Anybody else starting to lose track of what PPV # it is?

Dude I remember when times were rough and I could barely afford the package that carried UFC in the U.K. I think it was setanta back then

I remember there being a fight for the troops event where Guillard fought Dunham
Fuck man I was so pumped cos I'd finally got the channel
..I got up at 4am to watch Melvin Guillard vs Evan Dunham live... through all the ads and everything

Man these days I'm watching Stipe vs Francis on tape delay already knowing the result!
It's stale as fuck these days

Sherdog is off limits until you see the fights.

No. I'm not senile, and I don't hearken back to nostalgia.

I don't spoil fights either unless I don't intend to watch them.

Sherdog is off limits until you see the fights.
Social media too though, these days.

That's where I got spoiled for Khabib VS Raging Al. Like, if you're subscribed to UFC or UFC on Fox like I am, BAM spoiled right after fight.

They really don't care about anyone who isn't watching live

Social media too though, these days.

That's where I got spoiled for Khabib VS Raging Al. Like, if you're subscribed to UFC or UFC on Fox like I am, BAM spoiled right after fight.

They really don't care about anyone who isn't watching live

Didn't think of that.

I avoid social media, it is getting difficult.

If I can't/don't catch something live it's no interwebs other than to... procure said event.

Didn't think of that.

I avoid social media, it is getting difficult.

If I can't/don't catch something live it's no interwebs other than to... procure said event.
You don't have casual friends who spoil it for you?

Like in my case, my friends who got in after the whole Conor buzz, know that I'm the 'UFC guy' and feel the need to message me to discuss results and shit, saying dumb shit thinking they're fucking smart- but actually just echo Joe Rogan's sentiments most of the time...

No? Just me?

Like in my case, my friends who got in after the whole Conor buzz, know that I'm the 'UFC guy' and feel the need to message me to discuss results and shit, saying dumb shit thinking their fucking smart- but actually just echo Joe Rogan's sentiments most of the time...

No? Just me?
They wouldn't be my friends if I told them no spoilers, and they did it for me constantly.

Sounds like you need a friend upgrade.

Yea man. Here in Thailand, events start on Sunday morning... undercard in the past at around 7am.

I would legit not go out Saturday nights on UFC weekend, or if I did I wouldn't drink and would get to bed early. Why? Cause UFC Sunday. All my mates knew it.

If there was a UFC ppv Sunday morning? They wouldn't even bother. They'd ask once, I'd say "UFC tomorrow" and they pretty much just hung up. I never budged.

But nowadays? Khaibib VS Raging Al... I decided to go get a haircut and have Sunday Brunch with the guys instead. Ended up getting spoiled before watching it at night... and honestly, didn't even really care too much.

Haha I feel ya dude I'm exactly the same or was....

I devolved to where I am now it started like this
Any event ANY even a tuf finale, id set my alarm for 3am get a can of monster and get on with it, go to bed about 6pm following day
Then I had my son and started valuing my sleep a lot more
So all my friends and family would know not to text me ANYTHING most of the times turned my phone off anyway and I'd be able to be approached from
Lunchtime but only if I text first..

Now I literally text my brother the other weekend saying, what round did Khabib get Al?

It's not because I'm less of a fan it's because the product is awful

They wouldn't be my friends if I told them no spoilers, and they did it for me constantly.

Sounds like you need a friend upgrade.
They don't do it maliciously. They just reach out to me in excitement cause they assume I watch it live and what not.

So many ways to get spoiled these days: Sherdog, social media, group chats, tagging (email notification), messengers... hell even Google gets on it and sends me spoilers sometimes to my Android phone... like shit, I don't even know how to turn that one off.

Like in my case, my friends who got in after the whole Conor buzz, know that I'm the 'UFC guy' and feel the need to message me to discuss results and shit, saying dumb shit thinking they're fucking smart- but actually just echo Joe Rogan's sentiments most of the time...

No? Just me?

Friends????

The friends I have don't pay attention to sports period, much less cock fighting.

They don't do it maliciously. They just reach out to me in excitement cause they assume I watch it live and what not.

