Any other Irish fans that disapprove of Conor?

Most people in Ireland think he is a boorish hooligan with no class. He only appeals to the lower class and delinquents.

source: my Irish bartender. Real Irish recent immigrant, not some "Irish American" poser.

I honestly think he has more in common with Americans than the Irish. Loud, cocky, mouthy, greedy assholes. Fits right in, which is why people love him. They want to very badly be him. The american dream.

Was you born in Ireland/grow up in Ireland? If not your not Irish TS.

All my grandparents were Irish but both my parents were born and raised in England and so was I. So I'm English.

We have a completely different way of thinking about race here in the U.S. The mafia in New York is often referred to as the Italian mob even though most of them were born here in the states. However, try telling one of those mobsters that he’s not really Italian and see what happens! They take their Italian heritage very seriously and even have rules that require made members to be of full Italian blood. By “full” they only mean that your parents or even just grandparents had to be originally from Italy. The Irish mobsters in Boston in the 70s were born in the states, but they were so passionate about their Irish heritage they were literally sending boat loads of guns to the IRA in Ireland. I’d love to see you tell one of those guys “you’re not really Irish” lol.

I been to Ireland few times and I think I might be Irish and I love Conor.

Reminds me of casuals who can't name 5 current fighters saying things like "I wish Conor would shut up and just fight".

He's winning MMA. He's more prestigious than the UFC, he makes more money than anyone in the game, and has walked the walk. But he needs to do it differently?

You think he needs to be humbled? For what? Is he not happy? Is his family sad? Is he not a good fighter?

Or does Conor's humbling serve your pleasure?
Underrated post. Well said.

Being Irish isn't a Race it's a Nationality. If you weren't born in Ireland your Not Irish.

British people aren't a Race of people neither are the french or German or Italians. They are Nationalities.

Tests done on people all over the British isles, show that the English, Irish, Scots and Welsh are basically the same people bar the few exceptions.

The only people not born in Ireland who claim to be Irish are American people with Distant Irish Ancestors.

Half of the people who live in the UK have Irish relatives and ancestors. None of whom claim to be Irish.
You think you can change your DNA by moving to a different country? Good luck with that.

Back