFC ppv Sunday morning? They wouldn't even bother. They'd ask once, I'd say "UFC tomorrow" and they pretty much just hung up. I never budged.

But nowadays? Khaibib VS Raging Al... I decided to go get a haircut and have Sunday Brunch with the guys instead. Ended up getting spoiled before watching it at night... and honestly, didn't even really care too much.

Back