So many ways to get spoiled these days: Sherdog, social media, group chats, tagging (email notification), messengers... hell even Google gets on it and sends me spoilers sometimes to my Android phone... like shit, I don't even know how to turn that one off.
Eh, well that's when you turn the phone off I say. Shoot, I probably only use my phone for internet once every few days. I turn the Internet off usually and only use it for calls most of the time.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I don't see how you can get spoiled if you are actually trying to avoid it and care about an upcoming fight. If you don't give a shit, or whatever it makes sense. But, if you care enough to not want to know the result that's pretty easy.

Then again, I only keep a close circle of a few friends and don't use Twitter, Facebook at all, and a few texts a week. I don't even know how you would get Google to tell you stuff on your phone lol.

Eh, well that's when you turn the phone off I say. Shoot, I probably only use my phone for internet once every few days. I turn the Internet off usually and only use it for calls most of the time.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I don't see how you can get spoiled if you are actually trying to avoid it and care about an upcoming fight. If you don't give a shit, or whatever it makes sense. But, if you care enough to not want to know the result that's pretty easy.

Then again, I only keep a close circle of a few friends and don't use Twitter, Facebook at all, and a few texts a week. I don't even know how you would get Google to tell you stuff on your phone lol.
I'm a very social guy, so it is a bit harder for me. I'm in way too many group chats, and I really can't get out of them. Asians are a bit sensitive towards these things. Like if you ignore them, or refuse their invitation it is just as bad as sleeping with their wife.

As for Google spoilers? It is based on search history and web browsing history. I search a lot of MMA news and what not... so you know based on what you read on your phone, they start sending you headlines from similar pages. So, I get MMA notifications that way sometimes. Its not an app, its not something I signed up for either. Its just...google. Tough luck I guess.

But like you said, If I really cared I would indeed avoid spoilers. Or in fact, it wouldn't even get there since I'd watch it live without fail

I'm a very social guy, so it is a bit harder for me. I'm in way too many group chats, and I really can't get out of them. Asians are a bit sensitive towards these things. Like if you ignore them, or refuse their invitation it is just as bad as sleeping with their wife.

As for Google spoilers? It is based on search history and web browsing history. I search a lot of MMA news and what not... so you know based on what you read on your phone, they start sending you headlines from similar pages. So, I get MMA notifications that way sometimes. Its not an app, its not something I signed up for either. Its just...google. Tough luck I guess.

But like you said, If I really cared I would indeed avoid spoilers. Or in fact, it wouldn't even get there since I'd watch it live without fail
Ah, gotcha. I don't think I've ever even been part of a group chat or know how all that works in general. I'll keep my shroud of ignorance, I tend to fly solo or with one or two people in most things I do anyway.

Huh, I've never had Google send me headlines or anything. Guess it must be a setting you have to activate or you must have to use your phone's internet a certain amount to get those.

Yeah, if you're tired of the product I get it. If you cared though, as you said, you would probably watch it live. Most of the times I work overnights so I can't as much these days but I do catch the early prelims before work and watch the card right after I get off.

That's what happens when cards begin to suck.

Ah, gotcha. I don't think I've ever even been part of a group chat or know how all that works in general. I'll keep my shroud of ignorance, I tend to fly solo or with one or two people in most things I do anyway.

Huh, I've never had Google send me headlines or anything. Guess it must be a setting you have to activate or you must have to use your phone's internet a certain amount to get those.

Yeah, if you're tired of the product I get it. If you cared though, as you said, you would probably watch it live. Most of the times I work overnights so I can't as much these days but I do catch the early prelims before work and watch the card right after I get off.
Yea, honestly I think I've become WAY to dependent on my phone, and on the internet in general.

Enslaved by Google....

I remember Dana saying years ago that it would be silly to keep numbering them after a while but here we are

I remember thinking around UFC 100 that the numbering would be gone by now. Dana even said back then that he wanted to eventually be done with it.

I guess it helps make the century marks a big event because if they stopped numbering them then once they want to hype 300 it won’t seem like that big of a deal.

I liked how Strikeforce never numbered. Once you start it’s hard to stop. Bellator starting with a number scheme was silly considering they originally did weekly events.

Losing track? Why would you even keep track in the first place. It's just a number, I remember events by fights.

Back