Anybody else starting to lose track of what PPV # it is?

Happened to me too man. There's no love in the company, and we're feeling it. The hardcores are still around for the occasional good match-up (Khabib-Ferguson, Porier-Gaethje), but all this bullshit with WME catering to casuals is really turning us off. That's how I see it at least. I can remember just two years ago I knew the FN, FOX, and PPV #'s off the top of my head. Those days are gone, and I see the WME purchase timeline correlates perfectly.

I've been losing track for a whiiiile now.

Gonna be 250 before we know it.

I don't care anymore. They should have dropped the numbers when they stopped doing the goofy event titles.

It should only be used internally.

They've had way too many events for a while now.

That's what you get when you introduce manlet divisions and the joke that is called WMMA.

Happened to me too man. There's no love in the company, and we're feeling it. The hardcores are still around for the occasional good match-up (Khabib-Ferguson, Porier-Gaethje), but all this bullshit with WME catering to casuals is really turning us off. That's how I see it at least. I can remember just two years ago I knew the FN, FOX, and PPV #'s off the top of my head. Those days are gone, and I see the WME purchase timeline correlates perfectly.
There were also days where I actually watched the countdown episodes... and got excited about the weigh-ins.

Can't remember the last time I watched the weigh-ins now. I mean... "ceremonial weigh-ins", that's how stupid they think we are. They have guys unnecessarily take off their shirts and get on the scale, in order to read a previously recorded weight and expect us to be excited.

There were also days where I actually watched the countdown episodes... and got excited about the weigh-ins.

Can't remember the last time I watched the weigh-ins now. I mean... "ceremonial weigh-ins", that's how stupid they think we are. They have guys unnecessarily take off their shirts and get on the scale, in order to read a previously recorded weight and expect us to be excited.
Exactly man, this happened to me too. The magic is gone. WME is going to turn the hardcores into filthy casuals.

The wiegh ins use to be an event all in itself, I remember having a six pack of something nice waiting for me on friday afternoons. Now I skip both.

Even MMA media bores me now, I couldnt get enough of it before. I think its because the fighters actually use to be themselves, now we have a lot of flexing and faking dor the camera's (the McGregor effect).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UFC_events

This link has been my best friend lately when checking to see the upcoming events and who is fighting this weekend, etc.

agreed. we need an app that notifies us like 48 hours before an event. I've actually missed shows and been like damn when I see it on sherodg on monday.

oh, and my hate is real for people who post on here this liek "UFC229: rate the card, who you got". Its like hwo am I supposed to know unless you list who is fighting.

Exactly man, this happened to me too. The magic is gone. WME is going to turn the hardcores into filthy casuals.

The wiegh ins use to be an event all in itself, I remember having a six pack of something nice waiting for me on friday afternoons. Now I skip both.

Even MMA media bores me now, I couldnt get enough of it before. I think its because the fighters actually use to be themselves, now we have a lot of flexing and faking dor the camera's (the McGregor effect).
well said

Ever since they started force-feeding us Ronda Rousey... making her out to be some elite "once ever" athlete, and then doubled down by rewording Conor McGregor with special treatment time and time again, and even changed the whole "heavier weight class fight last" thing... It become too much WWE'isq

This all started with Ultimate Brazil, Ultimate Japan, and the Ultimate Ultimates.

Likewise. I used to watch every fight except for the Facebook Prelims.

Like, the Undercard itself was something to look forward to.

Nowadays there have guys (or even girls) on the main card that get me asking... who?
Not just who, but why are they on the card

There was a time when I knew the date of every UFC card, and every fight on the card from prelims to main-event.

Never had that power, but it's gotten worse.

I just check on Fridays to see if it's a MMA weekend or not. "Ohh, it's the Hunt card this weekend, cool".

There was a time when I knew the date of every UFC card, and every fight on the card from prelims to main-event.

Now sometimes I forget what PPV number we're at.

I don't really even know when Fox cards are, and sometimes just find out a couple days before hand that there's an FS1 card. Hell, I even miss FS1 cards sometimes these days from simply not knowing.

Anybody facing similar issues? Or am I simply becoming a casual noob?
I've watched every UFC, every Strikeforce, Pride, Bellator, Wec card at least one time. Handfuls of kickboxing and must thai fights and countless boxing matches. I can't remember shit anymore. It was easy to track everything because for the most part you had 1 ppv a month. Not 6 or 8 cards across ufc bellator and axsfights some times. Not to mention over 300 fighters in the UFC. I watch some dudes fight and I'm thinking it's his debut and he's got 4 fights already.

Get rid of numbers.

I believe they only do it, so the UFC brand power will stay.

Think about it...if it was just the fighters name without ufc 222 or whatever number.....UFC wouldnt be advertised thus it will become like boxing where people only care about the mainevents.

UFC would lose, its brand power.

Not just who, but why are they on the card
Yea, did u know that Okami fought the past weekend?? He was on the prelims so that Michelle Waterson could fight on the main card against some random chic who didn't even know a basic armbar

Never had that power, but it's gotten worse.

I just check on Fridays to see if it's a MMA weekend or not. "Ohh, it's the Hunt card this weekend, cool".
I was pretty obsessive about MMA. I would plan my weekends around UFC cards- UFC weekend? Party on Friday, sleep early Saturday so that I can catch the prelims at 7am on Sunday morning (GMT +7)

Back