Anybody Did Here 23AndMe AND Ancestry.com DNA tests?

Yeah, shit got me all fucked up. Says I'm mostly English and German but I'm tan with dark hair. If I told someone I'm mostly English I'd probably get laughed at.

It probably missed a relative or two on your darker side because there's no way to cross reference them in the database. Maybe a gypsy somewhere, gypsies very much lived in England, though aren't "english".

Now your dna is owned by the local, state and federal police. Your dna is being planted on about 20 cold case files. Enjoy the life sentences, served concurrently. Not bad.

Free room and board, motherfucker. I need a vacation.
PS. I sent my shit in anonymously without my actual name or return address.

I sent away for three kits and they threw in an extra one for free. Going to do them with my kids for Christmas, my ex was adopted so their results should be interesting. I used Ancestry. Not sure what I will do with the extra kit.

I sent away for three kits and they threw in an extra one for free. Going to do them with my kids for Christmas, my ex was adopted so their results should be interesting. I used Ancestry. Not sure what I will do with the extra kit.

Use the extra one on your dog

Will really blow their mind, “Jesus Christ this guy is half poodle!”

That white diversity you got going on in your fam. Pretty awesome.
Expect a call from Mueller special councel's office, btw.

If Mueller finds out I am 2% Russian and allegedly voted for President Trump, I'll be in some serious hot water.

Just curious about how she found out he wasn't her real father?

I mean, it gives you your ethnic DNA results in percentages, but does it also say "you're adopted"? Obviously not, but I'm curious how she actually figured it out.

Also, did it lead to finding her other family through the service? Or did she go and find them some other way?
So on 23&Me there's a feature that let's you see how much genetic code you share with someone and it can tell you how related you might be. The #1 result was a woman she'd never seen before who had enough in common to be her aunt and lived in the area she grew up in. They ended up messaging eachother and the lady told her that her brother was a sperm donor back around the time she was born and she made the account to find the kids he had.

She talked to her mom about it afterwards and found out they were never sure if her dad was her dad because they used a sperm donor and never tried finding out. Pretty interesting situation, she's really against sperm donation already and it turns out a lot of children born that way feel like they're unnatural and shouldn't exist. Really fucks with their sense of identity.

She found her sister through the site and a brother, though she hasn't been able to get ahold of the brother much. Her and the sister talk daily. Crazy thing is there's possibly hundreds of siblings out there so she's always looking at people in that area and wondering if they're actually related.

My mom's older brother and my dad's older sister both got them done.
Now my parents both want me to do one with them.
I'm over here like... Guys. GUYS!

So on 23&Me there's a feature that let's you see how much genetic code you share with someone and it can tell you how related you might be. The #1 result was a woman she'd never seen before who had enough in common to be her aunt and lived in the area she grew up in. They ended up messaging eachother and the lady told her that her brother was a sperm donor back around the time she was born and she made the account to find the kids he had.

She talked to her mom about it afterwards and found out they were never sure if her dad was her dad because they used a sperm donor and never tried finding out. Pretty interesting situation, she's really against sperm donation already and it turns out a lot of children born that way feel like they're unnatural and shouldn't exist. Really fucks with their sense of identity.

She found her sister through the site and a brother, though she hasn't been able to get ahold of the brother much. Her and the sister talk daily. Crazy thing is there's possibly hundreds of siblings out there so she's always looking at people in that area and wondering if they're actually related.
Literally none of this happened.

Is this an Internet scam?
I just saw this same exact topic posted recently on two other forums.

I've done ancestry.com, familtreedna.com and gedmatch.com. They all use different calculators and population sources. You shouldn't take any of them as absolute fact because it's not an exact science.

What you have to do is look at as many as you can and then compare the results to your actual family tree. From there, you can get a rough estimate of your percentages.

I always hate how people are like 'I'm half irish, half Italian' It doesn't work that way. We are all mutts and inherit a bit of DNA from all of our parents and grandparents.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the reply!

I just had run into someone I know at the airport a while back and she was telling me that she was there to pick up her mom who had just gone to visit her biological dad she found through the same service.

Wondered how it actually worked.

Literally none of this happened.
If I were going to make a story up for Sherdog I can guarantee it would be a lot more interesting than that. I wanted to post about it as soon as it happened because there was a thread like this that was around at the time and I mentioned buying it for her.

It's apparently a growing issue for sperm donors in the 80's and I assume 90's who donated anonymously and didn't want to be found because their kids are using these sites and of course there's going to be questions so they seek them out.

Fuck no. This is how they are solving a bunch of crimes. They gonna have to dig through my trash if they want to find who killed that hooker.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the reply!

I just had run into someone I know at the airport a while back and she was telling me that she was there to pick up her mom who had just gone to visit her biological dad she found through the same service.

Wondered how it actually worked.
Yeah it sounds like something from a TV show, we had made jokes about it before her results got back because she's nothing like her parents. But when you look at how the world was and the sudden access to this kind of information, it's not as surprising that it's fairly common for people to find out through it. I personally would like to find out I was adopted.

Yeah it sounds like something from a TV show, we had made jokes about it before her results got back because she's nothing like her parents. But when you look at how the world was and the sudden access to this kind of information, it's not as surprising that it's fairly common for people to find out through it. I personally would like to find out I was adopted.

Yeah pretty crazy!

But, I'm sure it's more common than people think.

It probably missed a relative or two on your darker side because there's no way to cross reference them in the database. Maybe a gypsy somewhere, gypsies very much lived in England, though aren't "english".

Eh the romans noted whole tribes of swarthy Britons so its just reality vs stereotype.

Did 23andMe. It told me I was <1% sub-Saharan African. So now when I tell girls I'm black from the waist down, I'm not lying.

Last edited:

Totally fucked up.

Back