Anybody Did Here 23AndMe AND Ancestry.com DNA tests?

grizzard2bid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Got my Ancestry.com DNA tests. White AF <45>, literally 99%. Not even Ashkenazi jew. Says less than 1% Asian region, but that also could be white presence there. I read that Ancestry.com only goes back 300-400 years, whereas 23AndMe goes further back as much as 1000 years.

Already shipped out my 23andme "spit sample", so looking to see if I can find more details cause my origins kinda make sense, but kinda don't based on family knowledge.

Let me know if you've done both and if you found differences. YouTube reviews aren't uber helpful.

Time to start apologizing homey.

Time to start apologizing homey.
tenor.gif

I gotta say, the today's bio-science is amazing. I made my results as anonymous as possible and they pretty much nailed me, barring few details. For a price of a dinner for 2, you can find out your heritage today.

giphy.gif

How does this shit even work?

Pay 60-100, depending on discounts, get a little box with plastic tube and prepaid shipping box/label. Spit into a tube, having not eaten 30 mins prior, and drop it off at USPS. Oh, also go on the website and register an account and put in the number on the tube so you can track result progress.

Got my Ancestry.com DNA tests. White AF <45>, literally 99%. Not even Ashkenazi jew. Says less than 1% Asian region, but that also could be white presence there. I read that Ancestry.com only goes back 300-400 years, whereas 23AndMe goes further back as much as 1000 years.

Already shipped out my 23andme "spit sample", so looking to see if I can find more details cause my origins kinda make sense, but kinda don't based on family knowledge.

Let me know if you've done both and if you found differences. YouTube reviews aren't uber helpful.
I did both and got different results. They each are clearly using their own standards.

How does this shit even work?

A way for the government to get your dna and frame you for murder if you do not corporate with their schemes.

Nice try, government. Two steps ahead of you.
<Moves>

Tests Offered
AncestryDNA only has one test available, which tests autosomal DNA.

This is the DNA passed down to you by all of your ancestors. It gets mixed together with each generation, so it can’t tell you much about your family farther back than about six to eight generations.

23andMe offers a test bundle that not only includes autosomal DNA, but mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) and Y-chromosome DNA (YDNA) as well.

YDNA and mtDNA let you trace a single family line very far back into the past.

For YDNA, this is your direct paternal line; for mtDNA, it’s your direct maternal line.

By testing your mtDNA and YDNA, 23andMe can give you information about your haplogroups.

A haplogroup is essentially all the descendants of a particular person.

For YDNA, since only males have a Y-chromosome, the haplogroup includes all of the direct male descendants.

For mtDNA, which is passed on to both males and females, it includes all of the descendants.

Your haplogroups can help you trace your family’s locations and migration routes far back into the past.

https://www.smarterhobby.com/genealogy/23andme-vs-ancestry-dna/

A way for the government to get your dna and frame you for murder if you do not corporate with their schemes.

Nice try, government. Two steps ahead of you.
<Moves>

And if you want to die?
Check mate, gubment.

Pay these companies to find out shit that doesn't matter so they can sell it to who the fuck knows for more money lol .no thanks

Pay these companies to find out shit that doesn't matter so they can sell it to who the fuck knows for more money lol .no thanks

I'm a cheap fuck, and if I'm paying for it, it definitely matters to me. You online live once. Finding out how you came about, is at least a little bit amusing.Motivates me in some way. I realize I came from pure lineage of beasts and I need to take advantage of these heredetary gifts.

Last edited:
congrats if any of ur family members commits a crime the cops can now find them using ur DNA

I got 99.9% Northwestern European. All Norwegian and British Isles. .01% was Eastern Asian, Native American. I'm also 86% more Neanderthal than the average person...

Back